Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 16th June 2010, 23:56   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Damn, I just bought a Mac mini last week....

Although it did have mini-DVI and mini-Display port. The computer is almost the size of a external CDROM drive. Where is the news, link please?
Dont know if they will do it here. (Mostly they wont, knowing retailers here)
But my cousin abroad had bought a new macbook a week before they launched a new one. She went back to the store & told them & Apple replaced it with the new one at no charge.

But i doubt they will do it here. Firstly, no Apple stores. Secondly, Apple service here & abroad is worlds apart (as anyone who has bought a mac here & experienced their service abroad knows).
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 13:05   #287
BHPian

Does anyone here use Tata Photon+ on snow leopard? I need details about the software I'd require for the model number EC1260. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 20:38   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Does anyone here use Tata Photon+ on snow leopard? I need details about the software I'd require for the model number EC1260. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Yes, I have used it. Works perfectly fine. I don't remember the model no of my device as it is not with me right now. I can let you know tomorrow. Are you facing any specific issues?
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:07   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Yes, I have used it. Works perfectly fine. I don't remember the model no of my device as it is not with me right now. I can let you know tomorrow. Are you facing any specific issues?
Thanks, it's working fine on my mac as well. The thing is, I was buying a macbook yesterday and I don't have access to internet other than photon+ and I wanted to make sure I get the dialer etc. at the iStore itself. Thanks again.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:17   #290
Senior - BHPian

Any good FREE - video converters available ?? Should work flawlessly between converting VCD/DVD/AVI/DIVX/MTS to all available formats.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:42   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Any good FREE - video converters available ?? Should work flawlessly between converting VCD/DVD/AVI/DIVX/MTS to all available formats.
Try mactheripper. Its good, but converts every thing to M4V. The codec it used H.264 mostly and hence takes lots of time.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 23:01   #292
BANNED

What is the best Batch photo resize software for the Macbook pro??
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 23:07   #293
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
What is the best Batch photo resize software for the Macbook pro??
Try "automator" that comes with the os - there is a whole lot of things that one can do with it.
akp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 00:11   #294
BANNED

where can i find it. Is it in the apps folder itself??
Old 26th July 2010, 00:32   #295
BHPian

^
You know, instead of posting that question, you could've just checked your apps folder!
Assuming your mac was with you at the time..

Yes, it's in the apps folder..
ladak.imran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 15:19   #296
BANNED

Allright, Technical Query here. I am going out of town, and I dont have a plug and play internet. I want to use the net form my E71 for my Mac. I know this is possible, but the nokia guidelines are outdated and thus useless. Can anyone Help!! PLEASE!!
Old 29th July 2010, 15:52   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Allright, Technical Query here. I am going out of town, and I dont have a plug and play internet. I want to use the net form my E71 for my Mac. I know this is possible, but the nokia guidelines are outdated and thus useless. Can anyone Help!! PLEASE!!
You'll need a software that will make your phone act as a modem. I have used PDAnet successfully with iPhone and I think it might support your phone as well. Do check it out.
Old 29th July 2010, 16:52   #298
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th August 2010 at 11:00.
greencity is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:41   #299
BHPian

Hey fellas.. I'm going back to school this fall and I am planning to get a Macbook Pro. I have always used a PC but I guess I wanna now experience what the fuss is all about! And of course, for purposes of being a more serious photographer with the right tools at some point I guess as well!

So portability was one of the criteria for me, which is why I am considering letting go of my humongous 15" Dell Studio and getting a smaller machine. I was going the 13" macbook pro (MBP) way till I went and saw the 15" in the store and it doesn't quite look that bulky.

I had a question about the power of the processor and the graphics card on the 13" vs the 15". The 13" comes with a Core 2 Duo with a Nvidia Geforce 320M graphics card. The 15" comes with a i5/i7 processor with the Nvidia 330M graphics card.

How much is the difference in using Photoshop/Lightroom with the processors and the graphics cards outlined above? Would anyone have a feel for this? If the i5 isn't really that much greater than the core 2 duo, then I might just choose the portability of the 13" over the 15"

If there are other reasons why I should go with a 15", please let me know..I'm very new to the Mac world.

The other thing of course is that I need to run windows on my mac for my school requirements with substantial use of excel. For this, people of recommended having a windows partition via bootcamp instead of using Parallels or VM...any thoughts?

Sorry for the long post! Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
MC Mayank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 08:39   #300
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Mayank, I have an almost similar question.

Well, I have very limited knowledge about Macs so would let the other guys help you out with the buying part. Just my views about your Windows installation. I was fooling around on the Apple Canada Store and came across Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac. I guess you should be able to get it here too. If your intention of getting Windows is just for using the excels etc, won't it be better to get this instead?

Anyways, coming to my dilemma!

Thing is, I want a 13" Mac , so guys, which one do you suggest? MacBook or MacBook Pro? Usage would surfing, movies, some photoshop apart from the regular docs etc.

MacBook retails for close to 70k INR.
If I get it from say, Canada or Singapore, will the warranty be applicable here?

Last edited by Dry Ice : 8th August 2010 at 08:46.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote