Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2014, 16:45   #4126
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Default re: THE Laptop Thread: Configs, deals and questions

Would you mind sharing the contact details of the store. I understand that these guys might be in Meerut but then Meerut is closer to Dilli than Bombay Do accept my thanks is advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
MRP 32.5K, retailing about 29~30K at Flipkart/Amazon/Ebay. Picked it up for 29.2K from a local store with breakage warranty included.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2014, 16:52   #4127
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,899
Thanked: 3,768 Times
Default re: THE Laptop Thread: Configs, deals and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Would you mind sharing the contact details of the store. I understand that these guys might be in Meerut but then Meerut is closer to Dilli than Bombay Do accept my thanks is advance.
I got it from Sunsheel Business Solutions, P.L. Sharma Road, Meerut M:09412206390 (Ashu Agarwal). They are the authorised Dell Store here though I doubt he will supply to Delhi.

You can also look it up online - http://www.flipkart.com/dell-inspiro...VK37YVXfPD_BwE

Starts at 28,840/- at Flipkart
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 11:35   #4128
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 65
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
But I want Windows pre installed.
Sorry for the late response, among the Acer and Lenovo, Lenovo would be better off as performance wise the Intel dual core are better daily performer when compared to the amd. The amd apu are better suited for graphics.
appu.bhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 13:12   #4129
BHPian
 
freakmuzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 459
Thanked: 385 Times
Default re: THE Laptop Thread: Configs, deals and questions

I'm a student Architect and am in a lookout for a laptop with the following configuration

1) i5 processor
2) 2GB NVIDIA graphics card
3) Minimum of 4 GB RAM
4) Would prefer a 15 inch screen

I'l be using 3D modelling softwares and AutoCAD, Sketch UP, etc.

On further research, I found that the M series processors have greater speed and performance than U series ones (2.4GHz vs 1.6 GHz). Hence shortlisted the following:

1) HP 15-d103tx
http://www.flipkart.com/hp-15-d103tx...7-939afeb2fe2c

2) Toshiba C50 AX3110
http://www.flipkart.com/toshiba-sate...d-0b5d5ef61c80

3) Lenovo G400s (14inch though)
http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-essen...a-e6079ba1594d

My budget is under 50k. I preferred the HP one because it's got the best features for the price out of the three and all these laptops have the M series processors that are faster. But I'l have to compromise on a lower graphics card (710,720 or 820M). Whereas all the other laps having a U series processors (1.6 GHz) have 740M Graphics card which is definitely better than 720M or 820M.

I'm confused as to what should be weighed more? A faster processor or a faster graphics card? Both these come together in a Lenovo Z510 but that's pricier at 54k :(.
freakmuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 13:23   #4130
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 65
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Check this deal in snap deal, use this "ssd5" coupon for extra 5%
http://m.snapdeal.com/product/lenovo...-4th/164368484
Will cost 49k

Last edited by appu.bhandari : 15th May 2014 at 13:38.
appu.bhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 13:29   #4131
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,397
Thanked: 841 Times
Default re: THE Laptop Thread: Configs, deals and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Both these come together in a Lenovo Z510 but that's pricier at 54k :(.
Which Lenovo Z510 model are you referring to here? I very recently got the configuration that you are looking for 50k, refer a page or two back.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 13:32   #4132
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 65
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Which Lenovo Z510 model are you referring to here? I very recently got the configuration that you are looking for 50k, refer a page or two back.
The specs you mentioned are pretty similar, just check the link of the model I attached in my previous post.
He probably would have checked the price of the i7 processor and mentioned that.

Last edited by appu.bhandari : 15th May 2014 at 13:41.
appu.bhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 13:41   #4133
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,397
Thanked: 841 Times
Default re: THE Laptop Thread: Configs, deals and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
The specs you mentioned are pretty similar, just check the link of the model I attached in my previous post.
I got the same laptop 59-387061. I paid 49k for it and got a lenovo bag and headset too (both mediocre quality though).

I've used it sparingly since the purchase but its a great laptop, right from look & feel to my modest requirements.

I'm currently downloading games such as Crysis, GTA IV, Battlefield 3 and lets see how the graphics card performs.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 14:03   #4134
BHPian
 
freakmuzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 459
Thanked: 385 Times
Default re: THE Laptop Thread: Configs, deals and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
Check this deal in snap deal, use this "ssd5" coupon for extra 5%
http://m.snapdeal.com/product/lenovo...-4th/164368484
Will cost 49k
(y) Great. I'l check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Which Lenovo Z510 model are you referring to here? I very recently got the configuration that you are looking for 50k, refer a page or two back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
The specs you mentioned are pretty similar, just check the link of the model I attached in my previous post.
He probably would have checked the price of the i7 processor and mentioned that.
No I checked the ones having i5 processor. the i7 ones are 59k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I got the same laptop 59-387061. I paid 49k for it and got a lenovo bag and headset too (both mediocre quality though).

I've used it sparingly since the purchase but its a great laptop, right from look & feel to my modest requirements.

I'm currently downloading games such as Crysis, GTA IV, Battlefield 3 and lets see how the graphics card performs.
Thank you
59-405838 is the model of Z510 that I looked for. The difference is , this one's got a 8GB SSD.

And any idea whether GPU or CPU is more important for 3D rendering ? Because for lesser prices, I get the same 740M Graphics but with the U series processors with speeds of 1.6 GHz
freakmuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 14:15   #4135
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 65
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post

No I checked the ones having i5 processor. the i7 ones are 59k.


And any idea whether GPU or CPU is more important for 3D rendering ? Because for lesser prices, I get the same 740M Graphics but with the U series processors with speeds of 1.6 GHz
The i7 would cost 54-55k using the coupon if it interests you.

And coming to the gpu and cpu issue, it's gpu.
In olden days the processor use to be important for graphic processing. But as gpu got more powerful, bulk of processing job is now done by gpu.

Last edited by appu.bhandari : 15th May 2014 at 14:17.
appu.bhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 20:02   #4136
Newbie
 
ifightforuser31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 13
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

All i7 laptops will cost at least 60k stay away from HP for the time being. If you can try and buy Asus laptops. They will last long
ifightforuser31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 20:55   #4137
BHPian
 
Enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai/Doon
Posts: 423
Thanked: 515 Times
Default re: THE Laptop Thread: Configs, deals and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
I'm a student Architect and am in a lookout for a laptop with the following configuration

1) i5 processor
2) 2GB NVIDIA graphics card
3) Minimum of 4 GB RAM
4) Would prefer a 15 inch screen

3) Lenovo G400s (14inch though)
http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-essen...a-e6079ba1594d

My budget is under 50k. I preferred the HP one because it's got the best features for the price out of the three and all these laptops have the M series processors that are faster. But I'l have to compromise on a lower graphics card (710,720 or 820M). Whereas all the other laps having a U series processors (1.6 GHz) have 740M Graphics card which is definitely better than 720M or 820M.

I'm confused as to what should be weighed more? A faster processor or a faster graphics card? Both these come together in a Lenovo Z510 but that's pricier at 54k :(.
I have been using the G400's Touch for about a month now and I must say it is a very decent laptop for the price.

I am not into architecture so won't be able to comment on the performance of software's you mentioned, however the performance of the laptop in general is rather good. I recently finished playing NFS MW-II and at mid-high settings the game runs with absolutely no lag.

I would recommend the same to you.
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 21:40   #4138
BHPian
 
devilwearsprada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: GoonGaon
Posts: 443
Thanked: 674 Times
Default re: THE Laptop Thread: Configs, deals and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Would you mind sharing the contact details of the store. I understand that these guys might be in Meerut but then Meerut is closer to Dilli than Bombay Do accept my thanks is advance.
Why dont you check a few stores at Nehru Place. I am sure SMC and C2C stock laptops and there prices would be lower anyday!
devilwearsprada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 22:11   #4139
BHPian
 
freakmuzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 459
Thanked: 385 Times
Default re: THE Laptop Thread: Configs, deals and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
The i7 would cost 54-55k using the coupon if it interests you.

And coming to the gpu and cpu issue, it's gpu.
In olden days the processor use to be important for graphic processing. But as gpu got more powerful, bulk of processing job is now done by gpu.
Hmmm. Thank you. I researched a little bit. Softwares like AutoCAD and SketchUp require just basic dedicated graphics card but softwares like 3ds Max and Lumion require a pretty capable Graphics card to function well it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifightforuser31 View Post
All i7 laptops will cost at least 60k stay away from HP for the time being. If you can try and buy Asus laptops. They will last long
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
I have been using the G400's Touch for about a month now and I must say it is a very decent laptop for the price.

I am not into architecture so won't be able to comment on the performance of software's you mentioned, however the performance of the laptop in general is rather good. I recently finished playing NFS MW-II and at mid-high settings the game runs with absolutely no lag.

I would recommend the same to you.
I'm finally deciding on getting the Laptop from the US as my uncle is coming to india next month. In that case, I'l be going in for the Lenovo Y510p that seems to have the best configuration at that price point. Can u believe it, the cost is just around 53k where as in India it costs 70k and the spec here is a little inferior.

I checked out the Y50 and it's awesome. But it will not have the International Warranty applicable as they are not planning to launch it in India anytime soon. I don't want to take a risk.

The Y510p specs are:
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
Windows 8.1 64 (Windows 8 in Indian version)
15.6" FHD LED Glossy Wedge (1920x1080) (1366x768 in Indian version)
NVIDIA GeForce GT755M GDDR5 2GB (GT750M in Indian version)
8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
1TB 5400 RPM + 24GB SSD ( SSD optional in Indian Version)
DVD Recordable (Dual Layer)
Intel 7260 b/g/n Wireless (2x2 BGN) (don't know the spec in India)
Bluetooth Version 4.0
One year
6 Cell 72 Watt Hour Lithium-Ion

Isn't that good for 53k?

I think I can opt for accidental coverage from Lenovo India. Have to check that. I will keep this for 4 year and I'm sure these softwares will work flawlessly since even very intensive games work really well.
freakmuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 23:11   #4140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 65
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post

I'm finally deciding on getting the Laptop from the US as my uncle is coming to india next month. In that case, I'l be going in for the Lenovo Y510p that seems to have the best configuration at that price point. Can u believe it, the cost is just around 53k where as in India it costs 70k and the spec here is a little inferior.
The Y510p specs are:
Lenovo z510, Similar specs apart from lesser ssd and a inferior graphic card but no doubt powerful. Would cost 54k with a year warranty.
Else if u opting for non warranty ones then you could check out ebay, they have lots of thailand model which have great specs for low prices. I too have a dell inspiron 3537 with i7 u processor, along with 8gb ram, 1 tb hdd and 2gb amd 8850 ddr5. Costed 44k and working gr8. I did transfer the ownership from thailand to india without any problem.

Haven't faced any problem as of now so can't tell much about service aspect.
Attached Thumbnails
The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions-1400261583382.jpg  

appu.bhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6593 21st October 2017 15:21
The Camcorder thread : Tech, deals and specs adityapd Gadgets, Computers & Software 121 25th April 2014 17:03
New Civic 1.8V AT. Questions questions... ImmortalZ Sedans 6 12th June 2008 09:49
Help in configs - Gift Laptop Jr Godzilla Gadgets, Computers & Software 3 13th January 2008 11:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks