Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 23rd September 2017, 13:18   #4981
BHPian

Default Re: The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
I got an Asus (something like this - https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-X200-11-.../dp/B00F0RDZ9Q, but in white and without OS). Got it from Amazon India for around 15k after all cashbacks. I use an old PC monitor with it at home to get a bigger screen once in a while. This was almost a year or more ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I placed the order yesterday , will update after receiving and using it for a few days.
Thanks for your suggestions, just ordered a Lenovo IP with Win 10
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1, landing is ~26.5 INR net of cashback + some pennies saved on the no cost EMI. Promised delivery is by Monday.

Had written to Lenovo support about warranty support on products bought on Amazon/FP and was told to share the system invoice copy and item serial number along with order confirmation mail. Does the invoice copy which comes attached to Amazon packages suffice?
hothatchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 09:57   #4982
Senior - BHPian

Hi team,
I'm planning to buy a budget priced mid-range standard laptop with following specifications - 7th/8th gen core-i5, 4-8GB DDR4, 2GB Graphics card, 15.6" Full HD, DOS/Linux (No Windows needed). The thing I'm looking for is tolerable build quality and good hardware. Less than 50-55K. HP 15-BS576TX (43K) is the model I'm planning to purchase. Any other suggestions. Dell inspiron 5567 costs 57K here and it seems no value for money. Looking for only Dell or HP models.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 14:35   #4983
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Hi team,
I'm planning to buy a budget priced mid-range standard laptop with following specifications - 7th/8th gen core-i5, 4-8GB DDR4, 2GB Graphics card, 15.6" Full HD, DOS/Linux (No Windows needed). The thing I'm looking for is tolerable build quality and good hardware. Less than 50-55K. HP 15-BS576TX (43K) is the model I'm planning to purchase. Any other suggestions. Dell inspiron 5567 costs 57K here and it seems no value for money. Looking for only Dell or HP models.
Hi deepclutch,
I had purchased the following:
https://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-core...MEWM7FYFGCCBBR

Its 8 GB, i5 7th Gen, 2GB graphics, but not FHD. Display is okay not great, but fairly sturdy and well built.

I got it fairly cheap (with sale price and cash back) in 34,500, now it is back at 41,990.

Good laptop overall, you may want to consider.

Regards,
JLS
JLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 09:27   #4984
Senior - BHPian

Post Re: The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Hi deepclutch,
I had purchased the following:
I got it fairly cheap (with sale price and cash back) in 34,500, now it is back at 41,990.

Good laptop overall, you may want to consider.

Regards,
JLS
Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking for a Dell or HP. There are already 8th gen models available now from HP in India. I expected a price fall during Diwali, but is not happening! It looks like my options are (1) HP 15-BS576TX or HP 15-BR011TX (2) HP Pavilion AU639TX (online from eBay.in sellers) which suits the demand for Full HD display and 7th gen i5 processor. However, I'm skeptical on buying online from eBay because this HP Pavilion Core i7 4GB Nvidia gfx FHD IPS display model is a parallel import/grey import from Thailand, it seems. So, HP India warranty is doubtful. However HP AU639TX is excellent value for money - for a purchase in India.

Anyone knows how is the build quality of recent HP BS/BU series notebooks from HP in India? How is the after-sales and warranty service of HP? In my place, 90% of the sales are either HP or Lenovo which is what shops are claiming. Dell Inspiron 5567 is the model which fits the purpose for me. But, it is overpriced at 58600 here while I can get HP or Lenovo for 38-50K.

Also, I prefer buying from a reseller or big shops since I can check the models physically before buying. But, the prices are like 5-6K more than what Amazon, Flipkart, Paytm etc lists. :o

Last edited by deepclutch : 13th October 2017 at 09:29.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote