Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 16th February 2012, 23:11   #31
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Laptop HDMI ==> RCA Television

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Kindly let me know the best option for this to play in my old tv. I had planned a B-ray player which is around 7k. Since I wont be using any discs, I feel that this player will be a waste. Media player seems good enough since I see that there are many other features when using media players and also it's of the same price range.
Also which brand to go for and the price range/features.

Thanks in advance.
Naveen
You can connect your external HDD or even a USB pen drive, direct to the media player. Laptop would not be necessary.

Quote:
Now coming to the brands, i am using WDTV and am happy. Only hitch is, there are no onboard controls. So remote is the key. It plays almost all the formats. Asus is also a well known brand. Please check out the reviews of these sets, and see if it meets your requirements. I prefer, you go with some well known brand.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 09:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Laptop HDMI ==> RCA Television

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Now coming to the brands, i am using WDTV and am happy. Only hitch is, there are no onboard controls. So remote is the key. It plays almost all the formats. Asus is also a well known brand. Please check out the reviews of these sets, and see if it meets your requirements. I prefer, you go with some well known brand.
Thanks dude. I checked the player that comes around 3k. It sold over 50 products and everyone has given a good feedback. The laptop cant be directly connected but will play all formats from USB and HDD. Asus models starts from 4k - 10k. Which model to go for? Saw this model which I shortlisted
http://stores.ebay.in/android-curve/...sub=2618389010

Please see other models here

Which one to go for as per my requirements?
Sorry to bug you. Am not an expert in this.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 12:13   #33
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Laptop HDMI ==> RCA Television

Quote:
Thanks dude. I checked the player that comes around 3k. It sold over 50 products and everyone has given a good feedback. The laptop cant be directly connected but will play all formats from USB and HDD. Asus models starts from 4k - 10k. Which model to go for? Saw this model which I shortlisted

Please see other models here

Which one to go for as per my requirements?
Sorry to bug you. Am not an expert in this.
Check this out. I have something similar to this from WDTV. This should meet all your requirements. Value for money, deal.

Asus O'Play Mini HD Media Player 1080P .Mkv .m2ts H.264 national Warranty | eBay
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote