Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 18th November 2009, 00:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
1) Wimax does assign IP dynamically. What happens sometime is you are a single user in a given cell. This happened with me and for 4 - 5 months I always got the same IP. That is because IP Pools are allocated to cells.

You can telnet to antenna and change cell.

run "sh bs" command on antenna and post the result here. Keep in mind that antenna is a PC running linux (and fully hackable ).

2) PPPOE wont work on consumer plans. And do try changing MAC address of WiFi router.

3) Overall, don't worry about IP and download limits based on IP. Just create an Windows XP VM and use "CRYPTLOAD" for downloading. DO NOT use it on actual PC.
Thanks man.

1) How to do that ? I think its something like entering 192.168.1.2 in router and opt for static IP.
I will read again about it. If possibel, do post the procedure if you know. I will surely search more on it. Earlier I had tried this but failed due to my mistakes.

2) Yes, thats next thing I am trying to do. Just afraid that after that is some or the other errror comes up, I will receive blasting from my family members. Just afraid because of that.

3) Will try this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
@aaggoswami

Hi ,i dont know much about networks ,but am sure due to wind or something the dish direction must have changed slightly and that may be the problem as wi max works on micro wave platform..please correct me if am wrong,the the technicians for out side work are mostly outsourced,and they should come to your place to check the issue.

Do one thing mail to this ID
corporatecare@relianceada.com with relevant details am sure you will get response let me know even if you don't get response.
Tomorrow I will shoot off a mail to them for sure. Thanks for offering me help.

@all : Thanks for reading long posts and replying.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 10:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Steps:

1. Set WiFi router to static IP 192.168.1.2. Confirm that you cna ping IP 192.168.1.1
2. Telnet to 192.168.1.1
3. Username password is "support"
4. run command "sh bs" (show base station)

Post output here
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 21:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Steps:

1. Set WiFi router to static IP 192.168.1.2. Confirm that you cna ping IP 192.168.1.1
2. Telnet to 192.168.1.1
3. Username password is "support"
4. run command "sh bs" (show base station)

Post output here
Tried doing the same but router wont allow it. Then directly tried this, but could not ping to 192.168.1.1.

Today connectivety was broken again. Instantly I pinged 124.124.5.135/136/140. I was not able to ping DNS servers. So intantly called relinance customer care. Now here, one has to wait till the recorded instruction reach half way and then only it will take the option as entry. I have to get through two recorded options. First time I have to presss 2 and second time I have to press 0, both the times, they are last options, so I have to wait.

The CC asks for userid, etc. and then I tell him that I was instructed to call them when I am facing problem. So I beg to him to transfer my call to tech. dept. He informs me of new complain regestering scheme. I quickly as him to direct my call. Nobody picks up the call in tech dept. He received my my call back and tell me now I have to call next time when I face problem. This is actually third time that I have called for same purpose and my problem is not traced as the call did not reach appropriate person/dept.

The CC asks too many questions at initial level. He gave me a number that does not work. The email is being composed as its quite long as I am putting in a lot of data in that.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote