Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 2nd January 2010, 12:23   #16
BHPian

Here is your service manual:
T43 Service manual

Search in ebay for "T43 LCD Inverter" and "T43 CCFL" to get approximate price for both(Double the price for OEM product). Now you should have an idea of the total cost involved and you can bargain with your technician if you intend to seek professional help for the repair.

Last edited by Holyghost : 2nd January 2010 at 12:26.
Holyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:43   #17
BHPian

Checked this link, the warranty cost are quite less, the authorised service center guy quoted 9k for an year warranty. what was he thinking.http://www.thinkessentials.com/catdi...p?cid=94&tid=4
I have checked the prices on ebay, though not availble in India, need to get it shipped to India from outside.
Another query:-If I get it replaced locally from the vendor(Unauthorised)What sort of reilabilty I should expect from the new parts?

Last edited by Gill : 2nd January 2010 at 12:44. Reason: Link added.
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:09   #18
BHPian

Dont know what the service center guy was quoting. The warranty looks good for the prices mentioned in that link.

And for local guys, reliability depends on the quality of the part he replaces with. But generally, these guys will give a free repair if the replaced part fails in 3-6 months.

Regarding ebay, shipping to India is not at all a problem. Majority of these sellers are from Hong Kong and most of them gives very cheap shipping to India (and sometimes free) though it usually takes 3 weeks to reach your door step.
Holyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Its a screen inverter problem. Its a 20 minute job, if replaced and will cost you about 1500-2000/- depending upon the model.

Its an hour job, if its a repair, and will cost you about 550/-. Thats just a labour, as he will nick parts from old inverter if its his regular work.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 14:46   #20
BHPian

I had the same problem with my Dell laptop, replacing the LCD invertor solved it. If you are handy with a philips screwdriver, you should be able to replace it yourself, there are many sites which will guide you in replacing it.
Try pchub.com for parts.
thangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 10:26   #21
BHPian

Local Chandigarh members, I need your help, Post some info about reliable and good Laptop repair shop!
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:25   #22
BHPian

Default Repair in Pune

I have a screen inverter problem on my IBM T43p.
Can anyone recommend a repair person in PUNE and must be willing to do the job on-site (i.e. at home). (Willing to pay extra for their on-site charge.)
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 15:31   #23
BHPian

You can do it yourself, there is loadsof information regarding it, on internet. I have a spare Inverter and Cable(FRU), if required let me know.