Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 18th December 2015, 23:35   #361
BHPian

Default Re: The iPad Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post

The problems only start when you are using heavy apps and use a lot of new apps as it might affect performance or new apps might simply not be downwards compatible.

Jeroen

Thank You Sir! I think I will stick to the Air for now. Don't think the extra $125 is justified for my simple 'coffe table companion' usage.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:10   #362
BHPian

Ipad App for Sharing Photos Across IPAD & Andriod Devices ;

Hi,

Can you kindly point me to the best ipad app to transfer files seamlessley across Ipad to Andriod devices.

Currently, I use "Superbeam" on my ANDRIOD device to transfer files across Andriod phones.

But couldn't find similar application for Ipad.

Any pointers will be highly appreciated.
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 18:05   #363
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, I recently got an iPad mini 2. My prime use is watching movies, reading books/quora etc.
when I checked the iOS for updates, it is prompting to update to iOS 9.2.1. I guess this update is the latest one? Should I go for 9.2.1 update? Will this update slow down my iPad by any chance?

Edit - also one issue I am facing with stock is is that wifi freezes after sometime of inactivity. I have to switch wifi off and then on to resolve the issue. Amy pointers?
bluevolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2016, 07:53   #364
BHPian

My dad got an iPad pro 128GB 4G for 66K INR from Dubai. Its retailing around 95 K INR in India, I believe. Awesome deal, I guess.

I actually wanted him to go for iPad air 3, which is due this march, but he wanted a larger screen. The current iPad3 that he is using, the battery has conked off, it will switch itself off once it reaches 75% battery level.

Will be getting the official keyboard accessory as well. Will update with a short review after fair usage.
ecenandu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 23:57   #365
BHPian

I have been using the iPad pro for few days along with the keyboard as well as Apple pencil.
Here are my thoughts:

It's an iPad with a larger screen . Viewing multimedia content has been a treat.
Many of the apps haven't utilised the full screen area estate.
The keyboard is great to type, just like the new MacBook.
Usage of shortcut keys are a plus when using the keyboard. Especially, command + tab to switch between apps.
Haven't used Apple pencil that much but my mom, an amateur artist found it really good to use but this is her first digital gadget for art.
Multi window works like a charm and the larger screen has been a plus. Not all app support this option, though.

Personally, I will never buy this for my type of usage. For my usage, Microsoft Surface Pro makes more sense.
Old 21st February 2016, 08:47   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
My dad got an iPad pro 128GB 4G for 66K INR from Dubai. Its retailing around 95 K INR in India, I believe. Awesome deal, I guess.

I actually wanted him to go for iPad air 3, which is due this march, but he wanted a larger screen. The current iPad3 that he is using, the battery has conked off, it will switch itself off once it reaches 75% battery level.

Will be getting the official keyboard accessory as well. Will update with a short review after fair usage.
Will it make sense to go for this over the Air 2? My iPad with retina is kinda broken. I was holding on to it and a friend pushed me into the pool and it kinda fell with me. It doesn't work at all. I for one sincerely don't like the huge screen of the pro but I like buying the latest models always. Any tips will be gratified.

Thanks in advance
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2016, 13:03   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Will it make sense to go for this over the Air 2? My iPad with retina is kinda broken. I was holding on to it and a friend pushed me into the pool and it kinda fell with me. It doesn't work at all. I for one sincerely don't like the huge screen of the pro but I like buying the latest models always. Any tips will be gratified.

Thanks in advance
Why not wait for iPad Air 3 which is due this March. Go for the model which make more sense for your usage.
iPad Pro is not that portable, although it's light for its size, with the keyboard accessory on, is not the lightest thing to hold on to. It works best on the lap or on tables with the keyboard stand.

It's not an laptop replacement, yet, long way to go for that. But the larger screen has opened up a lot of possibilities. If your work requires a lot of editing and typing, then this make more sense, just because of the larger screen area.

Viewing multimedia content is a treat, the speaker are also great. I was kind off surprised with the loudness and the bass from them.

We went for it because it made perfect sense for my Dad's usage, consisting, lot of editing, reviewing journals, emails etc. He has been happy with iPad and was closely following the Pro since the rumours started floating around the Internet.

If you have any specific doubts, feel free to ask. More than happy to help.
Old 16th April 2016, 17:23   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
How much will battery replacement for iPad3 will cost, when done through apple store? US site is showing 99$, was wondering how much will it cost in india?
Finally got the battery replaced for 79xx INR. They replaced it with a refurbished unit.
Old 18th April 2016, 09:02   #369
BHPian

Can you guys suggest the best protective case for iPad mini 4? I would like to have one with works as a stand also. Thanks in advance.
The Rationalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 11:00   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Can you guys suggest the best protective case for iPad mini 4? I would like to have one with works as a stand also. Thanks in advance.
I have been using the Otterbox Defender ever since i bought my iPad mini in November 2012.

Going strong ever since. Not a scratch on my iPad. It's been dropped numebrous times and no issue to either the iPad or the cover.

Works as a stand as well.

Only con is that it is bulky.

Go for it. Available online in India too!
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 06:31   #371
BHPian

I have an Ipad Air-I- 64gb wifi only model. Paid INR49K about 2.5 years back, and now, out of warranty. It has stopped charging. Tried multiple cables with no luck.

The official service center kept it with them overnight, and then recommended a replacement with a similar configuration device. They are charging 20K for it. They are claiming it will be a brand new device (brand new ipad air-I?), but will carry only 3 months warranty. I was not sure if I wanted to spend 20K and get only 3 months warranty, so paid them their 500 bucks inspection charges and took the ipad back.

Since the ipad is anyways out of warranty, took it to another 3rd party service center in Bangalore, ifix. As per their diagnosis, both the battery and charging port have an issue. They will charge ˜9K to replace both. They are claiming that they will order and use genuine apple parts. Willing to offer 6 months warranty on the parts and work done.

What say? Pay this 9K and use the ipad for however long I can, and then move one?

Cheers,
Ajay
ajayclicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 12:12   #372
Senior - BHPian

How to mirror (connect) an iPad to a smart TV?
bluevolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 12:34   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How to mirror (connect) an iPad to a smart TV?
You will need to buy Apple TV

http://www.apple.com/in/tv/
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2016, 22:17   #374
Senior - BHPian

Bit

It is not actually about the iPad but the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 that I want to ultimately check the issue.

But while searching the net on the issue of "mild electric shock from back panel while charging", I came across a piece of information saying that all iPads do display the same issue. Is this really true, is this an intended design, can iPad users confirm?

Link 1 and link 2
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 11:31   #375
BHPian

I have an iPad which is having a display issue. It fell down. Can this be fixed ? Any suggestions welcome. The iPad works fine though .The iPad Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1493013686.495674.jpg
sairamboko is offline   Reply With Quote