Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 3rd January 2015, 17:30   #16
BHPian

Default re: Weird problem with wireless connection on my laptop (and some other issues)

Its the wireless channel. You must be on Auto right now or an unsupported indian channel.

Set it to 6. (or anything under 10 I think. Not sure)
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2015, 22:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Weird problem with wireless connection on my laptop (and some other issues)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
Does the laptop support the same wireless standard protocol (g or n) as configured on your router?
If the laptop does not support n then you may want to change your router config.
It does support both g and n band

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Its the wireless channel. You must be on Auto right now or an unsupported indian channel.

Set it to 6. (or anything under 10 I think. Not sure)
Where do I change these settings? On the router?
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2015, 00:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
It does support both g and n band

Where do I change these settings? On the router?
Yes. Login to the admin console (192.168.1.1 default) and then these should be under Basic Wireless config settings
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 13:49   #19
BHPian

Hi BHPians,
We are having a weird problem with our internet connection. The net connection is provided by Tata Docomo Photon Max WI-FI data card. The problem is that the laptop refuses to open most of the pages (Google, Facebook, YouTube, etc.), fortunately, T-BHP opens without any issue. Since Google too doesn't open, currently I am browsing through Yahoo which works. But with the same connection in my phone, all the sites open without any issue. Any solution, BHPians?

The page displays a message like:
Attached Thumbnails
Weird problem with wireless connection on my laptop (and some other issues)-untitled.png  

Last edited by Tojo_GotBhp : 31st March 2016 at 14:16.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 14:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Hi BHPians,
We are having a weird problem with our internet connection. The net connection is provided by Tata Docomo Photon Max WI-FI data card. The problem is that the laptop refuses to open most of the pages (Google, Facebook, YouTube, etc.), fortunately, T-BHP opens without any issue. Since Google too doesn't open, currently I am browsing through Yahoo which works. But with the same connection in my phone, all the sites open without any issue. Any solution, BHPians?

The page displays a message like:

You can click "advanced" button on the bottom left and click "proceed to this site anyway" to open the sites.
To fix the error, try these:
1. Check whether your system clock is running correctly. Else sync the time with internet time.
2. Try to open these sites in incognito window. If it opens, then some extension is causing this. Uninstall any recently installed extensions and reset chrome.
3. Try turning off your antivirus. If it works, then your antivirus is blocking.

Hope this helps.
sid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 16:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
You can click "advanced" button on the bottom left and click "proceed to this site anyway" to open the sites.
To fix the error, try these:
1. Check whether your system clock is running correctly. Else sync the time with internet time.
2. Try to open these sites in incognito window. If it opens, then some extension is causing this. Uninstall any recently installed extensions and reset chrome.
3. Try turning off your antivirus. If it works, then your antivirus is blocking.

Hope this helps.
sid93, Checked my system clock and it seems to be right, tried opening through incognito mode but again it showed the same message - Your connection is not private. Will try the third method i.e; by turning off the antivirus. But is it safe to browse by keeping the antivirus turned off?

Clicked the advanced button but the option - proceed to this site anyway didn't appear.
Attaching a screenshot for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Weird problem with wireless connection on my laptop (and some other issues)-untitled2.png  

Tojo_GotBhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 17:21   #22

Tojo, most probably could be a DNS issue. Can you test using the Google public DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
sabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 17:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sid93, Checked my system clock and it seems to be right, tried opening through incognito mode but again it showed the same message - Your connection is not private. Will try the third method i.e; by turning off the antivirus. But is it safe to browse by keeping the antivirus turned off?

Clicked the advanced button but the option - proceed to this site anyway didn't appear.
Don't disable the anti-virus. Please check the certificate information by clicking on the lock icon near the address bar. For Facebook, you must have these values:

Name:  cert1.PNG
Views: 149
Size:  16.3 KB

Name:  cert2.PNG
Views: 142
Size:  19.1 KB

PS: Most likely, some application has installed a certificate in your computer to perform man-in-the-middle traffic analysis. That certificate has expired or been revoked. If that is the case, check out the information here on fixing this - How to Check for Dangerous Certificates on Your Windows PC

Last edited by msdivy : 31st March 2016 at 17:25.
msdivy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 18:00   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Looks like certificate issue. Yea, its safe to try turning off antivirus and check unless you don't download or visit new/unknown sites. What antivirus you use by the way? If its avast internet security, then its the culprit.

If that didn't solve, try these:
Did you install any new software or antivirus? If so, try disabling or uninstalling it.

If nothing works, uninstall all browsers except internet explorer. Go to internet explorer>setting> reset internet option and confirm the same when it asks. Now restart pc and open internet explorer and browse. It should work as it resets certificate.

Ps: Try this for temporary fix to load pages. When the error page shows, click anywhere on the page(empty space) and type "danger". It should load the page.
sid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 17:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
If nothing works, uninstall all browsers except internet explorer. Go to internet explorer>setting> reset internet option and confirm the same when it asks. Now restart pc and open internet explorer and browse. It should work as it resets certificate.
Resetting IE won't reset the certificate store.

@Tojo_GotBhp, try with Firefox and share your results. Firefox has its own certificate store and doesn't depend on OS.
msdivy is online now   Reply With Quote