Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 14th March 2010, 16:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Playing .ac3 on DVD player?

hi,

i recently got some .ac3 files (with surround sound for HT) downloaded from the internet. how can i use them on my LG DVD player? simply burning them on a CD-R or it requires something else?
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 18:36   #2
BHPian

I presume that you may have to use some DVD authoring software to burn it in the DVD format. You may then play it on any DVD Player.

What comes to my mind immediately is the freeware DVD Shrink 3.2.

I had in the past recoded video using Nero and authored DVDs. Not sure whether DVD Shrink can recode and do it. It can definitely take chunks from other DVDs and reauthor them into a DVD.( A bit of old news is that the author of DVD Shrink ceased development on this when he joined the Nero Team. I had distinctly felt DVD Shrink running in the Nero software suite. )

You may have to try. There are lots of guides online on using DVD Shrink. Good luck.

Note: Multichannel DVD audio never attained any degree of popularity and hence I had never tried to find out the DVD structure of it and ways and means of authoring one. So what all I have told is pure guess work.

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 14th March 2010 at 18:48.
Ponmayilal is offline   Reply With Quote