Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2005, 16:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Yes, all these suggestions are for miniDV. If you have Hi-8 camcorder, you need to use a card which converts analog video to digital.

I am not sure about the VCD maker software. I use Adobe Premiere elements. If you have Windows XP, it comes loaded with Windows movie maker which is a decent software. Or your firewire card should have been shiiped with software like ULead.
Old 7th October 2005, 14:46   #17
BHPian

problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman
I have a Panasonic NV GS55 and transferring the video to the PC is a doddle. I use WinDV.exe to transfer the files to the PC (via firewire). It has never dropped a frame. Video is a hard drive intensive process (12 gig for 1 hour video footage). After grabbing all the avi I encode the Video using TMPG Encoder to encode the avi files into DVD format (MPEG 2) and then use this in a DVD authoring package to produce a DVD.

Hey guys thanx a ton for all the help.

Got a IEEE 1394 cable yesterday and was able to transfer the videos from the camcorder to my laptop using windows movie maker. There was no frame dropping at all and the quality of the video has also improved significantly. I got a transfer rate of 20 frames per socond.

However there is just one another issue....there are so many settings given for configuring the video quality in movie maker that i am confused as to which one should i select to get DVD quality videos with the least use of harddisk space.

I have a X videoconverter to encode the files captured to DVD ( mpeg) format. Can i use a nero software to burn DVDs on DVD writer or is there some other software which is available for buring DVDs ?

~A
Old 7th October 2005, 15:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner
Guys same problem with m as well i'm using Panasonic GS-35 supplied with the software and USB cable which i mean the software helps only for image transfer and not video.. after a lots of twiching i found an alternative to trasfer the video using Movie Maker and keepiung the cam at privew more..
I recently bought a GS35 .. and successfully test-transferred 5 mins of footage (didn't want to use up my laptop space), using the supplied USB. 5 mins translated to around 1Gig of avi file. I was able to view the movie thru media player.

However there was a perceptible loss of resolution when I used the supplied software to convert the AVI to MPEG. 1Gig = 50MB .. which means for a 1 hour MiniDV cassette (SP recording) , the MPEG would be 600MB .. easy to write to 1 CD.

Two queries ...
1. Can anything be done about the loss in resolution ? Or will it happen anyway ?
2. If I decide to retain the video in the tapes itself .. What precautions are required to preserve MiniDV cassettes ?
Old 8th October 2005, 15:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityapd

Got a IEEE 1394 cable yesterday and was able to transfer the videos from the camcorder to my laptop using windows movie maker. There was no frame dropping at all and the quality of the video has also improved significantly. I got a transfer rate of 20 frames per socond.

However there is just one another issue....there are so many settings given for configuring the video quality in movie maker that i am confused as to which one should i select to get DVD quality videos with the least use of harddisk space.

I have a X videoconverter to encode the files captured to DVD ( mpeg) format. Can i use a nero software to burn DVDs on DVD writer or is there some other software which is available for buring DVDs ?

~A
Not sure is MS movie maker letsyou make DVD video.
You can use NERO to burn. There are a few free packages out there as well that can burn to DVD. The following site has a freeware burning software http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

I caputure using Win DV http://windv.mourek.cz/ to transfer video to the PC and then I I use tmpg encoder (plus) to produce my DVD MPEG2 files . I have tried many other encoders and found tmpg has really top notch output. http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/index.html
Old 13th October 2005, 23:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

hey guys which is the best software for editing videos..mainly need to cut certain parts. out..should be easy to use.

Thanx
Rev
Old 14th October 2005, 00:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

@revtech, try ULead photostudio or MS movie maker.
Old 14th October 2005, 14:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityapd

~A
you can use "1.5 MBPS for local playback".I find it most efficient.
Old 15th October 2005, 02:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
@revtech, try ULead photostudio or MS movie maker.

hey rx thanx a lot but i tried downloading them from download.com and none of them could be found.

any other place to download them from.

rev

p.s can these be downloaded or do they have to be bought ??
Old 21st May 2006, 18:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Need help to copy video from Handycam to CD

Guys, I have a Sony Handycam (Digital 8). I want to copy video from the Handycam to my Laptop and then burn a CD. Experts advise, if I need to get any additional software and hardware to do the same? Thanks in advance!
Old 21st May 2006, 18:39   #25
BHPian

Do we need a fire-wire card to do this?
Old 21st May 2006, 19:55   #26
BHPian

You'll need a fire-wire pcmcia card and a fire-wire cable to capture the video onto the laptop. Then use programs like cyberlink powerdirector to edit and mix background music and convert it into a vcd or dvd. The sony minidvs have a usb cable to caputre the video onto the harddisk.
Old 22nd May 2006, 10:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdfreak
You'll need a fire-wire pcmcia card and a fire-wire cable to capture the video onto the laptop.
Can I attach a Fire-wire PCMCIA Card to my laptop?
Old 22nd May 2006, 14:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdfreak
You'll need a fire-wire pcmcia card and a fire-wire cable to capture the video onto the laptop.
Can I install a Fire-wire PCMCIA Card onto my laptop?
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Which model do u have of the Digital 8 sony ???????? It will help a lot
Old 22nd May 2006, 16:09   #30
BHPian

As long as the camcorder has a "DV Out" port it is possible to capture video from camcorder.
The easiest way to connect Camcorder's DV Out to computer's Fireware (IEEE1394) and capture via Windows Movie Maker application (preinstalled with WinXP)
However, if you are buying new camcorder, it would be prudend to invest on those which write directly on 8 cm DVDs! No more problem with transferring via cables

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks