Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 12:31   #1891
BHPian
 
vinit_relan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Denon 2313 is costing 600 usd. It costs 80k in india. Jbl es 90 is costing 30k for the pair, centre speaker 15k, subwoofer is close to 35k and jamo surround rear 24k.
vinit_relan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 19:48   #1892
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 289
Thanked: 23 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

hi folks
Use a xtreamer connected to HDTV to watch movies. Audio out is directed to my 10 yr old Sony 3 CD Music system
Use mostly 320kbps + mp3 format to play songs, plus lots of 720p movies
Looking to upgrade speakers for a better sound experience with movies & music. Have no need for a DVD/ Blueray player.

Will prefer wiring not be running around the room if possible.
Any suggestions on what I should be looking at ?
paharino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 17:40   #1893
BHPian
 
CaliforniaKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: IND + DXB
Posts: 937
Thanked: 35 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Hello Folks,I have a denon AVR 4306 receievd which I have been using for some time and it is indeed flawless.However,I now need to upgrade.I have a friend whos relocating and is giving away his not so old DENON AVR 4308.
There are some extras in it which my receiver does not have,and it is much newer than my 4306.Do ou think it is worth buying it.He bought it for AED 9500/- from the local dealer here and is read to pass it to me for AED 2500/- .He bought the unit just over 2 years back.Need your inputs to make a decision.
CaliforniaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 09:49   #1894
BHPian
 
diyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 250
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Hello Folks,I have a denon AVR 4306 receievd which I have been using for some time and it is indeed flawless.However,I now need to upgrade.I have a friend whos relocating and is giving away his not so old DENON AVR 4308.
There are some extras in it which my receiver does not have,and it is much newer than my 4306.Do ou think it is worth buying it.He bought it for AED 9500/- from the local dealer here and is read to pass it to me for AED 2500/- .He bought the unit just over 2 years back.Need your inputs to make a decision.
Sounds like a very good deal to me...
diyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 17:25   #1895
BHPian
 
CaliforniaKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: IND + DXB
Posts: 937
Thanked: 35 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Sounds like a very good deal to me...
I have actually bought it.Here is a snap of both stacked.(only for the photo).
Sorry for the sad photo quality.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Theater thread-4308-4306.jpg  

CaliforniaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 18:34   #1896
BHPian
 
diyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 250
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
I have actually bought it.Here is a snap of both stacked.(only for the photo).
Sorry for the sad photo quality.
That's a great deal and a second room setup
diyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 23:37   #1897
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 39
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Need some advice. A relative is looking to buy a good quality portable dock which can support iPhone and preferably also has a USB/Aux input. Something similar to the SoundDock Portable System series from Bose. Would like to know what are the recommended choices in this space.
I use a Jambox from Jawbone. It is very compact and portable and runs on Bluetooth. I also use it for my late night calls. It's no Bose, but at $200 it's pretty cool.
Juggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 02:24   #1898
BHPian
 
CaliforniaKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: IND + DXB
Posts: 937
Thanked: 35 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
That's a great deal and a second room setup
Thanks.I just love their 4 series amps.It just kicks @$$ compared to the Onkyo NRs and Yamaha's I've owned,but hooking up can get your BP levels going northwards.
CaliforniaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 15:51   #1899
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,592
Thanked: 7,073 Times
Default Re: Which Home theater system? Super tight budget

Guru's please let me know, i would have preferred an amp and two standings. But i am getting some good offers in the range of 25k INR for these?

Which one should i choose? Need would be some cinema and music listening inside the bedroom. I know its difficult to balance the need in one system and that too at a super tight budget. But if someone can help me with pro's and con's of following it would be great.

I am kinda sold for denon, except for the speakers esp the front ones.

http://denon.co.uk/uk/product/pages/...ctid=dht1312xp

Next is a Pioneer todoki or whatever

http://pioneer-india.in/shop/htp-rs32/

Other 2 am not very keen since they dont have active sub's.

http://www.onkyoindia.com/ht_hs-hts3400.html

http://in.yamaha.com/en/products/aud..._g/?mode=model


I am open to a whole new suggestion, if it can fit in at 25 K budget. All i want is good sound, dont care about 5.1 etc even two channel one which has good SQ i would be fine.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 18:42   #1900
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,742
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Pioneer RS32 for 25k? Sounds like a steal, go for it!

At 25k it would not be possible to get any floorstanders in a stereo setup. You would probably get a pair of inexpensive bookshelves with a Pioneer A-10-K type integrated amplifier (which doesn't have a remote control, btw)

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 5th August 2013 at 18:45.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 18:46   #1901
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hibbing, MN
Posts: 73
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Which Home theater system? Super tight budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Guru's please let me know, i would have preferred an amp and two standings. But i am getting some good offers in the range of 25k INR for these?

Which one should i choose? Need would be some cinema and music listening inside the bedroom. I know its difficult to balance the need in one system and that too at a super tight budget. But if someone can help me with pro's and con's of following it would be great.

I am kinda sold for denon, except for the speakers esp the front ones.

http://denon.co.uk/uk/product/pages/...ctid=dht1312xp

Next is a Pioneer todoki or whatever

http://pioneer-india.in/shop/htp-rs32/

Other 2 am not very keen since they dont have active sub's.

http://www.onkyoindia.com/ht_hs-hts3400.html

http://in.yamaha.com/en/products/aud..._g/?mode=model


I am open to a whole new suggestion, if it can fit in at 25 K budget. All i want is good sound, dont care about 5.1 etc even two channel one which has good SQ i would be fine.
The Pioneer one looks great at that price! Denon is known to gone cheap in the last couple of years!

If you are going for Movies, stick to 5.1 as nothing can beat that in SQ I.E the surround is totally a stage as to a 2.1, but for music 2.1 would be sufficient for you!
Diamond_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 20:08   #1902
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,592
Thanked: 7,073 Times
Default Re: Which Home theater system? Super tight budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Pioneer RS32 for 25k? Sounds like a steal, go for it!
Not exactly 25 but i should get it for 27.5. But how is the SQ for this Pioneer kit? Decent? and how about the functionality, to me all looks same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
If you are going for Movies, stick to 5.1 as nothing can beat that in SQ I.E the surround is totally a stage as to a 2.1, but for music 2.1 would be sufficient for you!
Yup thats the only reason why i am looking for 5.1, for movies etc for the better half.

Thanks a ton guys, seeing lil light in my confused brains.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 15:22   #1903
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,592
Thanked: 7,073 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

To add to the confusion i am getting an option of Onkyo 4505 also, how is this compared to Denon 1312 or for that matter Pioneer RS32?
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 17:15   #1904
BHPian
 
saikatmandal04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 63
Thanked: 23 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

I recently purchased a Yamaha Receiver RXV373 and a Basic speaker set NS-P40 to go with it. I purchased it online as I was getting a better deal than all the stores/showrooms here in Hyderabad including the authorised retailer.

Before buying I did listen to quite a few brands like Denon, Onkyo, Pioneer. But for the tight and limited budget I had, this seemed to be a better bargain than the rest. A few of the deal breaking features that swinged the game in Yamaha's favour was

1. Active Subwoofer
2. Better sound
3. Auto Calibration feature (YPAO)
4. Nice and clean console

Existing Yamaha owners should be able to tell me if my decision to go with Yamaha was correct or not.

I will hook it up with a Panasonic 50" Plasma. Any tips on setting it up and/or fine-tuning it to enhance the performance and the longetivity of the HT. My primary usage is to view movies. I am still in the process of setting it up and hope to do it in the coming long weekend of 15th Aug.
saikatmandal04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 17:28   #1905
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 581
Thanked: 213 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Pioneer RS32 for 25k? Sounds like a steal, go for it!
25 K , Where ?

Websites quote prices at 40970 or am i missing something. If it;s for 25 K , it;s a steal really if one goes by the Specs alone.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me build a Simple Home Theater PC sandeepmdas Gadgets, Computers & Software 66 16th May 2013 23:30
USB Hard Disk to Home Theater autoenthusiast Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 20th August 2008 21:36
Home theater under $220 cooldude1988765 Gadgets, Computers & Software 4 9th November 2006 14:31
For SALE- Home Theater components nitinbhag Shifting gears 1 2nd August 2006 18:24
Home Theater - Amp/woofer for Car vivek.singh.73 In-Car Entertainment 6 25th September 2005 12:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks