Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2014, 21:20   #2161
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 493
Thanked: 114 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If your Yamaha receiver has multiple HDMI input outputs, then check which one of them support ARC. Else you will have to take a different route for delivering Audio back to HT.
I dont find any markings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
When you play a movie from Hard disk on TV, is dolby sound sent to HT via optical? Does that work? If yes then there is something to do with TV and STB.
Yes, it does.
I can connect the optical from STB to HT too, but if need to watch movie, need to change the connections. So hesitant.
With my existing connection, STB Dolby is passed through the optical to HT. HDMI is only for picture.
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 11:16   #2162
BHPian
 
Fillmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 271
Thanked: 127 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Does anyone own Heco speakers here ? Any feedback on the same ?

Also do let me know if there are any Heco dealers in Bangalore. Looking for a pair of tower speakers in the 35 - 40k range, that can double as a 5.1 + for Stereo mode as well.

Any other inputs from the audio gurus most welcome.

Last edited by Fillmore : 6th June 2014 at 11:19.
Fillmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 17:56   #2163
BHPian
 
Anupam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pune - India
Posts: 259
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Logitech Z906 5.1 THX certified, I recently auditioned this at a friends place and was mightily impressed, is anyone here on the form owning it? The pricing is around 20k.


Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Anupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 20:10   #2164
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 493
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

Yesterday there was a low voltage in my apartment which caused my amplifier to die. It doesnt turn on. Infact it was connected to a spike buster and there is no fuse blown in it. After some google, checked the fuse inside my amplifier and it hasnt blown out too.
Had to take it to the service center. Disappointed!! :(
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 23:07   #2165
BHPian
 
devilwearsprada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: GoonGaon
Posts: 439
Thanked: 667 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Does anyone own Heco speakers here ? Any feedback on the same ?

Also do let me know if there are any Heco dealers in Bangalore. Looking for a pair of tower speakers in the 35 - 40k range, that can double as a 5.1 + for Stereo mode as well.

Any other inputs from the audio gurus most welcome.
Why not check the entry level Jamo's/Klipsch?
devilwearsprada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 00:10   #2166
BHPian
 
mandhir.s.bajwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 50
Thanked: 37 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

great thread, just saw it.
Well I have Philips FW-V 520 music system which is pretty old now, was a gift to me by my father around 11 years ago. It's a 2200 watt pmpo, dual cassette player and recorder with MP3, VCD etc playback capabilities. Although it's pretty old, but still plays like new and the sound output is one of the best I've ever heard. And it's still my prize possession. Truly love how it plays the finer nuances of the track being played.
Thinking of getting a new one now for my place in Delhi. around 20k. Still need to zero on
mandhir.s.bajwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 08:04   #2167
BHPian
 
Fillmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 271
Thanked: 127 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Why not check the entry level Jamo's/Klipsch?
Checked out Heco Victa Prime 702 series.
I would say it sounds better than entry level Jamo's and Klipsch.

The 602 series are not that great.
Fillmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 12:01   #2168
BHPian
 
devilwearsprada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: GoonGaon
Posts: 439
Thanked: 667 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandhir.s.bajwa View Post
great thread, just saw it.
Well I have Philips FW-V 520 music system which is pretty old now, was a gift to me by my father around 11 years ago. It's a 2200 watt pmpo, dual cassette player and recorder with MP3, VCD etc playback capabilities. Although it's pretty old, but still plays like new and the sound output is one of the best I've ever heard. And it's still my prize possession. Truly love how it plays the finer nuances of the track being played.
Thinking of getting a new one now for my place in Delhi. around 20k. Still need to zero on
Stereo or HT? What do you prefer?
devilwearsprada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 20:22   #2169
BHPian
 
mandhir.s.bajwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 50
Thanked: 37 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

HT all the way. have always loved them. Used to like all those power houses back in the days, these days it's all sleek and thin in design. I love the mean look of the older HT's. But what I am looking for is something which can give me surround sound. speakers on all corners of the room and two upfront, which makes listening a true pleasure. Don't like that thump thump sound, I want the sound to be clear and crystal so that I can hear all the finer details of the music. And I don't mind extending the budget too.
mandhir.s.bajwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 18:41   #2170
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chennai/BLR
Posts: 86
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

hello all am planning on buying the "JBL Harman Kardan Soundsticks III", require your guys opinion. Purpose of use is listen to music and watch movies.
TwinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 07:50   #2171
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 493
Thanked: 114 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Yesterday there was a low voltage in my apartment which caused my amplifier to die. It doesnt turn on. Infact it was connected to a spike buster and there is no fuse blown in it. After some google, checked the fuse inside my amplifier and it hasnt blown out too.
Had to take it to the service center. Disappointed!! :(
Took the amplifier to the service center and the diagnosis was made. Transformer has gone. Got it replaced within warranty. Asked what is the purpose of the fuse. It is for over current protection only. And also recommended to turn the amplifier completely off when not in use. If the power button is alone turned off, its in standby mode, which heats up the transformer.
Big pain, I have to setup everything from scratch, the settings have been erased during this change.
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 08:53   #2172
BHPian
 
::CMS::'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 572
Thanked: 450 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandhir.s.bajwa View Post
HT all the way. have always loved them. Used to like all those power houses back in the days, these days it's all sleek and thin in design. I love the mean look of the older HT's. But what I am looking for is something which can give me surround sound. speakers on all corners of the room and two upfront, which makes listening a true pleasure. Don't like that thump thump sound, I want the sound to be clear and crystal so that I can hear all the finer details of the music. And I don't mind extending the budget too.
Dont expect the same sound quality as your stereo from the new HT for music. I would suggest keep the stereo for music and for 20K get any entry level HTIBs for movies from the usual suspects Onkyo/Yamaha/Denon, you wont be disappointed.
::CMS:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 09:44   #2173
Senior - BHPian
 
reignofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,197
Thanked: 1,131 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Checked out Heco Victa Prime 702 series.
I would say it sounds better than entry level Jamo's and Klipsch.

The 602 series are not that great.
Audio dynamics India is the dealer. Had heard them once - muddy uninvolving sound. If you are looking at entry level floorstanders, please check the q acoustics 2050i. It is fantastic for the price.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 10:14   #2174
BHPian
 
::CMS::'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 572
Thanked: 450 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Checked out Heco Victa Prime 702 series.
For the 35-40k budget there is no decent floorstander or worth the amount you pay. Instead I would suggest lookout for good Bookshelves, the SQ will be far better eg,
- Monitor Audio BR2 / Gold series
- Quad 11L /12L
- Epos M% (slightly out of budget)
- Kef iQ1 or Q300
- B&W 685
- Dynaudio Audience 42

It all depends on the amp which you are going to pair it with due to the sound signature of each component. So better choose the speakers first, then the amp

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 26th June 2014 at 10:33.
::CMS:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 10:31   #2175
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Does anyone own Heco speakers here ? Any feedback on the same ?

Also do let me know if there are any Heco dealers in Bangalore. Looking for a pair of tower speakers in the 35 - 40k range, that can double as a 5.1 + for Stereo mode as well.

Any other inputs from the audio gurus most welcome.
You can try Torvin speakers, they are fairly decent and you will be able to get these within the range you have mentioned. I have used the Phantom 9 floor standing speakers and they were pretty good.
http://www.torvin.com/speakers.html
aravindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me build a Simple Home Theater PC sandeepmdas Gadgets, Computers & Software 66 16th May 2013 23:30
USB Hard Disk to Home Theater autoenthusiast Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 20th August 2008 21:36
Home theater under $220 cooldude1988765 Gadgets, Computers & Software 4 9th November 2006 14:31
For SALE- Home Theater components nitinbhag Shifting gears 1 2nd August 2006 18:24
Home Theater - Amp/woofer for Car vivek.singh.73 In-Car Entertainment 6 25th September 2005 12:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks