Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 4th June 2010, 19:06   #1
BHPian

Default Any Mobile Intenet Devices in India?

There was a headline on many Indian websites and blogs about a mobile web browsing gadget named Datawind Pocketsurfer without a standalone OS, a device with a sim primarily based on AirTel India network. Sadly the technology did not create a market in our country because of maybe technological ignorance or factors I am not aware of.

Ipad, the multi dimensional handheld, best suitable gametoy, E-book reader and Internet browsing costs Rs 45,000 and upwards. I have searched for cloned technology like Ipad and I found MID devices ranging from 5 inches to 8 inches, though of China mainland origin. Aliexpress.com list toppers are QZD and Smartq which operate on Android OS 2.1 and also Windows CE os. Aliexpress is a very trustworthy online marketplace but I am not aware of custom duty procedures in India so had to keep the idea on standby.

Ebay.in hosts similar products in the range of Rs 10000 of Midfans brand. I wish to ask the tech gurus here if MID devices are available in metro cities of India?
dr.faramroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 19:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sunrise Distributors: Product :
carboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 14:20   #3
BHPian

Sunrise Distributors Kandivali stocks Pocketsurfer and UBsurfer, not other mobile internet devices.
dr.faramroze is offline   Reply With Quote