Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2015, 13:32   #21136
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 380 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Is there anyone still using Defy?
I am struggling to get an original battery online. Purchase two batteries in the last 3 months from ebay. Both turned out to be fake.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 13:44   #21137
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 1,083 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

The Lenovo A7000 Specs look very enticing.
This is another best seller in the making.

I am using a Lenovo A526 and must say that I am more than happy with it, my other phone being the Samsung "lag master" Grand.

With a 5.5" HD screen and Atmos Dolby,16GB Internal Memory, this Lenovo offering at Rs. 8999/- seems a mouth watering treat.
Any Bhapian registered for this?
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 15:58   #21138
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 1,083 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Is there anyone still using Defy?
I am struggling to get an original battery online. Purchase two batteries in the last 3 months from ebay. Both turned out to be fake.
Very difficult to get original Defy batteries.
Check with Motorola India Support.
Most of the online retailers sell fakes.

I ordered Blackberry Curve batteries through ebay and got conned.
Why not try the international website though I am not sure if the power calibration would be the same.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 16:02   #21139
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 694 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
The Lenovo A7000 Specs look very enticing.
This is another best seller in the making.

I am using a Lenovo A526 and must say that I am more than happy with it, my other phone being the Samsung "lag master" Grand.

With a 5.5" HD screen and Atmos Dolby,16GB Internal Memory, this Lenovo offering at Rs. 8999/- seems a mouth watering treat.
Any Bhapian registered for this?
Where is it available? Flash sales again? What processor does it come with?

Also, how come we've not had anyone buy the Micromax Yureka phone here? I am looking for reviews of this phone too.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 16:07   #21140
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 1,083 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Where is it available? Flash sales again? What processor does it come with?

Also, how come we've not had anyone buy the Micromax Yureka phone here? I am looking for reviews of this phone too.
Dear Naveen

It is available of Flipkart.
Refer to the below link:
http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-a7000

Processor:
MediaTek MT6752m 64-Bit 1.5GHz True8Core

Memory
2 GB RAM, 8 GB ROM
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 16:28   #21141
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 694 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Dear Naveen

It is available of Flipkart.
Refer to the below link:
http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-a7000

Processor:
MediaTek MT6752m 64-Bit 1.5GHz True8Core

Memory
2 GB RAM, 8 GB ROM
My bad, a simple search would have brought up the result. Thanks anyway.

I am always wary of the MediaTek processor. New ROMs are hard to come by for this processor.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 17:33   #21142
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 574
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Also, how come we've not had anyone buy the Micromax Yureka phone here? I am looking for reviews of this phone too.
I own Yureka phone since last 2 months. Experience has been good so far for my kind of usage. I use it for mails, surfing, calls, navigation and sometimes watching youtube. It works flawlessly. The phone is lightweight for its screensize. Also, just today CM12 based on Android Lollipop is released for Yureka.

Negatives, well, the charging is quite slow. Takes more than 2 hours for full charge from 15%.

I think its a good VFM phone.
shipnil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 17:41   #21143
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 694 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I own Yureka phone since last 2 months. Experience has been good so far for my kind of usage. I use it for mails, surfing, calls, navigation and sometimes watching youtube. It works flawlessly. The phone is lightweight for its screensize. Also, just today CM12 based on Android Lollipop is released for Yureka.

Negatives, well, the charging is quite slow. Takes more than 2 hours for full charge from 15%.

I think its a good VFM phone.
Many thanks for that. How is the battery life? How many hours are you getting from the phone?
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 19:38   #21144
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 574
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Many thanks for that. How is the battery life? How many hours are you getting from the phone?
For kind of usage, it lasts for more than one day. Mine is mostly surfing 2/3 hrs a day (screen on time), 20 to 30 mins of call max.
shipnil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 20:04   #21145
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,659
Thanked: 3,779 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I am yet to charge the phone since 19th morning. And I did have heavy usage yesterday including a hour+ long call. I am thrilled to see the massive stride android phones have done in battery life in the past 2 years I was away from it. My phone may be an extreme case, but I didn't really expect an android phone to outdo Windows Phone in battery life.

This is after 50 hours of usage.

Attachment 1362985
Thats amazing. I just charged the phone to 100% in the late afternoon, and this is all what I have now!

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-11158831_10152861490727825_1098307916_o.jpg
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 20:18   #21146
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,348
Thanked: 14,177 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thats amazing. I just charged the phone to 100% in the late afternoon, and this is all what I have now!
After 58h I am at 25%, and it says it can last another 20h at current usage pattern.

Which is your phone?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 20:29   #21147
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,659
Thanked: 3,779 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
After 58h I am at 25%, and it says it can last another 20h at current usage pattern.

Which is your phone?
Which means, it will easily clear atleast 2.5 days

Mine is LG G3. It got a brilliant screen but takes 40-60% of the battery :(
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 20:39   #21148
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,348
Thanked: 14,177 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Mine is LG G3. It got a brilliant screen but takes 40-60% of the battery :(
Yeah, that is it. Your screen used 41%, while mine says screen usage 2%, it is at the very bottom of battery usage list.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 20:53   #21149
BHPian
 
SchumiFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 857
Thanked: 701 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This is after 50 hours of usage.
May I know if you used 3G service during those couple of days? The screen might pull life off the battery but the 3G connection is the main culprit here.

When I am on Wifi only during the weekends, the Nexus 5 holds charge for two days at a stretch.
SchumiFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 21:25   #21150
BHPian
 
OHCVtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 69
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Is there anyone still using Defy?
I am struggling to get an original battery online. Purchase two batteries in the last 3 months from ebay. Both turned out to be fake.
I got an original one around an year back from the Motorola dealer here. Have passed on the phone though.
OHCVtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al) vcash Gadgets, Computers & Software 1660 7th August 2017 16:25
BMW iDrive, Connected Drive & BMW Apps - Review & FAQ Thread! karan561 In-Car Entertainment 27 11th May 2017 00:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks