Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2016, 10:15   #22891
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,042
Thanked: 3,586 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

@skumare; Looks like the malware system is getting stuck on some installed app. Two tricks - one disable apps one by one and try to find the rogue. Second option reinstall the scanner.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 10:30   #22892
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,778
Thanked: 1,301 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

This Freedom 251 phone has caused a massive disruption in my office, at least. Every tom, dick & harry placed an order. People are making fun of me for spending so much on the S6 Edge, which is understandable considering the sudden euphoria.

However, if the phone really makes to the mass market, it will seriously disrupt not only the Indian market, but even the international markets will have to sit up and take notice.

But I still cannot believe that anyone can manufacture and sell a smartphone at 251 /- INR.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 10:57   #22893
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,044
Thanked: 3,175 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
This Freedom 251 phone has caused a massive disruption in my office, at least. Every tom, dick & harry placed an order. People are making fun of me for spending so much on the S6 Edge, which is understandable considering the sudden euphoria.

However, if the phone really makes to the mass market, it will seriously disrupt not only the Indian market, but even the international markets will have to sit up and take notice.

But I still cannot believe that anyone can manufacture and sell a smartphone at 251 /- INR.
This is in all probability, a massive scam.
Or an over reach by the boys. Either way, I think you'll be better off than your colleagues, who will probably be using smoke signals to respond to your SMS.

And even if it does work out, the specs are the bare minimum, something that I bought almost 2 years ago. SO you can also expect them to be waiting for your SMS to open on their phone the next day.

Their office is about 300 metres from mine, and I walked by thrice before I realized that this is the "heart of the revolution", supposedly. I would have expected some crowd, signs, something. They don't even have the company name, forget about people.
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 12:35   #22894
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 356
Thanked: 648 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
This is in all probability, a massive scam. .
It sure looks like a scam to me too.
What puts me in doubt of why no immediate deliveries? Why deliver after 4 months.?
Many people will order in bulk too for the purpose of reselling.
I read in newspaper that they had 6lakhs hits on their website within a second of commencement of booking.

Considering a conservative figure of 20 lakh bookings, Ringing Bells is gonna have a 50.2 crore Rupees into their bank account within 2-3 days.

I also heard that there'll be another round of booking too at a later day.

Now, the question is, what they'll do out of this 50 crores. They'll invest it somewhere, definitely.
Or worse, may simply run away with it.

But if they won't run away, I have a feeling they'll fulfill some percentage of orders too and for the rest, they'll offer refunds to the customers or may simply push away the delivery date further and further.

Hope sanity prevails over people and they stop pre ordering it.

But at the end of the day, a nice way of doing business!!

Last edited by Sherlocked : 19th February 2016 at 12:46. Reason: Typo
Sherlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 15:55   #22895
BHPian
 
pixantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 499
Thanked: 559 Times
Default

Have a kind of confusion and would like inputs and suggestions as to how to proceed. I have zeroed in on the two phones Lenovo Vibe P1 Turbo and Redmi Note 3 as the phones with the right specs I would like in my mobile phone. Specs on both are more or less the same except for subtle yet important specs as differences. That makes it hard to decide on one.

Pros on Lenovo in comparision are: Bigger battery, Gorilla GLASS, dedicated mmc slot.
Cons: weaker processor, poor aesthtics/looks.

Pros on Redmi: Great looks(biggest attraction) , bigger processor, bigger gpu.
Cons: Absence of Gorilla glass protection, shared slot for sim2 and mmc(biggest dealbreaker), bland looking back cover, smaller battery(can be lived with).

Now this is quite jumbling to choose from. If I think better pracricality and utility then the Lenovo makes sense, if I think with practical stance. But the looks of the Redmi has me floored and its not that bad a phone if I decide to live with a limited 32 gigs.
Something like choosing between a nice wife or a beautiful mistress.
Ideas anyone?

Last edited by pixantz : 19th February 2016 at 16:00.
pixantz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 16:48   #22896
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hosur
Posts: 380
Thanked: 287 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Have a kind of confusion and would like inputs and suggestions as to how to proceed. I have zeroed in on the two phones Lenovo Vibe P1 Turbo and Redmi Note 3 as the phones with the right specs I would like in my mobile phone. Specs on both are more or less the same except for subtle yet important specs as differences. That makes it hard to decide on one.

Pros on Lenovo in comparision are: Bigger battery, Gorilla GLASS, dedicated mmc slot.
Cons: weaker processor, poor aesthtics/looks.

Pros on Redmi: Great looks(biggest attraction) , bigger processor, bigger gpu.
Cons: Absence of Gorilla glass protection, shared slot for sim2 and mmc(biggest dealbreaker), bland looking back cover, smaller battery(can be lived with).

Now this is quite jumbling to choose from. If I think better pracricality and utility then the Lenovo makes sense, if I think with practical stance. But the looks of the Redmi has me floored and its not that bad a phone if I decide to live with a limited 32 gigs.
Something like choosing between a nice wife or a beautiful mistress.
Ideas anyone?
Please avoid Redmi note 3. Amazon and MI forums are mostly negative. Heating and battery drain issues are present.
sairamboko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 17:11   #22897
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,581
Thanked: 3,242 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Please avoid Redmi note 3. Amazon and MI forums are mostly negative. Heating and battery drain issues are present.
6xx series is generally heat-prone. Is it worse than the others?

Please share links to specific reviews.
phamilyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 18:08   #22898
BHPian
 
pixantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 499
Thanked: 559 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Please avoid Redmi note 3. Amazon and MI forums are mostly negative. Heating and battery drain issues are present.

Thanx sairamboko for your input. I'll keep that in mind.
pixantz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 20:59   #22899
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 2,100
Thanked: 1,142 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Replaced my iPhone 6+ screen using iService for 16k yesterday. Very happy with overall service plus bloody Apple apologised for Error 53 too!
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 21:14   #22900
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hosur
Posts: 380
Thanked: 287 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
6xx series is generally heat-prone. Is it worse than the others?

Please share links to specific reviews.






Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Thanx sairamboko for your input. I'll keep that in mind.
Sorry guys. I got it confused with redmi note prime.
sairamboko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 21:47   #22901
BHPian
 
sandsun7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 755
Thanked: 567 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Looks like you could order 'half a phone' on freedom251 site

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-half-phone.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/redditindia/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 23:09   #22902
BHPian
 
petrolhead_neel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Burdwan
Posts: 604
Thanked: 938 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Looks like you could order 'half a phone' on freedom251 site

Attachment 1478190

Source: https://twitter.com/redditindia/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
This made my day.

Shared it on Facebook. Hope you don't mind.

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2016, 18:26   #22903
BHPian
 
bbhavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cochin
Posts: 171
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Got the Galaxy S6 last week. I am some how disappointed with the battery performance. It is draining too fast even with out any 3G/4G connection or wifi. If left unused, it will last max. 12 Hrs. The android OS is taking 80% of battery life.
I am thinking about taking this to the samsung service centre. All other functions are top class.
bbhavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2016, 18:59   #22904
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hosur
Posts: 380
Thanked: 287 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Got the Moto X play 2 days back. Thanks to bhpians for your feedback. Its really VFM device and the Marshmallow update makes it perfect
sairamboko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2016, 19:58   #22905
BHPian
 
VishnuNarayanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 117
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
Got the Galaxy S6 last week. I am some how disappointed with the battery performance. It is draining too fast even with out any 3G/4G connection or wifi. If left unused, it will last max. 12 Hrs. The android OS is taking 80% of battery life.
I am thinking about taking this to the samsung service centre. All other functions are top class.
Yeah..I have been using an S6 for the last 4 months. The battery drains out fast but I think its okay with the fast charging.
VishnuNarayanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al) vcash Gadgets, Computers & Software 1660 7th August 2017 16:25
BMW iDrive, Connected Drive & BMW Apps - Review & FAQ Thread! karan561 In-Car Entertainment 27 11th May 2017 00:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks