Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 21:43   #2401
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 506
Thanked: 52 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Thanks so much for the swift response. Hope I get the same specs on the Indian version too. I presume your purchase from Vietnam was done in a private channel... as in not from a online Shopping site which is open to the public in general. Eh... ?
Ha ha .. no, This is bought from Univercell in bangalore with 1 year warranty and 1 year insurance. This is the Indian version as samsung does not manufacture SGS in India.
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 22:26   #2402
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 1,013 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
This is bought from Univercell in bangalore.....
Oh! My bad... sorry for not understanding your post properly. Just because you din't mention the price and you said its imported from Vietnam, I thought you might have asked your friends or somebody to get it from there.

Sorry for bugging you again. Univercell in Chennai does not stock them and is reluctant to provide any inputs on the price. If you could tip me off on the price you were charged for that device i would be glad

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 22nd March 2011 at 22:31.
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:08   #2403
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 506
Thanked: 52 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Oh! My bad... sorry for not understanding your post properly. Just because you din't mention the price and you said its imported from Vietnam, I thought you might have asked your friends or somebody to get it from there.

Sorry for bugging you again. Univercell in Chennai does not stock them and is reluctant to provide any inputs on the price. If you could tip me off on the price you were charged for that device i would be glad
Quote:

Finally bought Samsung Galaxy S for 25451 from univercell today.
Paid 762 for the insurance and 299 for the car charger.
As per the shop keeper SGS comes in limited edition and right now BLR has just 12 sets throughout, not sure if it is true.
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:36   #2404
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,663
Thanked: 291 Times
Default Re: Android applications

^^Guys, searched the Android market and found an app for Image resizing. It's called "Reduce your photo" by Shoozhoo. It's just a 486kb siez app. Free but it's run ad at the top. Not an issue and it does it work.
here's the link.
https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Also installed Google My tracks.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 10:04   #2405
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,147
Thanked: 80 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
As per the shop keeper SGS comes in limited edition and right now BLR has just 12 sets throughout, not sure if it is true.
BS. SGS is available widely across BLR IMO. My phone chap had a few boxes lying with him last evening.
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:13   #2406
BHPian
 
chetans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 225
Thanked: 69 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

planning to buy lg optimus p500 over weekend, in pune.
Maybe the prices have come down to 10-10.5k.
Where can i get the best deal in pune?
would i need to buy additional memory card?
chetans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:25   #2407
BHPian
 
ritayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Back in Delhi
Posts: 226
Thanked: 27 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
planning to buy lg optimus p500 over weekend, in pune.
Maybe the prices have come down to 10-10.5k.
Where can i get the best deal in pune?
would i need to buy additional memory card?
Chetans where are you located, there are a few shops on solapur road towards Hadapsar below the flyover who are excelent pricing if you are this part of town.
ritayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 13:12   #2408
BHPian
 
chetans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 225
Thanked: 69 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Chetans where are you located, there are a few shops on solapur road towards Hadapsar below the flyover who are excelent pricing if you are this part of town.
I do stay near magarpatta. so this is very good to hear.
any exact pointers?
chetans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:42   #2409
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 517
Thanked: 97 Times
Unhappy Re: LG O1.

Is there a way to remove the pre-installed applications on LG O1? Please advice.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:28   #2410
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Samsung Google Nexus S

Nexus S is now available in Flip Kart for 27999.

Samsung Google Nexus S: Full Phone Specifications, Price, Reviews
pgginish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 19:32   #2411
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 1,013 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
As per the shop keeper SGS comes in limited edition and right now BLR has just 12 sets throughout, not sure if it is true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
BS. SGS is available widely across BLR IMO. My phone chap had a few boxes lying with him last evening.
Thanks for the input guys! Will check the stores in Chennai this weekend.
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 23:17   #2412
BHPian
 
ritayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Back in Delhi
Posts: 226
Thanked: 27 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
I do stay near magarpatta. so this is very good to hear.
any exact pointers?
Coming from Magarpatta turn left at the flyover (under construction) after Nobel. Go below the Hadapsar Sabzi Mandi flyover and after the 2nd red light look out for stores on your left. There are about 5~6 big ones. The last one near the next red light is a LG authorized. Give a try shop around, should be able to pick it up for sub 11k

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is there a way to remove the pre-installed applications on LG O1? Please advice.
No not unless you root it.
ritayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 00:47   #2413
BHPian
 
jatinpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 610
Thanked: 191 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Any reviews for Samsung Gio S5660? and is it launched and for what price?

i am thinking to sell of my Galaxy 3 and got for above
as it has better processor and is 2.2

and how much should i expect for my galaxy 3 ? 2months old scratchless with warranty and unused earphones and full box packing there?
jatinpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 01:37   #2414
Senior - BHPian
 
Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Poona
Posts: 1,832
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: LG O1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is there a way to remove the pre-installed applications on LG O1? Please advice.
If you are getting irritated by wretched apps like Bollywoodji and you don't want to/can't root and if you don't reboot often, then you can simply force close the apps. If you reboot often, then it can be irritating, as you will have to keep force closing the apps everytime. But this is the only other way of retaining your sanity form those wretched apps that LG has unleashed on its customers.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 09:41   #2415
BHPian
 
sbkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 82 Times
Default Re: LG O1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
If you are getting irritated by wretched apps like Bollywoodji and you don't want to/can't root and if you don't reboot often, then you can simply force close the apps. If you reboot often, then it can be irritating, as you will have to keep force closing the apps everytime. But this is the only other way of retaining your sanity form those wretched apps that LG has unleashed on its customers.
I wonder if it is legally valid for the phone manufacturers to make such restrictions. When I buy a piece, shouldn't I get complete control of the device h/w and s/w? It' not like I am not under any contract with them.

Yes, I follow the same method and force close the apps after reboot + use advanced task killer and set it up to kill processes every 30 mins + installed mini taskbar widget on my home screen and kill apps using one touch whenever I'm angry
sbkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al) vcash Gadgets, Computers & Software 1660 7th August 2017 16:25
BMW iDrive, Connected Drive & BMW Apps - Review & FAQ Thread! karan561 In-Car Entertainment 27 11th May 2017 00:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks