Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:42   #4426
BHPian
 
dvprasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: chennai
Posts: 30
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Yes, new defy are preinstalled with froyo 2.2.2.

Was scouting around for screen guard, pouch, silicone back cover in shops in my locality.

Screen guard were available but were priced around 300rs which was exorbitant for quality provided, I was not able to find a single shop selling pouches or silicone back cover for defy.

Surprised, since defy seem to be selling well or is it that only teambhpians are buying defy.

Will take mrmohit17's advice and order online from here:

AMZER® - Motorola DEFY MB525 Accessories

They seem to have promotion codes for discount, which are sent to us on facebok if we like amzer india on face book.

Have done that, but yet to receive any code, does anyone know these codes, similar to letsbuy (icicilb,rcomlb)

Last edited by dvprasad : 3rd July 2011 at 20:10.
dvprasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:09   #4427
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 3,785
Thanked: 892 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey on GS2 if someone sends me a text which has a number and i wanna add that number to my contacts, is there anyway to do it? I cant seem to find any option for doing the same. My nokia used to have an option of " USE DETAIL" which allowed me to use any number in a received text.
I use LG P500 which runs on Anroid 2.2. I'm able to add the number in the text message to my contacts by following the below steps :

1) Open the text message.

Name:  Fullscreen capture 732011 80116 PM.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  22.7 KB

2) Press and hold anywhere in the message.

Name:  Fullscreen capture 732011 80122 PM.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  23.7 KB

3) A pop-up menu appears. Select 'Add number to contacts' option. Done!

Name:  Fullscreen capture 732011 80127 PM.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  29.3 KB

Always happy to help!

Last edited by Klub Class : 3rd July 2011 at 20:17. Reason: My mobile number was visible in one of images!
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:27   #4428
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LAX-SNA-BFL-BLR
Posts: 319
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvprasad View Post
Yes, new defy are preinstalled with froyo 2.2.2.

Was scouting around for screen guard, pouch, silicone back cover in shops in my locality.

Screen guard were available but were priced around 300rs which was exorbitant for quality provided, I was not able to find a single shop selling pouches or silicone back cover for defy.

Surprised, since defy seem to be selling well or is it that only teambhpians are buying defy.

Will take mrmohit17's advice and order online from here:

AMZER® - Motorola DEFY MB525 Accessories

They seem to have promotion codes for discount, which are sent to us on facebok if we like amzer india on face book.

Have done that, but yet to receive any code, does anyone know these codes, similar to letsbuy (icicilb,rcomlb)
oh good, so i dont have to worry about flashing froyo onto there. Now i just need to find a good shop in bangalore that carries the Defy. Croma is a bit expensive sadly.
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:38   #4429
BHPian
 
dvprasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: chennai
Posts: 30
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Try from letsbuy, i bought my defy online there for 14399rs, with a jabra Bluetooth head set thrown in,delivered in 3 days.

I had never seen defy in person & was expecting it to be large, but defy seems small in person & there are times when i wonder 4.1 inch of spice mi410 would have been better.
dvprasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:49   #4430
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Needed some help. I am using the SGS2 which comes with firmware : PDA:KE8, SAMSUNG has released a new firmware PDA: KF3. I tried installing the upgrade but everytime I try to continue after taking the backup through Kies, the phone disconnects and Kies gets hanged.

Any idea on how to go about upgrading the firmware ? Anyone tried it ?
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:50   #4431
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,600
Thanked: 402 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quadrant score from my Desire running CM7, CPU@1113Mhz, CPU Governor set at 'performance'. The 3D animation test of 2 globes rotating had an awesome frame rate of ~50 whereas Nexus S running stock Gingerbread shows only around 20 for the same test! (Nexus S beats this score though - 1400)

Name:  snap20110703_210318.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  102.4 KB
This is the max I managed to get. Not bad eh?

My brother got 1384, running the same ROM on the same device.

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd July 2011 at 21:07.
clevermax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:43   #4432
BHPian
 
madbullram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chennai & Appleton, WI
Posts: 513
Thanked: 75 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Have Q for all Android users. I have synced the contacts from my Outlook to gmail and then synced it to my Moto Defy.

Now, the thing is, all my contacts are stored in offline PST file. Whenever I add a contact, its added to my offline PST contact. In Nokia, we had the pcsuite which synched my offline PST contacts with my Nokia contacts and they were always in synch.

Is there anyway I can synch contacts in my offline pst with my Defy instead of the gmail route (which is a big pain!)

Update letsbuy:
1. Got the phone in flat 3 days, great service though the website says under processing lol
2. The verbatim microsd card was mildly bent and defy is not recognizing it. Called them and reported it, they said they will revert back 48 hrs, i hope they replace it!

Last edited by madbullram : 3rd July 2011 at 21:45.
madbullram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:45   #4433
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,600
Thanked: 402 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Have Q for all Android users. I have synced the contacts from my Outlook to gmail and then synced it to my Moto Defy.

Now, the thing is, all my contacts are stored in offline PST file. Whenever I add a contact, its added to my offline PST contact. In Nokia, we had the pcsuite which synched my offline PST contacts with my Nokia contacts and they were always in synch.

Is there anyway I can synch contacts in my offline pst with my Defy instead of the gmail route (which is a big pain!)
Yes, you can use MyphoneExplorer for that. You need to install that app in PC and also a client app for that in your phone.
clevermax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:51   #4434
BHPian
 
madbullram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chennai & Appleton, WI
Posts: 513
Thanked: 75 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Yes, you can use MyphoneExplorer for that. You need to install that app in PC and also a client app for that in your phone.
Great. Another Q if you can help , the home screen is already clutter with too many apps, is there a way I can add a folder and move various apps, games etc into respective folder so when I access the home screen I dont have to scroll so ten times!
madbullram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:54   #4435
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,600
Thanked: 402 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Great. Another Q if you can help , the home screen is already clutter with too many apps, is there a way I can add a folder and move various apps, games etc into respective folder so when I access the home screen I dont have to scroll so ten times!
Yes, you can create folders in certain launchers, like the Go Launcher Ex for example. This launcher is by far the best launcher I have come across. Super smooth scrolling, various animations, features and all that for free. Give it a try.

Hope this is what you are looking for:
Name:  xmntxsdcardxShootMexsnap20110703_215733.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  148.6 KB

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd July 2011 at 22:00.
clevermax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:58   #4436
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 60
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Is the Motorola Droid Pro available in India ? If yes, how much does it cost ?
aalokg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:16   #4437
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,025 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Just now purchased India's 1st EVO 3D - Sprint EVO 3D

will be first phone in India on cdma
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:35   #4438
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 71 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Just now purchased India's 1st EVO 3D - Sprint EVO 3D

will be first phone in India on cdma
Waiting for the GSM version, which has both HSDPA+WIMAX..!!!
Only 3.1Mbps for EVDO, doubtful if the WiMax module can be enabled by providers in India.
xotiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 23:37   #4439
Newbie
 
rajanmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Thane
Posts: 2
Thanked: 10 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Waiting for the GSM version, which has both HSDPA+WIMAX..!!!
Only 3.1Mbps for EVDO, doubtful if the WiMax module can be enabled by providers in India.
Wimax module won't work in India but the GSM version is releasing in July in UK on Vodafone. So can expect it within a month thereafter in India.
rajanmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 23:42   #4440
BHPian
 
karty_83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 398
Thanked: 165 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Which one would be a better buy as on today ? Dell xcd35 or LG optimus p500. Any other model i need to consider in this price range ?
karty_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al) vcash Gadgets, Computers & Software 1660 7th August 2017 16:25
BMW iDrive, Connected Drive & BMW Apps - Review & FAQ Thread! karan561 In-Car Entertainment 27 11th May 2017 00:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:14.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks