Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 17:30   #4996
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,894
Thanked: 3,753 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
dkaile, would you please provide me the GPRS settings for BSNL connection? I use LG Optimus One P500

PS: I had interacted with the BSNL customer multiple times. They states that GPRS settings are not available for my phone.
see which one works for you... bsnlnet seems best bet

-bsnllive
Apn: bsnllive
Homepage: http://bsnllive
Proxy address: 10.220.67.131
Port: 8080

-bsnlnet
Apn: bsnlnet
Homepage: www.bsnl.co.in
Proxy address: None
Port: 0

-bsnlportal
Apn: bsnlportal
Homepage: wap.cellone.in
Proxy address: 10.220.67.131
Port: 8080

-bsnlstream
Apn: bsnlstream
Homepage: None
Proxy address: None
Port: 0

also try
APN is celloneportal
server ip 192.168.051.163

bsnl has different settings for each state;

Last edited by dkaile : 21st July 2011 at 17:35.
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 17:40   #4997
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Click BUY NOW
In the enter coupon code, type RCOMLB1
Click Apply Coupon
You will get 1k discount or type ICICILB for 1.2k
Click Pay Now
and enjoy life.
One more coupon code for Rs.1000/- HSBCLB
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 18:01   #4998
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 3,563
Thanked: 753 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
see which one works for you... bsnlnet seems best bet
Thanks. But, I've few queries which needs to be answered.

1) I don't see any option to enter the homepage URL
2) Should I leave the other the options blank?

Please see the attached images.

Name:  Fullscreen capture 7212011 55543 PM.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  13.7 KB

Name:  Fullscreen capture 7212011 55546 PM.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  28.5 KB

Name:  Fullscreen capture 7212011 55549 PM.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  32.3 KB

Name:  Fullscreen capture 7212011 55617 PM.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  31.4 KB

Last edited by Klub Class : 21st July 2011 at 18:03.
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 18:06   #4999
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,894
Thanked: 3,753 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Thanks. But, I've few queries which needs to be answered.
1) I don't see any option to enter the homepage URL
2) Should I leave the other the options blank?
You can leave out homepage and other fields blank. I havn't tried bsnl apn's personally; hit and trial method needs to be adopted or some other member on bsnl can advice better.
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 18:13   #5000
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 3,563
Thanked: 753 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
hit and trial method needs to be adopted...
I got it working in the first try itself. I used the bsnllive settings.
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 19:22   #5001
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,297
Thanked: 414 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Are there any possibilities of 2.3 upgrade on Galaxy SL...I've finally decided on this phone or should I get the LG Optimus Black...I'm not really too keen on LG and many reviews claim that the phone is a bit laggy

think twice, this phone is not popular with rom cookers and has limited after market support, where as the SGS i9000 has a lot of them. please check the hardware variations as well. it is not just the screen which is different, there are other hardwares as well that have been changed.
govigov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 19:37   #5002
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 696
Thanked: 84 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
After you click buy, you have to type the code in the text box and apply it.

You can use the Code ICICILB for Rs 1200 discount or if someone can share the coupons you can use it. I have exhausted all the 10 coupons that I had

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Please refer to the below images and see if it solves your doubts.

First you HIT the BUY NOW button and a pop up appears and there you enter the code "icicilb" and hit "Apply Coupon Code" and you shall see the price on your right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Click BUY NOW
In the enter coupon code, type RCOMLB1
Click Apply Coupon
You will get 1k discount or type ICICILB for 1.2k
Click Pay Now
and enjoy life.
Thanks guys. That's exactly what I did. However for some reason on my Netbook the shopping cart window appears only 3/4 and I cant scroll to the bottom to enter the code. I'll try from another PC.

BTW the Desire is out of stock even on Saholic. Now the Nexus S seems to be my best bet. Unless someone know any other place I can get it for a similar price.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 20:17   #5003
BHPian
 
Zenster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 334
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Just a Quick update. I fitted the SGS2 dock kit in the car today. There is no vibration or jerky movement of the phone in the Dock. Also the issue reported earlier of the voice prompt asking for commands when the car was in motion didn't happen, it got activated only when i say "Hi Galaxy"...

2 issues or questions that i need you feedback on

1. Why does the SGS2 voice command (I guess thats Google Voice thingy) need a data connection. I mean why for voice calls or sms?

2. If the SGS2 is in the dock and i need to take/make a call, I was forced to use the speaker of the phone (which was not too loud when mounted on the windshield away from me). I tried plugging in the AUX cable (From the stock Punto Blaupunkt HU) but the "Voice" was not passed to the car speakers (as it happened in the nokia's). Only other option I see is to use a Bluetooth Headset or get a better HU for integration. Can anyone suggest anything better?

Looking forward to your replies.
Sorry for re-posting. Please help me with this guys.

Guess now I too realize the need of a separate thread for SGS2
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 20:30   #5004
BHPian
 
indian21r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 731
Thanked: 262 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
think twice, this phone is not popular with rom cookers and has limited after market support, where as the SGS i9000 has a lot of them. please check the hardware variations as well. it is not just the screen which is different, there are other hardwares as well that have been changed.
@speedfreak, do check the hardware specifications in detail. While I was in the market I also considered it as a possibility but realized that it is not just the screen but some hardware changes as well and less dev support.

Instead of that, Nexus S felt a better bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Thanks guys. That's exactly what I did. However for some reason on my Netbook the shopping cart window appears only 3/4 and I cant scroll to the bottom to enter the code. I'll try from another PC.

BTW the Desire is out of stock even on Saholic. Now the Nexus S seems to be my best bet. Unless someone know any other place I can get it for a similar price.
Try a different browser as well. Nexus S is a good buy even if you are not that keen on changing roms etc. The stock Nexus itself is pretty good.

Also the battery easily lasts more than 8 hours of ultra heavy duty use. For moderate use it lasts 20-24hrs and basic usage more than day. and 16 gigs make it a sweet deal.

Plus if you can get someone to share you a 10% coupon, it will cost 18K which is steal considering that it was launched at 30k 4 months back
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 21:22   #5005
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 696
Thanked: 84 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Try a different browser as well. Nexus S is a good buy even if you are not that keen on changing roms etc. The stock Nexus itself is pretty good.

Also the battery easily lasts more than 8 hours of ultra heavy duty use. For moderate use it lasts 20-24hrs and basic usage more than day. and 16 gigs make it a sweet deal.

Plus if you can get someone to share you a 10% coupon, it will cost 18K which is steal considering that it was launched at 30k 4 months back
At 18K it is a steal. Anyone with a spare 10% coupon? BTW is there an option to add a FM radio app?
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 21:25   #5006
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,731
Thanked: 15,786 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Sorry for re-posting. Please help me with this guys.

Guess now I too realize the need of a separate thread for SGS2
I feel bluetooth headset will be the best option, and it would serve for other uses as well!

Upgraded my SGS2 to the leaked version of 2.3.4 today. Only minor changes noticed as of now. Now comments on the battery backup since i was continously playing Asphalt HD after installed 2.3.4.

Name:  284844_234680436562962_100000630235146_826170_5931077_n.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  46.0 KB
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 21:49   #5007
BHPian
 
indian21r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 731
Thanked: 262 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
At 18K it is a steal. Anyone with a spare 10% coupon? BTW is there an option to add a FM radio app?
no but if you have data streaming available then you can listen to online radio stations
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 21:52   #5008
BHPian
 
speedfreak01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 94
Thanked: Once
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
@speedfreak, do check the hardware specifications in detail. While I was in the market I also considered it as a possibility but realized that it is not just the screen but some hardware changes as well and less dev support.

Instead of that, Nexus S felt a better bet.
I dont like the way Nexus S looks and feels...should I increase my budget a bit and go for HTC Desire S..?
speedfreak01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 21:59   #5009
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 696
Thanked: 84 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
I dont like the way Nexus S looks and feels...should I increase my budget a bit and go for HTC Desire S..?
Me too. But I don't think the Desire S is worth it. Better increase further and go for the HTC Sensation or Samsung Galaxy S2. I don't want to go that much over budget so I'll stick with the Nexus S.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 22:25   #5010
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 642 Times
Default re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
think twice, this phone is not popular with rom cookers and has limited after market support, where as the SGS i9000 has a lot of them. please check the hardware variations as well. it is not just the screen which is different, there are other hardwares as well that have been changed.
There are Dev Gingerbread roms available from Samfirmware for i9003.
The dev community is slowly picking up. CWM Recovery has been developed for i9003, custom roms should now follow the suit.
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al) vcash Gadgets, Computers & Software 1660 7th August 2017 16:25
BMW iDrive, Connected Drive & BMW Apps - Review & FAQ Thread! karan561 In-Car Entertainment 27 11th May 2017 00:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks