Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2011, 14:09   #5521
BHPian
 
athul_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore/Calic
Posts: 26
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

What are the differences between Defy and Defy+ except the gingerbread update?
athul_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 14:10   #5522
BHPian
 
ghpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 869
Thanked: 192 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Could you stress more on the above part. Do you mean, one can use a coupon only once per product or once per account and not for subsequent purchases ?
Whats the hsbc code ?
One account can use one coupon only once, be it one product, be it multiple product on single checkout. that coupon will not let you checkout again if you used it already.

hsbclb gets you 10% off
letsbuy15 gets you 15% off (haven't used yet)
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 14:11   #5523
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,081
Thanked: 3,328 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
That's ok... what about contacts, Calender, phone and external memory?
External memory?
i s'pose, drag and drop on USB mode.
Contacts/calender, i used to use outlook for WM6.5, now i use google.
havent looked fr this in titanium, so i dont know if it exists.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 14:47   #5524
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 378 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Could you stress more on the above part. Do you mean, one can use a coupon only once per product or once per account and not for subsequent purchases ?
Whats the hsbc code ?
A coupon can be used only once per account/ login ID.
If you want COD, then I don't know which coupon would work, since icici and rcom coupons did not work for me (they get applied, but when you go to next page, there is an error somewhere saying that COD is not available for this type of coupon or something similar).
The HSBC coupon is for HSBC card holders only.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 14:52   #5525
BHPian
 
ghpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 869
Thanked: 192 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
The HSBC coupon is for HSBC card holders only.
HSBC coupon works for credit card payments too, not compulsorily HSBC Issued.
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 22:29   #5526
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys, anybody got any Indian language working on ANdroid? At least, in read more?

Any low down technicals will be appreciated.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 22:36   #5527
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,573
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Guys, anybody got any Indian language working on ANdroid? At least, in read more?

Any low down technicals will be appreciated.
Yes & No, I had newshunt app installed with which I could read news in Malayalam. I guess Android still cannot display Indic fonts natively though.

Last edited by clevermax : 17th August 2011 at 22:38.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 00:01   #5528
BHPian
 
twinblades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 128
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Check this phone out. Wonder whether we will see it for the same price here in India.
Xiaomi Phone with MIUI OS: a $310 Android with 1.5GHz dual-core SoC and other surprises -- Engadget
twinblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 07:41   #5529
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
Check this phone out. Wonder whether we will see it for the same price here in India.
Xiaomi Phone with MIUI OS: a $310 Android with 1.5GHz dual-core SoC and other surprises -- Engadget
Impressive hardware, plus it uses the MIUI Android ROM which gets updated every week. Though I'd be wary entering too many confidential details (username/passwords to secure important sites) via a chinese ROM.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 11:50   #5530
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Impressive hardware, plus it uses the MIUI Android ROM which gets updated every week. Though I'd be wary entering too many confidential details (username/passwords to secure important sites) via a chinese ROM.
You can always have another ROM. Or go through the sources. Or go to Android source. and home brew.

That is why I insist it is Free as in Freedom, and not free beer.

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th August 2011 at 01:45. Reason: Splitting post across threads as per quoted posts, Thanks
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 21:06   #5531
BHPian
 
_chikku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Puttur - B'lore
Posts: 196
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Anyone knows where to enter Message centre number in 2.3?
I'm unable to send messages and BSNL CC asked me to check the number.
_chikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 21:34   #5532
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Anyone knows where to enter Message centre number in 2.3?
I'm unable to send messages and BSNL CC asked me to check the number.

Do you have messaging icon on the home screen? Open it. Hit menu key. Select settings. "Message center" is the 7th item, or so.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 23:49   #5533
BHPian
 
karty_83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 398
Thanked: 165 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
One account can use one coupon only once, be it one product, be it multiple product on single checkout. that coupon will not let you checkout again if you used it already.

hsbclb gets you 10% off
letsbuy15 gets you 15% off (haven't used yet)
Interesting. I got a mail from them and they said, being an icici customer i can use icicilb code more than once.
karty_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 00:20   #5534
BHPian
 
_chikku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Puttur - B'lore
Posts: 196
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR

Do you have messaging icon on the home screen? Open it. Hit menu key. Select settings. "Message center" is the 7th item, or so.
Yes I do have it on home screen. But there is no message centre option.
_chikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 08:59   #5535
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 142 Times
Default An update on battery life

I fully charged the phone daybefore (17th) evening, around 4.30 PM. Yesterday and day before night, I switched off GPRS. (GPRS on only during day time). Now, it is still showing 39% battery balance. Around 20 phone calls since last recharge. about 1.5 hours browsing (using apps - not the browser).

39% remaining after this much?? Yay!!!!

CPUtuner and battery calibrator are the apps I use. (Set CPU is paid, and I am not confident yet with having to pay - still need to learn few things).

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Yes I do have it on home screen. But there is no message centre option.
???!!!!!

Do you receive messages? Can you find the "settings" button with the list of messages open??
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al) vcash Gadgets, Computers & Software 1660 7th August 2017 16:25
BMW iDrive, Connected Drive & BMW Apps - Review & FAQ Thread! karan561 In-Car Entertainment 27 11th May 2017 00:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks