Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2011, 07:20   #5731
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,076
Thanked: 3,309 Times
Default Re: mik 6.5.7 ROM on LG P500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Yeah, did the same. But for some reason, getting installation aborted. And then i have to restore the nandroid image.

are you getting a mount failure for the SD card, before the install gets aborted?
"device busy" or something?
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 07:57   #5732
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,500
Thanked: 2,380 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Check the MD5 hash of the ZIP file once and see if its matching. My guess would be a corrupted download.
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 08:26   #5733
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 3,453
Thanked: 693 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I flashed VOID custom ROM on my LG P500, last night. I'm getting Quadrant scores of 1k+.

PS: I soft-bricked the phone once, while flashing my phone.
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:40   #5734
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 687 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I flashed VOID custom ROM on my LG P500, last night. I'm getting Quadrant scores of 1k+.

PS: I soft-bricked the phone once, while flashing my phone.
I am getting tired of waiting for the official upgrade too - was just reading up and compiling information on how to root and install a custom ROM.

Congrats! Hows the performance? Battery life?
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:54   #5735
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,368
Thanked: 384 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru

Yeah, did the same. But for some reason, getting installation aborted. And then i have to restore the nandroid image.
Try downloading the rom again. Take a deep breath and start again. Sometimes these things just don't go and then suddenly happen.

Do try it again.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 16:04   #5736
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 521
Thanked: 98 Times
Question Re: mik 6.5.7 ROM on LG P500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
are you getting a mount failure for the SD card, before the install gets aborted?
"device busy" or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Check the MD5 hash of the ZIP file once and see if its matching. My guess would be a corrupted download.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Try downloading the rom again. Take a deep breath and start again. Sometimes these things just don't go and then suddenly happen.Do try it again.
Guys,

I downloaded the ROM again from a different host. Again, getting some error. Have attached the error doc. Please have a look and let me know what this might be? I am on ROM Manager v4.4.0.5 and ClockWorkMod 5.0.1.0

Attached Files
File Type: doc Report.doc (15.5 KB, 250 views)

Last edited by JMaruru : 2nd September 2011 at 16:08.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 17:22   #5737
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,566
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Came across a very good profile switcher app which does many more things than just switching profiles. Its a freeware with no ads and works great. It is location aware (but doesn't use GPS by default, relies on cell info) and you can automate a lot of things depending on where you are and the time of the day. App name is Llama.

It displays the rules you have set in plain English.

Name:  snap20110902_171918.png
Views: 573
Size:  62.7 KB
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 19:15   #5738
BHPian
 
Sprucegoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 311
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Came across a very good profile switcher app which does many more things than just switching profiles. Its a freeware with no ads and works great. It is location aware (but doesn't use GPS by default, relies on cell info) and you can automate a lot of things depending on where you are and the time of the day. App name is Llama.

It displays the rules you have set in plain English.

Attachment 603374
Checking it out...
Been looking for something like this for a while.
Sprucegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 19:39   #5739
BHPian
 
Maverick1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 823
Thanked: 245 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I would not recommend the HTC as HTC sales and support are pathetic. Apart from that you can choose anyone depending on cost and other features. Yes the Nexus supports only 16Gb so if you think you wouldn't need any more storage that 16GB then that's a good choice, otherwise you will have to look at Samsung's.

Between the LCD and AMOLED, i have been using Samsung Galaxy S i9003 LCD since last 6 months and its fine for general use although in sunlight it gets difficult to see whats on the screen. I believe AMOLED will help in such cases. Also pictures on AMOLED look better and sharper. Get into a store and check out the difference.
@Mayank I too used to face this same problem with my SLCD. The solution to this is to simply keep the brightness on 100% in the sun. The screen will definitely be more readable.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2011, 12:32   #5740
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

What a beauty this First UA ROM is! Been almost 30 hours with continuous EDGE and intermittent WIFI/BT usage and still 30% battery juice left! Not to mention the super fast speed (thanks to the removed warez etc). However I must mention that v 1.1 and v 1.2 of this rom made my phone misbehave a lot. The screen started flickering and phone also crashed once. So as of now, I've settled on v 1.0 without warez.

The only downside I noticed till now is the slightly sluggish start up. Icons take a while to appear. Also, I have not tested the GPS yet. Reports to follow on that front.
Attached Images
   

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 3rd September 2011 at 13:01.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:54   #5741
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

samfirmware is now listing Asia Pacific v. 2.3.4 firmware for Galaxy GT-S5570 aka mini aka tab. Need to try it out next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Is it true that we can't send multimedia messages on Android phones ? I got this reply when I contacted Vodafone customer support . I tried to send an mms and I would not go!! I am using Vodafone 2gb plan on my Samsung galaxy i9003.
Plain dumb customer support.

Your problem looks more like bad APN settings.

In the settings menu, under "Wireless and networks", > "Mobile Networks" > "Access Point Nemes", look for a name with "*mms" in it. it is "Idea MMS" for me. (Idea network).

Try the following and see which one succeeds.

1. Switch off and switch on.
2. Switch off, remove the sim card for a few minutes, put it in back and start your phone again. If possible, try putting in a non-Vodaphone sim and starting your phone, before putting the VOdaphone sim.
3. If that too does not work, ask the customer service to re-send you the MMS APN settings.

That will cause the network to resend the APN settings to your phone.

Normally, the APN settings are sent by the network everytime it detects a change in your handset (my experience, this is not the bible). This happens automatically. Some phones will detect this message as a "network message" and some will detect this as an SMS.

Typically, the Android will automatically identify these messages and apply these APN settings on its own. It better do that - it is supposed to be a smart OS. But did not happen for me first time I put in the SIM into my android. I went around without GPRS for a whole day, and tried BSNL sim with full success. Once I re-inserted the Idea SIM, the APN settings were detected automatically.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:59   #5742
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
samfirmware is now listing Asia Pacific v. 2.3.4 firmware for Galaxy GT-S5570 aka mini aka tab. Need to try it out next.
I have noticed that ROMs for Galaxy Fit and Ace are mostly the same on many forums. If that is the case, you may also try out this S5830DDKQ5 - Stock Gingerbread for Samsung Galaxy Ace India
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2011, 18:08   #5743
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 40
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: mik 6.5.7 ROM on LG P500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Guys,

I downloaded the ROM again from a different host. Again, getting some error. Have attached the error doc. Please have a look and let me know what this might be? I am on ROM Manager v4.4.0.5 and ClockWorkMod 5.0.1.0

My apologies. Your report mentions of ROM manager script, and I don't understand what ROM manager is doing if you are flashing a ROM using the clockworkmod recovery. Are you flashing the ROM using the ROM Manager? Please reboot to your device to recovery mode and flash the ROM from there.

Last edited by umvarma : 3rd September 2011 at 18:12.
umvarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:19   #5744
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 521
Thanked: 98 Times
Unhappy Re: mik 6.5.7 ROM on LG P500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by umvarma View Post
My apologies. Your report mentions of ROM manager script, and I don't understand what ROM manager is doing if you are flashing a ROM using the clockworkmod recovery. Are you flashing the ROM using the ROM Manager? Please reboot to your device to recovery mode and flash the ROM from there.
Well, it almost worked.. almost. As you thought, i was doing it from ROM Manager earlier, and this time got into recovery and then chose the option of 'Install zip from SD'. Got the message 'Installation Complete', so opted for 'Reboot'. Now on rebooting it is getting stuck on CM7 boot screen. Somehow, seems this is not for me. So going back to restore the nandroid image.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:39   #5745
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Well, it almost worked.. almost. As you thought, i was doing it from ROM Manager earlier, and this time got into recovery and then chose the option of 'Install zip from SD'. Got the message 'Installation Complete', so opted for 'Reboot'. Now on rebooting it is getting stuck on CM7 boot screen. Somehow, seems this is not for me. So going back to restore the nandroid image.
Did you clear the cache and reset the phone - from the recovery menu?
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al) vcash Gadgets, Computers & Software 1660 7th August 2017 16:25
BMW iDrive, Connected Drive & BMW Apps - Review & FAQ Thread! karan561 In-Car Entertainment 27 11th May 2017 00:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks