Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2012, 20:24   #7501
Senior - BHPian
 
KSM-Vtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MH-02-India-Bombay-Bandra
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 437 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil
Guys who brought from sulekha, could you review the service?

Sulekha is now offering additional 1450 off for bsnl/airtel customers, so I am getting note for a cool 28570. I will order it accordingly as per your reviews!
Well dont expect any service....u will get the product in about 7days

Order tracking is bad and so is the call centr
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 20:45   #7502
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 34
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Guys who brought from sulekha, could you review the service?

Sulekha is now offering additional 1450 off for bsnl/airtel customers
Could you throw more light on that please ?
rahul_9327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 21:04   #7503
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 288 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
Could you throw more light on that please ?
I need details on how good the service was, how the product was delivered, were there any tense moments as there is no COD option. Details like quality of service and necessity to contact the call center etc.

The details are there on the site. If you have an airtel number, you just need to enter the same and click verify and they will send a verification code to your phone, and if you u use the verification code you will get a discount code. visit the site to get a feel.

Last edited by anilisanil : 24th January 2012 at 21:26.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 21:09   #7504
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 34
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

^^ Anil, I was actually asking about the additional discount of 1450 for airtel customers
rahul_9327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 22:02   #7505
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 288 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
^^ Anil, I was actually asking about the additional discount of 1450 for airtel customers
I stand corrected- It is either of the discounts, either 1300 cash back OR 1450 for airtel/bsnl customers of south india. :( not both!! so i get it for 29849/-
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 22:18   #7506
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 416 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I need details on how good the service was, how the product was delivered, were there any tense moments as there is no COD option. Details like quality of service and necessity to contact the call center etc..
They have a very poor rating on mouthshut. Also there are other blogs which specifically talk about how poor Sulekha are! They are like rediff/ebay. They dont sell themselves (unlike letsbuy/flipkart). Other sellers sell thru them but they do not have any money protection program (unlike say, ebay). And they have non-existent customer service.

I'd stay away from such sites.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 23:25   #7507
BHPian
 
Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 561
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Guys who brought from sulekha, could you review the service?
I bought a phone from Sulekha earlier this month. The price difference was 1100 between Sulekha and Flipkart and hence I decided to give it a try. The shipping date was given as some 6 days from the date of purchase and there was no update for those 6 days. On the 6th day, the shipping details were updated on to their system and since the item was shipped locally, I got it delivered the same day. So I would give 5 stars for Sulekha.
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 01:07   #7508
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 75
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Hi Guys,

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Sunday, amazing phone, do let me know in case anyone needs any specific information.

Ravi
raviacc2825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 07:58   #7509
BHPian
 
vinu_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 258
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quick question.

1. My i9000's battery level dropped from 100% to 51% overnight despite being turned off. The weird crack in the wave that you'll see in the screenshot is the drop. I'm quite sure that the problem is with the phone because the battery level is intact if I keep the battery out after charging it.

2. This phone works fine in 3g mode but never in 2g. It wouldn't connect to the network when I set it to GSM.

Anyone else with the same problems ?
Attached Images
 
vinu_h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 08:55   #7510
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,555
Thanked: 646 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Quick question.

1. My i9000's battery level dropped from 100% to 51% overnight despite being turned off. The weird crack in the wave that you'll see in the screenshot is the drop. I'm quite sure that the problem is with the phone because the battery level is intact if I keep the battery out after charging it.

2. This phone works fine in 3g mode but never in 2g. It wouldn't connect to the network when I set it to GSM.

Anyone else with the same problems ?
Such drops usually indicate that the battery is near its end of life. Check if the battery has bulged slightly. how old is your phone ?

No clue on the 2g isssue.
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 09:37   #7511
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,583
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Running Defy @ 1.1GHZ with Android 4.01 MIUI build 1.12.16 ICS - No issues so far and battery temp hovers between 32 to 40 deg C in Chennai.

Battery lasts around 24 to 36 hours based on usage pattern!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 09:45   #7512
BHPian
 
vinu_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 258
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Such drops usually indicate that the battery is near its end of life. Check if the battery has bulged slightly. how old is your phone ?

No clue on the 2g isssue.
The phone is 16 months old but the battery is brand new(12 days old). Even otherwise, the battery level does not drop if kept out of the phone after charging, meaning that the problem is with the phone.

Eitherway, I'm going to the Samsung service centre today. I was just wondering if this is a known issue. Considering that replacing is easier than repair, I'm quite sure the service centre people would ask me to get a new motherboard or something related. Not something I'm looking forward to, especially since the phone is out of warranty.
vinu_h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 09:52   #7513
Senior - BHPian
 
_raVan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 486 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

For guys looking forward to S3, more rumours:

Quote:
The MWC is fast approaching and one of the main reasons for us to expect it so eagerly is the announcement of the next Samsung flagship. The Galaxy S III has some huge shoes to fill, but if those latest rumors are to be believed, it might just have what it takes.


The rumors come from Eldar Murtazin, who hasn't had the most accurate series of predictions lately, but who we are willing to believe now as he claims he has played with the smartphone already. So, according to the Russian, the Samsung Galaxy S III will indeed be unveiled at the MWC and will go on sale in April, exactly a year after its predecessor.


The Samsung Galaxy S III will, reportedly, come with an HD resolution screen (of larger size, we assume), a 12 megapixel camera and a quad-core CPU, running at 1.5-1.6 GHz. The beast will be running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and, according to Mr. Murtazin its two extra cores will be more than just PR materials - the smartphone feels really fast.
Source:
Galaxy S III to hit shelves in April with 12 MP camera and HD screen - GSMArena.com news
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 10:22   #7514
Senior - BHPian
 
KSM-Vtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MH-02-India-Bombay-Bandra
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

5+ Star - Samsung Product Pricing
5 Star - Product Condition
1 Star - Customer Service and Website Tracking (am giving it that 1 also only because the call center answers your phone within a minute)
________________________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I need details on how good the service was, how the product was delivered, were there any tense moments as there is no COD option. Details like quality of service and necessity to contact the call center etc.

The details are there on the site. If you have an airtel number, you just need to enter the same and click verify and they will send a verification code to your phone, and if you u use the verification code you will get a discount code. visit the site to get a feel.
I ordered the Note on 19th Jan and received it on 23rd...during this period they told me only one thing "your product will be shipped latest by 25th".

23rd morning the status changes to "Read to Ship", i followed up the entire day since the website was down and they said - "your product will be shipped latest by 25th"

In fact i dint know that the phone was already delivered and i called them on 23rd evening on my way home and they said - "your product will be shipped latest by 25th".

I reach home with no expectation to find the phone on my table ...yes it was delivered in perfect condition but without the flip cover (for which they are providing a refund if you like)...just this morning i got an sms saying that my product has been shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I stand corrected- It is either of the discounts, either 1300 cash back OR 1450 for airtel/bsnl customers of south india. :( not both!! so i get it for 29849/-
Yeah, thanks for clarifying. i also tried using both but dint work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I bought a phone from Sulekha earlier this month. The price difference was 1100 between Sulekha and Flipkart and hence I decided to give it a try. The shipping date was given as some 6 days from the date of purchase and there was no update for those 6 days. On the 6th day, the shipping details were updated on to their system and since the item was shipped locally, I got it delivered the same day. So I would give 5 stars for Sulekha.
Yeah though committing a shipping date 6days form the order date is way below the industry standard i did get the product 2 days before the committed shipping date.
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 10:23   #7515
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,555
Thanked: 646 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
The phone is 16 months old but the battery is brand new(12 days old). Even otherwise, the battery level does not drop if kept out of the phone after charging, meaning that the problem is with the phone.

Eitherway, I'm going to the Samsung service centre today. I was just wondering if this is a known issue. Considering that replacing is easier than repair, I'm quite sure the service centre people would ask me to get a new motherboard or something related. Not something I'm looking forward to, especially since the phone is out of warranty.
Then i think it is better to wait for few charge and discharge cycles. Battery issue and somehow related to the phone ? How ? Did you try the usual factory reset and other stuff ?

My i9003 is 10 months old, it takes time to reach 100%. As soon as i disconnect it from the charger within 1 hr, the phone reaches 90% and from there it seems to hold the charge well. I am already starting to think my battery is giving up. Any idea what is the warranty on the battery ? Is it 6months or 1yr ?
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al) vcash Gadgets, Computers & Software 1660 7th August 2017 16:25
BMW iDrive, Connected Drive & BMW Apps - Review & FAQ Thread! karan561 In-Car Entertainment 27 11th May 2017 00:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks