Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2010, 00:39   #841
BHPian
 
deepakchiniwal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 347
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Hi,

I am currently using the Garmin Asus A10. It is a gem of Navigational Phone.

It is running Android 2.1 and upgradable to 2.2 by end Feb, 2011 (as communicated by Support guys)

I got the phone on the day of soft launch. There were 5 phones sold that day and unfortunately I was the 5th one :(

I picked mine @ 15k. After a week the prices are between 17 and 18.5
deepakchiniwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 06:53   #842
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Blr
Posts: 645
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Is there any way to automatically configure an "@yahoo.co.in" email in the Samsung Galaxy 3 phone with the existing email application? My friend is unable to do this automatically. Is there any other free email client that needs to be installed for this. Currently he installed some yahoo mobile application for checking his emails. Experts if there is any simple or easy procedure, please list the steps or please give the link for the same.
Just search yahoo mail application in Andriod Market by yahoo inc, This application is superb just like gmail, and very easy to use.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 07:47   #843
Senior - BHPian
 
chevelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: sacto
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 502 Times
Default

i read on android forums that if i root an android phone i can access non-market apps. how do i do that?

i have a galaxy s.
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 08:28   #844
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
i read on android forums that if i root an android phone i can access non-market apps. how do i do that?

i have a galaxy s.
you don't have to root for that - just goto settings->applications and uncheck 'unknown sources'
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 09:16   #845
BHPian
 
SPEEDY_RACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 392
Thanked: 157 Times
Default details required

Finally Got my hands on Galaxy S, and need some information which is best site i can download the Games and Applications for this phone.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 12:49   #846
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Finally Got my hands on Galaxy S, and need some information which is best site i can download the Games and Applications for this phone.
congrats - try the google market on the phone thats the only way of getting things on it
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 12:53   #847
Senior - BHPian
 
chevelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: sacto
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 502 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
you don't have to root for that - just goto settings->applications and uncheck 'unknown sources'
so it will show up in andorid market? or i look elsewhere?
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 13:01   #848
BHPian
 
patron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 189
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
you don't have to root for that - just goto settings->applications and uncheck 'unknown sources'
You should Check 'Unknown Sources'

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Is there any way to automatically configure an "@yahoo.co.in" email in the Samsung Galaxy 3 phone with the existing email application? My friend is unable to do this automatically. Is there any other free email client that needs to be installed for this. Currently he installed some yahoo mobile application for checking his emails. Experts if there is any simple or easy procedure, please list the steps or please give the link for the same.
As I suggested in a previous post, get K-9 mail from the market. You should be able to configure Yahoo mail automatically.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th December 2010 at 16:56. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
patron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 13:07   #849
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,019
Thanked: 447 Times
Default

One cannot install Samsung Apps on Galaxy 3 (Android). it says that the policy of Google prevents it from doing so.
DCEite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 13:11   #850
BHPian
 
patron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 189
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
so it will show up in andorid market? or i look elsewhere?
You need to download APK's manually or use AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games.
patron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 14:02   #851
Senior - BHPian
 
chevelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: sacto
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 502 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
You need to download APK's manually or use AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games.
Thanks, you are awesome.
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 14:16   #852
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,019
Thanked: 447 Times
Default

Is anyone able to play "Angry Bird- Seasons" on Galaxy 3 or any other sub 15k Android properly ?

Its too slow on my Galaxy 3, much slower than the original Angry Birds.

However, on my iPod Touch 2G, both games work like a charm. Pity full versions are paid apps in Apple store.

Last edited by DCEite : 6th December 2010 at 14:24.
DCEite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 14:33   #853
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

^^ all of these games work perfectly on nexus one, but i have seen them not work on htc wildfire
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 14:36   #854
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,497
Thanked: 717 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Is anyone able to play "Angry Bird- Seasons" on Galaxy 3 or any other sub 15k Android properly ?

Its too slow on my Galaxy 3, much slower than the original Angry Birds.

However, on my iPod Touch 2G, both games work like a charm. Pity full versions are paid apps in Apple store.
the reason could be
Rovio feels the burn of Android fragmentation, plans 'light' version of Angry Birds -- Engadget
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 14:54   #855
BHPian
 
patron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 189
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Is anyone able to play "Angry Bird- Seasons" on Galaxy 3 or any other sub 15k Android properly ?

Its too slow on my Galaxy 3, much slower than the original Angry Birds.

However, on my iPod Touch 2G, both games work like a charm. Pity full versions are paid apps in Apple store.
Angry Birds sure is pathetic on Galaxy 3 but found it is better on Galaxy 5. But it rocks on the Nexus one.

Try Angry Birds Seasons on Galaxy 3. Much better.
patron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al) vcash Gadgets, Computers & Software 1660 7th August 2017 16:25
BMW iDrive, Connected Drive & BMW Apps - Review & FAQ Thread! karan561 In-Car Entertainment 27 11th May 2017 00:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks