Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2012, 21:54   #9166
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,557
Thanked: 646 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
With this phone motorola has brought the style and posh looks of the first motorazr flip phone and now its got the performance too which is a bang for the buck.

For camera performance, please goto gsmarena.com and see the review of the phone.

You can try Htc sensation Xe also. See if you like that instead.
Purchase has been deferred for now. I am playing the wait and watch game for now.
I am waiting for the launch of S3 and waiting for the prices of other phones to go south.
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 23:32   #9167
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 300
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Alright, one straight question after lots of discussions. If I go for defy+ in place of One V, will I lose lot of things except for premium looks & UI of One V?
sups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 00:01   #9168
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 878
Thanked: 489 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups
Alright, one straight question after lots of discussions. If I go for defy+ in place of One V, will I lose lot of things except for premium looks & UI of One V?
You will lose out on looks, UI. But not just that you'll lose out on a better camera and also Ice cream sandwich. Seriously if you dont use much of apps only the basic ones.and also not much into customisation and always have a laptop or pc with you then go for the windows phone. It doesnt lag at all. And everything feels seamlessly integrated. If you have tried wp7.5 and not liked it, then suggest you go with One V or sony's Neo V. Both are good phones.
Defy+ is one tough guy but not the latest in OS. So thats a compromise. However its water repellant and also almost indestructible. My friends phone fell out of the auto and got hit by a scooter. Except a few glitches the phone works just fine. But then so does his iPhone4 too, which got run over by an auto resulting in damage to the rear bezel. Thank god he had some cover on it atleast.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 06:34   #9169
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 454 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Defy+ is one tough guy but not the latest in OS. So thats a compromise. However its water repellant and also almost indestructible. My friends phone fell out of the auto and got hit by a scooter. Except a few glitches the phone works just fine. But then so does his iPhone4 too, which got run over by an auto resulting in damage to the rear bezel. Thank god he had some cover on it atleast.
Your friend seems to be good in experimenting the toughness of these mobiles eh?

Some years back, My E50, yes Nokia E50, fell 3 floors down my apartment into the neighbors - Split into 3 pieces, Battery, front and rear - Assembled it and voila it worked - I still wonder why I changed from that phone!!

The defy is definitely a tough phone and with custom ICS upgrades available in XDA, one need not feel disappointed at all.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 09:01   #9170
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,557
Thanked: 646 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Purchase has been deferred for now. I am playing the wait and watch game for now.
I am waiting for the launch of S3 and waiting for the prices of other phones to go south.
Team,

Looks like I have to eat my words. 1yr 2 months and my i9003 battery is giving up. I charged to 100% overnight and in the morning I see 54% and it is heating up when charging.

Moto Artix 2 seems to be VFM. Flipkart has it at 21K. I think i can get this in local market at 19K ? It is slated to get ICS upgrade as well.

Please suggest. Need to replace my phone on a immediate basis.

Last edited by F150 : 19th May 2012 at 09:04. Reason: Added info about ICS upgrade
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 09:21   #9171
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 412
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Team,

Looks like I have to eat my words. 1yr 2 months and my i9003 battery is giving up. I charged to 100% overnight and in the morning I see 54% and it is heating up when charging.

Moto Artix 2 seems to be VFM. Flipkart has it at 21K. I think i can get this in local market at 19K ? It is slated to get ICS upgrade as well.

Please suggest. Need to replace my phone on a immediate basis.
Atrix 2 is a real VFM. Very good battery backup and you can't get a qHD screen at this price The only issue is that you won't find lot of custom ROMs as other Moto phones out there. If you can live with that, there is no better phones at this price range.
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 12:42   #9172
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,557
Thanked: 646 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac

Atrix 2 is a real VFM. Very good battery backup and you can't get a qHD screen at this price The only issue is that you won't find lot of custom ROMs as other Moto phones out there. If you can live with that, there is no better phones at this price range.
What should be the street price ?
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 13:52   #9173
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 412
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What should be the street price ?
I can't comment as I tried to find one piece in the streets near me, but in vain. Motorola is something which is still untouchable in Kerala I guess You know what, one shopkeeper told me, Motorola company is not producing mobiles now
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 14:18   #9174
BHPian
 
Saanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 384
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What should be the street price ?
Last time I went to a store here, Atrix 2 was going for Rs 22k. If you could wait for a few days - you should check out Samsung Galaxy S Advance. Flipkart has it on pre-order. Upon its launch I think there should be some price changes.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 15:12   #9175
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,521
Thanked: 2,253 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Defy+ is one tough guy ... ... However its water repellant and also almost indestructible. My friends phone fell out of the auto and got hit by a scooter. Except a few glitches the phone works just fine. But then so does his iPhone4 too, which got run over by an auto resulting in damage to the rear bezel. Thank god he had some cover on it atleast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Your friend seems to be good in experimenting the toughness of these mobiles eh?

Some years back, My E50, yes Nokia E50, fell 3 floors down my apartment into the neighbors - Split into 3 pieces, Battery, front and rear - Assembled it and voila it worked..
While we are on this topic... my Ace fell from 1st floor and survived! When I saw it split into 3 pieces, I knew this was it, will have to get a new one. But to my utter shock, after assembling the battery it started up just fine. No fuss.

But this might well be my good luck, would definitely not want this to happen again!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 19th May 2012 at 15:14. Reason: removing extra smilies
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 15:57   #9176
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,609 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What should be the street price ?
I got mine at 23K on flipkart. I did search in some outlets here in Bangalore but to no avail. Finally I ordered at flipkart.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 20:05   #9177
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,557
Thanked: 646 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

I got mine at 23K on flipkart. I did search in some outlets here in Bangalore but to no avail. Finally I ordered at flipkart.
I got a quote of 21.5k. Checked the phone, didn't like the display.
Purchase has been deferred again.
Got a new battery for my i9003 at 600 bucks.
Looks like common sense prevailed at the end of the day. :-)
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 22:17   #9178
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 846
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys I will be getting the HTC Explorer tomorrow. Any last minute suggestions to confuse me ?

P.S: I checked out the Samsung Galaxy Y today. Nice phone but somehow I dont like the UI.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 23:37   #9179
BHPian
 
Added_flavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 614
Thanked: 735 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys just bought a Galaxy Note, white color, at a best price of 30,200.

Any suggestions on apps & games?

I have never tried android before, any thing for saving battery life??

Thanks.
The best price I could see as on today is 31,390 on ebay. Most of the stores here in Bangalore are quoting 32k-32.5k. Can you please tell me where this phone was bought for 30,200?
Added_flavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 05:07   #9180
BHPian
 
Speed.Demon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kochi/Manama
Posts: 252
Thanked: 428 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I will be getting the HTC Explorer tomorrow. Any last minute suggestions to confuse me ?

P.S: I checked out the Samsung Galaxy Y today. Nice phone but somehow I dont like the UI.

I didn't like the screen of the Galaxy Y at all, which is why I'm going for the Explorer.

Do post details of your new phone!!
Speed.Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al) vcash Gadgets, Computers & Software 1660 7th August 2017 16:25
BMW iDrive, Connected Drive & BMW Apps - Review & FAQ Thread! karan561 In-Car Entertainment 27 11th May 2017 00:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks