Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2012, 23:48   #10516
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 642 Times
Default

Looks like a battery issue to me. Switch off and switch on the phone and verify if the percentage changes.
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2012, 23:52   #10517
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,254
Thanked: 624 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Looks like a battery issue to me. Switch off and switch on the phone and verify if the percentage changes.
Did that but no improvement. Closed all apps, WIFI,Bluetooth etc and then did a restart but nothing. Its still at 9%.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 07:38   #10518
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 642 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli

Did that but no improvement. Closed all apps, WIFI,Bluetooth etc and then did a restart but nothing. Its still at 9%.
Was it getting charged with wifi and Bluetooth on ?
Did you check if gps was on when the phone was charging ?
It can be the case where charging is more or less used up by wifi,gps etc. hence the very slow rate of charging?
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 08:42   #10519
Senior - BHPian
 
VW2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,472
Thanked: 1,792 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
It can be the case where charging is more or less used up by wifi,gps etc. hence the very slow rate of charging?
Take it to the service center since its still under warranty. Samsung service is one of the best i have seen in recent times.

Worst case they will replace the battery or if some problem with motherboard, they will replace the mother board for free.
VW2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 08:57   #10520
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,394
Thanked: 19,164 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Guys i am facing this strange issue with my Samsung S3. Whenever my phone battery goes down to..lets say below 10% of the battery life, then it becomes real pain in the behind to get it charged again. I mean rightnow, my phone is at only 8% charged even though its been more than an hour since i plugged it in for charging. When i started charging it, it was at 5%, so in this 1 hour, it only got 3% charged. WHAT THE HELL. Is this common in S3 or may be android phones?? Since this is my first android phone, hence not sure if this happens. Or is the battery an issue. Anyone???
How are you charging it? If it is through USB then it is normal. I get barely 10% charge increase when I charge it in the car during my drive to work using the USB cable.

However using the Ac adapter it takes around 2.5hours to fully charge. The battery is a 2100mAh so it does take more time to charge than normal.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 09:59   #10521
BHPian
 
h.s.r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 196
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard
1) How do I install and use themes on this phone? I downloaded GO Launcher and that works perfectly but are there any other options?

2) This phone has Android 2.2 Froyo but how can I update the android version to a newer one? I think Gingerbread will work but not sure about ICS. I need help on this.

Thanks.
Go launcher has the best user interface & best thing is, its free.U can download loads of themes for Go launcher.
Go to Settings>Themes>Download.

Regarding upgrading,i would say dont go for it.It might slow down ur phone.
h.s.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 10:21   #10522
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 939
Thanked: 1,920 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r

Go launcher has the best user interface & best thing is, its free.U can download loads of themes for Go launcher.
Go to Settings>Themes>Download.
Have you noticed any considerable amount of battery drain after installing Go Launcher? I got the ICS update and installed the Go Launcher on the same day. But since then, I'm not getting enough battery backup. I'm not able to makeout whether ICS update or Go Launcher is the culprit. I'll uninstall Go Launcher for some days and will keep an eye on the battery.
guyfrmblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 10:47   #10523
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,081
Thanked: 3,328 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Have you noticed any considerable amount of battery drain after installing Go Launcher? I got the ICS update and installed the Go Launcher on the same day. But since then, I'm not getting enough battery backup. I'm not able to makeout whether ICS update or Go Launcher is the culprit. I'll uninstall Go Launcher for some days and will keep an eye on the battery.
Its GO alright.
Ive had this issue with my phone when I upgraded it to GB, and Also when I got ICS.
It just does bring it down.
It wasnt very noticeable on the tab, but was on the phone.
You should try Zeam.
It offers most of GO's good stuff, and is faster.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 13:39   #10524
BHPian
 
Zenster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 334
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
I'd rather get a phone with manufacturer's warranty instead, I'm not willing to buy something worth 15,000 without a proper backup. Although I have bought a camera from JK back in 2005 and had no trouble, but still.

Thanks a lot for the information though.
Hello Friends, I need you advise on a deal that was suggested to me by a store in Kandivali (Mumbai). The Store looks quite reputed, have been watching them go about their business for more than a year and have grown from 1 to 3 different stores (all electronics based) in the Raghuleela mall. The store is "Tec Zone".

Now for the deal, this guy offered me the Xperia U with bill/warranty for 16500/- and the same model without bill/waranty for 12500/-, a difference of 4000/- flat.

I know seller warranty was suggested to me earlier which I was not keen on, but that was Ebay and here I'd be dealing with a person and checking the piece before purchase. So I'm tempted.

Any suggestion or experiences from this store ?
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 16:08   #10525
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 403
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hello Friends, I need you advise on a deal that was suggested to me by a store in Kandivali (Mumbai). The Store looks quite reputed, have been watching them go about their business for more than a year and have grown from 1 to 3 different stores (all electronics based) in the Raghuleela mall. The store is "Tec Zone".

Now for the deal, this guy offered me the Xperia U with bill/warranty for 16500/- and the same model without bill/waranty for 12500/-, a difference of 4000/- flat.

I know seller warranty was suggested to me earlier which I was not keen on, but that was Ebay and here I'd be dealing with a person and checking the piece before purchase. So I'm tempted.

Any suggestion or experiences from this store ?
If I was in your place, I would've gone for it 4K savings is worth the risk IMO. Just make sure everything is working well and you'd be good to go
bhp_maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 16:19   #10526
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 878
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

Just wanted to share my experiences with the paranoid android rom for Galaxy Note. Its been 3 days and this rom never ceases to amaze me with the amount of customization possible. However something of special mention is the battery life that I'm getting. Let the screenshot do the talking.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120806_161309.png
Views: 246
Size:  128.1 KB


The rom is highly stable and definitely a daily driver for me. I flashed cm9 Ics onto an Galaxy S i9000 but not so great battery results. So definitely the advantage is because of paranoid android itself.

Also one more thing to mention is the almost 0 battery drain for over 6 hours with sync and gprs turned on and the phone in idle. Earlier Samsung touchwiz would drain a lot of battery even on idle almost up to 10% over 2hours.

Also the hybrid mode ensures I can enjoy apps based on both tablet or phone versions.

So if you are looking for a rom for your Galaxy note then this is worthy of flashing onto your phone. Thanks to ethan3686 who pointed it out to me.

Cheers.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 16:52   #10527
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,679
Thanked: 2,920 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Just wanted to share my experiences with the paranoid android rom for Galaxy Note. Its been 3 days and this rom never ceases to amaze me with the amount of customization possible. However something of special mention is the battery life that I'm getting. Let the screenshot do the talking.
What was the battery backup on your stock setup? I get amazing backup on my Note with few calls, 3-4 hours of wifi, GPS navigation. Here's a screenshot at 66%
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-export_01.png  

naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 16:59   #10528
Senior - BHPian
 
KSM-Vtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MH-02-India-Bombay-Bandra
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Has the 4.0.4 update for the Note come to India?

NOTE Users any luck?

I am facing serious battery issues which seem to have been addressed in the 4.0.4
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 17:17   #10529
BHPian
 
Lightening-Fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 250
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Any Idea if Samsung Galaxy S2 will get Jelly Bean update. last i heard was that they were considering whether or not to roll that out because of resolution issues
Lightening-Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 17:18   #10530
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 878
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju

What was the battery backup on your stock setup? I get amazing backup on my Note with few calls, 3-4 hours of wifi, GPS navigation. Here's a screenshot at 66%
I'd get less than 12 hours. I don't have those screenshots from the stock setup as I formatted everything when I flashed. However your usage differs from mine. My screen is on 50% of the time and mostly use note for short calls and mainly for internet and apps. So comparatively the rom is giving better battery life.

And your battery backup literally shocked me. I never got close to that much and in the last week the backup was horrible. Only 8hours per charge. In fact go locker drained so much battery but I'm happy with this rom now.

Its not just battery backup though that makes me happy. There is zero lag when I multitasking. Earlier to type messages characters would appear slowly and I'd have to clear memory so many times. I'm running the same apps now as on the stock setup and still everything is buttery smooth. And I love this keypad too.

P.s are you on Ics or GB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec
Has the 4.0.4 update for the Note come to India?

NOTE Users any luck?

I am facing serious battery issues which seem to have been addressed in the 4.0.4
Nope not yet. So I switched to the other rom with 4.0.4
Cheers

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 6th August 2012 at 17:21.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al) vcash Gadgets, Computers & Software 1660 7th August 2017 16:25
BMW iDrive, Connected Drive & BMW Apps - Review & FAQ Thread! karan561 In-Car Entertainment 27 11th May 2017 00:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks