Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2013, 21:04   #13606
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,484
Thanked: 2,193 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Yes, the ICS update released around Oct. '12. IIRC. You should get an OTA notification immediately.

There is now a official jellybean leak as well and its very stable.
A friend was sitting on the fence coz of this. Ordered now. Thanks!
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 21:21   #13607
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 527
Thanked: 101 Times
Question Re: Galaxy S3 Mini?

Any reviews/feedback/user opinions on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini? As Nexus 4 is not available am looking for other choices.
I would like to know more about call quality, camera and battery performance.

Please advise!

Last edited by JMaruru : 24th January 2013 at 21:26.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 23:05   #13608
Newbie
 
sanjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman

That is a good price. From where you got it? Did you get a free SD card? Got a Sandisk 16Gb sdhc card free along with the phone from flipcart. Currently black one is out of stock there. Some discount is on offer in eBay for HTC phones and you can get the phone around the price you got.
Got the 'black' model HTC Desire VC from IT Park, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai. They included a 8 gb Sandisk free. you can also try a shop called Digitalworld on FC Road, Deccan, Pune for the best deals.....



Name:  image90814800.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  205.6 KB
sanjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 08:32   #13609
BHPian
 
devrajman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 504
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Guys, about the Atrix 2, has Motorola released a official ICS update yet? If yes, can it be updated OTA? I believe it is still shipping with GB.

AT&T Atrix2 folks like me are eagerly waiting for JB. Hope to get it soon!

Last edited by devrajman : 25th January 2013 at 08:34.
devrajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 09:11   #13610
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Galaxy note Battery drain

Hi All

I bought a galaxy note in may and i was fine with the battery life till a month ago.

Initially i had installed batter saver app ,it didnt make much difference but still had it.After the ICS upgrade the apps didnt work so i uninstalled a few months ago.

After that usually over night 2 to 5% of battery use to drain ,but now 20+% of battery drains ,now is that normal or is there a problem with my battery?
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 09:43   #13611
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LAX-SNA-BFL-BLR
Posts: 319
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Galaxy note Battery drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All

I bought a galaxy note in may and i was fine with the battery life till a month ago.

Initially i had installed batter saver app ,it didnt make much difference but still had it.After the ICS upgrade the apps didnt work so i uninstalled a few months ago.

After that usually over night 2 to 5% of battery use to drain ,but now 20+% of battery drains ,now is that normal or is there a problem with my battery?
I think you should do a factory reset and if jellybean is available, you should get it.
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 11:11   #13612
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,484
Thanked: 2,193 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All

I bought a galaxy note in may and i was fine with the battery life till a month ago.

Initially i had installed batter saver app ,it didnt make much difference but still had it.After the ICS upgrade the apps didnt work so i uninstalled a few months ago.

After that usually over night 2 to 5% of battery use to drain ,but now 20+% of battery drains ,now is that normal or is there a problem with my battery?
Seems like your phone is not going to deep sleep. Get BetterBatteryStats from xda and look for what is keeping it awake all the time.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 14:53   #13613
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LAX-SNA-BFL-BLR
Posts: 319
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Seems like your phone is not going to deep sleep. Get BetterBatteryStats from xda and look for what is keeping it awake all the time.
GSAM battery monitor is also a good program. Guys, i had a question. My friend's Galaxy S3 (its a US version, the Tmobile one), gets horrible battery life whenever he is in India (he is on Airtel), but whenever he is back home in the US, battery life is just fine; what could be causing this?
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 16:20   #13614
BHPian
 
tbppjpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: India
Posts: 584
Thanked: 474 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
My friend's Galaxy S3 (its a US version, the Tmobile one), gets horrible battery life whenever he is in India (he is on Airtel), but whenever he is back home in the US, battery life is just fine; what could be causing this?
Most probably the inconsistent network in India compared to the more stable and powerful network in US. Battery consumption increases when signals keep dropping or increasing constantly over a time. Maybe the signals are more unstable than tolerable range in the area where your friend uses his mobile while he is in India.
tbppjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 16:24   #13615
999
BHPian
 
999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 227
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
GSAM battery monitor is also a good program. Guys, i had a question. My friend's Galaxy S3 (its a US version, the Tmobile one), gets horrible battery life whenever he is in India (he is on Airtel), but whenever he is back home in the US, battery life is just fine; what could be causing this?
Was he using 3G here? Then I would suspect switching between 3G/H+/2G. Is fast dormancy disabled on his phone? (*#9900# on my SII)
999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 21:06   #13616
999
BHPian
 
999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 227
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Hi anybody here using XOLO X900? With recent price drops looks like a good buy.any heads up on SAR values will be great help. Seeing values of ~1.46 in some sites.
999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 21:11   #13617
BHPian
 
sbala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 398
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
Hi anybody here using XOLO X900? With recent price drops looks like a good buy.any heads up on SAR values will be great help. Seeing values of ~1.46 in some sites.
Some of my colleagues are using it. Decent phone at the given price now.
sbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 21:13   #13618
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,555
Thanked: 646 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
Hi anybody here using XOLO X900? With recent price drops looks like a good buy.any heads up on SAR values will be great help. Seeing values of ~1.46 in some sites.
Good phone runs on ICS. Dont bother too much about SAR values.
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 21:19   #13619
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,528
Thanked: 8,456 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
AT&T Atrix2 folks like me are eagerly waiting for JB. Hope to get it soon!
I read in Motorola forums that A2 wont be getting JB. ICS was rolled out last year. I updated to ICS through OTA. Sadly no JB
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 21:34   #13620
BHPian
 
devrajman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 504
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

I read in Motorola forums that A2 wont be getting JB. ICS was rolled out last year. I updated to ICS through OTA. Sadly no JB
Indian Atrix2 can be flashed with china JB. Multiple forums like xda have threads in it. Its pretty good and stable! However AT&T isn't compatible.
devrajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al) vcash Gadgets, Computers & Software 1660 7th August 2017 16:25
BMW iDrive, Connected Drive & BMW Apps - Review & FAQ Thread! karan561 In-Car Entertainment 27 11th May 2017 00:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks