Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 26th March 2016, 13:54   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Home Printer - Where Cartridge does not dry out soon

I have the Canon PIXMA MG2570S and use the PG-810 cartridge. Consistently, the printer tool throws the low-ink error after about ~40 pages although the cartridge claims to print 220 pages. Although I don't expect the entire 220 pages, I'd at least expect ~150 pages of a typical page (boarding pass/ticket etc).

Anyone with similar experiences?
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 09:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: Home Printer - Where Cartridge does not dry out soon

Bumping an quite thread.

I am looking for a home usage colour printer specifically to be used for my son's school activities purposes. What is the best option available? I am even unable to specify what my actual requirement should be. Getting confused with inkjet vs deskjet vs laser printer. The only requirement I can think of is the printer should have wifi capability, not interested in cable provision types. The printing demand is usually 25-30 pages per month (as of now).

Can any experts who have recently bought one help in this case?
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 09:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Bumping an quite thread.

I am looking for a home usage colour printer specifically to be used for my son's school activities purposes. What is the best option available? I am even unable to specify what my actual requirement should be. Getting confused with inkjet vs deskjet vs laser printer. The only requirement I can think of is the printer should have wifi capability, not interested in cable provision types. The printing demand is usually 25-30 pages per month (as of now).

Ghodlur,

I have a Canon MP250 series printer(All in one) at home. This is not a WI-FI enabled one. Irrespective of connectivity, do bear in mind the following

1. Laserjet is an overkill for the home use, color laser jets will cost a lot with the additional cost of replacing the toner.

2. Inkjet printers use ink cartridges or you can have an ink tank installed. Ink cartridges last about 100 -120 sheets of black & white / color printer

3. The above printer has a good color reproduction and the print quality can be adjusted according to need (from photo printing to fast printing)

4. The cartridges are expensive 1200 for the black and 1500 for the color. The alternatives are
a. Use a color filling kit at home and fill the ink yourself or call Abbeefill to fill up the cartridge. Cost about 350-450 depending on the cartridge type.

5. HP Cartridges are inexpensive, you can get two for the price of one canon.

6. Finally have you explored the option of cloud print? This can be setup using any old printer which is attached to a desktop. Once you have cloud print setup, you can print from anywhere (mobile office another location etc)
(Cloud Prihttps://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&u act=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwi17Oeg2o3OAhUDpI8KHQKABcUQF ggbMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fcloudpri nt%2F&usg=AFQjCNH0qi9-DNhlgRzt-eeFYCxSo03w5w&sig2=BchM2Teb1MR0TrMGWdq1PA&bvm=bv.1 27984354,d.c2I

Hope this helps

Cheers
kutoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 13:36   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Bumping an quite thread.

Ghodlur Go for Ink tank printers if you have not already purchased.
Epson and brother have good models and recently Canon and HP have also launched ink tank printers.

I found Brother models to be best feature wise. It has google cloud printing support and droplet size is 1.5 pico liter compared to 2 pico liter of

Just to give an idea the ink tank has 75 ml ink for each colour which claims to print 5000 pages colour and 6000 pages B&W compared to this the Normal cartridges ( HP / Canon /Epson) have 4 to 12 ml of ink.

And original refill ink for brother ( CMY and Black 4 bottles 75 ml) is 1000 - 1500 Rs on ebay and Epson ink is similarly priced. Third party inks are even cheaper ( 300 - 400 Rs) but it voids warranty.

So in one fill of ink you have supply for whole year and to prevent drying up of print head you can fire a test print or a photo print once a week from wherever you are using your mobile phone

PS: Can anyone tell me a good third party ink brand for ink tanks printers ? I searched on various websites and found that 3rd party dye inks are marked for printers ( Epson / Canon ) etc can these dye inks be used
on any inkject model ? Same question for black pigment ink

Last edited by amitk26 : 17th August 2016 at 13:42.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote