Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 20th July 2015, 10:02   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Photograph Scanner

Aroy, condor and alpha, thank you for the valuable inputs, although the whole exercise went in vain. Here is the procedure I followed to scan papers into PDF -
  1. Download "Sonic PDF Creator Version 3" software and install it.
  2. Scan papers at 200 DPI and save them as jpg.
  3. Open the jpg images in Microsoft Picture Manager and compress them into "Documents", so that their size is reduced to less than 100 KB.
  4. Once the images are compressed, give the print command. Select the Sonic PDF Creator option and convert the jpg image into PDF.
  5. Alternatively, I could also scan by using CamScanner.
Now I had the PDF files of size less than 200KB, scanned at 200 DPI. All as per the Department's wish. I attached the files with the application, They got attached and the application was uploaded successfully.

What happens today is, I checked my email. I got one from the Department, stating that my application has been rejected. Reason? None of the PDF files could be read on their Adobe (Adobe Reader 11). I was also told that of the 12 applications, 10 were rejected on the same grounds. Those who did this using CamScanner were also rejected. Now I have to do the whole exercise again.

Last edited by Swapnil4585 : 20th July 2015 at 10:09.
Swapnil4585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 13:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Photograph Scanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Aroy, condor and alpha, thank you for the valuable inputs, although the whole exercise went in vain. Here is the procedure I followed to scan papers into PDF -
  1. Download "Sonic PDF Creator Version 3" software and install it.
  2. Scan papers at 200 DPI and save them as jpg.
  3. Open the jpg images in Microsoft Picture Manager and compress them into "Documents", so that their size is reduced to less than 100 KB.
  4. Once the images are compressed, give the print command. Select the Sonic PDF Creator option and convert the jpg image into PDF.
  5. Alternatively, I could also scan by using CamScanner.
Now I had the PDF files of size less than 200KB, scanned at 200 DPI. All as per the Department's wish. I attached the files with the application, They got attached and the application was uploaded successfully.

What happens today is, I checked my email. I got one from the Department, stating that my application has been rejected. Reason? None of the PDF files could be read on their Adobe (Adobe Reader 11). I was also told that of the 12 applications, 10 were rejected on the same grounds. Those who did this using CamScanner were also rejected. Now I have to do the whole exercise again.
Use CutePdf, it is compatible with Adobe Reader. To ensure portability, install the Adobe Reader 11, and check your final files in this.

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote