Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2011, 16:04   #391
t18
BHPian
 
t18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Have downloaded a lot of games from samsung apps like "plants vs zombies", "bubble burst", "fruit ninja" etc. Now the question is "Do these games access internet ?". Cause my gprs packs validity expired and when I play any game, I am being charged from my main balance.
t18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 16:48   #392
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 980
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
Have downloaded a lot of games from samsung apps like "plants vs zombies", "bubble burst", "fruit ninja" etc. Now the question is "Do these games access internet ?". Cause my gprs packs validity expired and when I play any game, I am being charged from my main balance.
Why don' t you just switch of packat data? Then the phone won't be able to access internet using your data plan.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 12:01   #393
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 980
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Friends,

I've moved on to Android finally. I gave my Wave to my brother and took his Dell XCD35. It's no where near Wave in terms of hardware but is far ahead when we consider the OS and apps part.

I do miss the simplicity of bada OS as Android really really complex. I do look forward to bada 2.0 and hope it attracts more developers to bring the OS back to life (that will only be good for consumers overall).

Adieu.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 16:02   #394
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Friends,

I've moved on to Android finally. I gave my Wave to my brother and took his Dell XCD35. It's no where near Wave in terms of hardware but is far ahead when we consider the OS and apps part.

I do miss the simplicity of bada OS as Android really really complex. I do look forward to bada 2.0 and hope it attracts more developers to bring the OS back to life (that will only be good for consumers overall).

Adieu.
We will miss your inputs in this forum for sure. Thanks for all the support provided. I am also feeling to move to android but now any phone that I like has to be close to Wave with its specs. How i wish it was running Android
rajesh1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 12:06   #395
BHPian
 
driving_smartly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 476
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Flashed My Wave 723 With Bada 2.01 OS with leaked beta version. There is hardly any bug and found it stable from past two days of usage. The New OS is butter smooth no lag and good user interface compared to earlier version of 1.1.

Few Screen shots to follow
Attached Images
             
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 13:00   #396
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 413
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Flashed My Wave 723 With Bada 2.01 OS with leaked beta version. There is hardly any bug and found it stable from past two days of usage. The New OS is butter smooth no lag and good user interface compared to earlier version of 1.1.

Few Screen shots to follow
How? Please tell me the link where you downloaded it from and all steps to follow while doing it.
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2012, 11:16   #397
BHPian
 
driving_smartly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 476
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
How? Please tell me the link where you downloaded it from and all steps to follow while doing it.

Please Check the following link and do read the reviews about after flashing pros and cons. Personally I am happy with the upgrade and the link has flashing tutorial as well.

[Tutorial] Flashing Wave 723 to Bada 2.0

Would recommend to thoroughly go through the forum and take your decision as i read all threads related to wave 723 bada 2.0 upgrade and then made up my mind to go with it, it was 15 minutes hassle free work.

The downloaded firmware has Fota please include that in multiloded 5.65 while flashing as the flashing process guide given does not include the Fota.

I Have pm you the firmware download link

Last edited by driving_smartly : 11th February 2012 at 11:42.
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 15:44   #398
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
After the firmware update I did (mentioned in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2514371 (Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks)) there were occasional restarts of the phone.

But today all of a sudden, the phone is in a restart loop and Im unable to use it. The battery and phone is getting heated up like anything
Searched some bada forums which mentioned connecting to Kies and doing a vol down+ end key + camera key combo to do some restore , It didnt work for me.
Planning to take this to service center, but before that any solution that anybody knows for this here?
Again the same issue. This is irritating. Im starting to hate this phone
rajesh1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 13:24   #399
BHPian
 
infotech58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 629
Thanked: 216 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

are there any Wave III users on the forum? please provide feedback about the device.
i am currently a blackberry user and have decided to move away and experience change; within a limited budget of 20-21k, i was most impressed by Wave III; calls and emails make more than 70% of my usage and rest is gtalk, facebook, text, light browsing; i hope i would be able to use these functions without a fuss.
how good are maps on Wave III? any options/softwares available to enable turn by turn directions?
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:57   #400
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
are there any Wave III users on the forum? please provide feedback about the device.
i am currently a blackberry user and have decided to move away and experience change; within a limited budget of 20-21k, i was most impressed by Wave III; calls and emails make more than 70% of my usage and rest is gtalk, facebook, text, light browsing; i hope i would be able to use these functions without a fuss.
how good are maps on Wave III? any options/softwares available to enable turn by turn directions?

Hi Infotech,

I bought a wave 3, 1 week ago after using iphone from the past 3 years.

Hardware spec are a plus for thus device -- 4" SAMOLED screen,1.4ghz processor,inbuilt 3gb ( 2gb for system , 1gb USB drive) but the down side is the OS :(

Everything in the phone works good except there are not many apps available for BADA os.

Kies is the softwate to synch which is easy enough to use.

have heard a lot of GPS issues as there is no default GPS apps installed for the indian version (still looking to find one good software to use)

If you want thirdparty apps then do not go for this device as you will have a tough time to find one that you like or else this is a good phone.

fyi : I got mine for 15600 .

for more comparision check the below site.

Samsung Wave 3 vs Galaxy W

Zaveed
zaveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 09:06   #401
BHPian
 
infotech58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 629
Thanked: 216 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
...
I bought a wave 3, 1 week ago after using iphone from the past 3 years.
thanks for posting your review. i am not much into apps - just the core functionalities (phone, email, text, facebook, gtalk, maps) is most of my usage.

i was checking out the wave 3 the other day at croma and found that the Google Map access is through the browser, i could not, however actually load the maps as WiFi was not available at that location. could you please post some information about the Google Maps? speed of loading, interface, etc?
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 14:08   #402
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
thanks for posting your review. i am not much into apps - just the core functionalities (phone, email, text, facebook, gtalk, maps) is most of my usage.

i was checking out the wave 3 the other day at croma and found that the Google Map access is through the browser, i could not, however actually load the maps as WiFi was not available at that location. could you please post some information about the Google Maps? speed of loading, interface, etc?
You can use both wifi and gprs to load the maps on the wave. Though on GPRS things seem to be slow but on wifi they work, 3g also they work fine.

Interface is good enough, touch is sensitive enough. device has GPS but getting the GPS lock would take some time initially. In addition if you are inside the home and try to get a GPS lock it would not work (atleast for me) sky should be visible to get it as i heard. ( my iphone with out GPS was way better i would say, on the google maps if i click on find my location it used to find it a matter of seconds but on this phone it does not found it at all)

Ther are 3 tabs available for google app, 1 Search 2. Apps : Gmail,Maps,Calendar,Youtube,Pica, 3. Settings.

Zaveed
zaveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 23:14   #403
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gandhidham
Posts: 68
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
are there any Wave III users on the forum? please provide feedback about the device.
i am currently a blackberry user and have decided to move away and experience change; within a limited budget of 20-21k, i was most impressed by Wave III; calls and emails make more than 70% of my usage and rest is gtalk, facebook, text, light browsing; i hope i would be able to use these functions without a fuss.
how good are maps on Wave III? any options/softwares available to enable turn by turn directions?
Just today I traded my Omnia W with Wave-3. Just got tired of "TILES" plus some bugs. Now apart from the screen size the hardware of the two phones are similar. Since I use my phone for official needs the below point tuned me in favour of Wave-3.

Samsung Wave 3 S8600 battery life test is over, the scores are excellent - GSMArena Blog

Since I already own an Android (Nexus S) the lack of applications in market did not bother me, but I found out that most of the useful apps are present aplenty. So far so Good.
mrohit17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 14:14   #404
BHPian
 
vaibzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Guys, finally some good news!

Samsung has released Bada 2.0 for Wave II GT-S8530 on 4th April for India. Upgrade is through Kies

I'm upgrading now as i type this post, can't wait!
vaibzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 09:33   #405
BHPian
 
pareshraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
I'm upgrading now as i type this post, can't wait!
Have you been successful in upgrading to BADA 2.0 because I have the Wave 1 and did try an update yesterday but, it was just a minor upgrade and the phone is still running on 1.2.

I was quite hopeful that if they have released 2.0 for Wave 2 then, the same should have simultaneously happened for Wave 1 as they are similarly spec'd phones but, no luck.

Cheers
pareshraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Civic- Tips/Tricks/Hacks iTNerd Technical Stuff 125 14th June 2015 12:07
Samsung bada o/s : Will it take off muni Gadgets, Computers & Software 36 8th October 2010 21:22
Xbox hacks, tips and tricks needed DCEite Gadgets, Computers & Software 23 28th January 2009 01:45
New to 4 Wheelers and hope to learn good tips and tricks to maintain my car. tango6996 Introduce yourself 3 24th March 2007 12:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks