Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 12:49   #16
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,451
Thanked: 3,571 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Installed this app on my iphone yesterday and tried it out today on my way to work. Also got a chance to report a traffic jam on Bannerghatta Road too!
My Id is s1ngh, btw and i have also joined the tbhp group there.
what time were you on the road? i started from Ulsoor around 10am and reached EC1 at 11:15am! Waze didn't show any buddy's online!
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 13:38   #17
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,588 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
what time were you on the road? i started from Ulsoor around 10am and reached EC1 at 11:15am! Waze didn't show any buddy's online!
Our paths didnt cross then. I was at Trinity Circle around 9:15 AM. My normal route is Bannerghatta Road - Hosur Road - Trinity Circle - Hennur Road - Manyata.
It was a lonely drive for me too!
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 13:51   #18
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,451
Thanked: 3,571 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Our paths didnt cross then. I was at Trinity Circle around 9:15 AM. My normal route is Bannerghatta Road - Hosur Road - Trinity Circle - Hennur Road - Manyata.
It was a lonely drive for me too!
actually, i stay in OMBR layout (Banaswadi). today i had been to my mother-in-law's place to drop a few things, hence the start from Ulsoor. normally, i would be going from Banaswadi to Electronic City (OMBR layout > NGEF bypass > Indiranagar > IRR > Koramangala > Madivala > EC1). your route seems almost opposite!

what time do you normally reach Hennur side? i'll keep Waze open tomorrow to see if you show up on the map!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 18th October 2010 at 13:52.
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 14:05   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,588 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

what time do you normally reach Hennur side? i'll keep Waze open tomorrow to see if you show up on the map!
I was there a little earlier than usual today, otherwise i normally get there around 10. Lets see if we can spot each other tomorrow!

EDIT: Keeping this in mind:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-reported.html (Mugging in Bangalore roads - be careful! EDIT: More Incidents reported)
i am wondering how we can use this app to keep roads a little safer for each other.

Last edited by amitoj : 18th October 2010 at 14:17.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 14:30   #20
BHPian
 
ByDesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 438
Thanked: 240 Times
Default

Glad the app is helping T-BHP members out already! More Delhi users please! I drive to office and back every day and traffic/accident/police reports will be very helpful! There's a new delhi group too.

I'll join the team-bhp group today. Don't you guys agree its a great little app?
ByDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 14:39   #21
jav
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 194
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

This is a very nice app, just installed it yesterday, I also joined the team-bhp group and today afternoon could see IronH4WK in my map.

Last edited by jav : 18th October 2010 at 14:41.
jav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 14:54   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Hope this thing doesn't open up another pandoras box related to privacy. Is there any option of not being online and still use the navigation features?
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 15:07   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,673
Thanked: 2,911 Times
Default

Does this app support Blackberry Storm 9530? I checked the site but storm wasnt there in the supported handsets list. Anybody tried this with Storm? Kindly let me know.
Thanks
naveen.raju is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 15:29   #24
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,451
Thanked: 3,571 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I was there a little earlier than usual today, otherwise i normally get there around 10. Lets see if we can spot each other tomorrow!
10-4! i'm WFH tomorrow, but i'll see if i can show up at the Hennur cross. i'll try to be on the LHS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
i am wondering how we can use this app to keep roads a little safer for each other.
well, if one gets mugged he/she can provide an update so others can avoid that route! just kidding!

if don't know if this application allows canned messages - thereby, in event of emergency a BHPian can report a incident using canned message (obviously he/she won't get time to type to whole message) and folks nearby can assist or call for backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Don't you guys agree its a great little app?
it's an awesome app bro! thanks for sharing!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
This is a very nice app, just installed it yesterday, I also joined the team-bhp group and today afternoon could see IronH4WK in my map.
when did you see me on the map? was it around 12:45pm? i was fooling around with it before i went to lunch and surprisingly i got GPS reception inside our office!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Hope this thing doesn't open up another pandoras box related to privacy. Is there any option of not being online and still use the navigation features?
go through the guided tour - there is an option to remain anonymous.


Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Does this app support Blackberry Storm 9530? I checked the site but storm wasnt there in the supported handsets list. Anybody tried this with Storm? Kindly let me know.
Thanks
i think Blackberry isn't supported as yet. saw this in their FAQ section for supported phones: "In the future we are also planning to support BlackBerry devices, as well as other platforms."
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 17:26   #25
BHPian
 
Newpunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 648
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i think Blackberry isn't supported as yet. saw this in their FAQ section for supported phones: "In the future we are also planning to support BlackBerry devices, as well as other platforms."
There seems to be Beta version of the app available for Blackberry right now, but the supported phones are only Bold 9700, Tour 9630, Bold 9000 and Curve 8900.

Didn't realise Satguide was behind this venture. Seems like a nice idea.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 18:33   #26
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,588 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
This is a very nice app, just installed it yesterday, I also joined the team-bhp group and today afternoon could see IronH4WK in my map.
and i can see u online now, somewhere near Kasavanahalli Main rd. No idea where that is though.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 19:02   #27
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,451
Thanked: 3,571 Times
Default

on the Live Map on www.waze.com, i could just now see three people online in the Bangalore area - hayat, nitin g and maggu. any of these BHPians?
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 19:51   #28
BHPian
 
devrajman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 504
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

I installed the app. Its loaded with features, however it slow (map rendering). Im using my home wifi and standing in balcony for GPS locking.

I see 3-4 team-bhp members online, like Prasant, Jav-BHP, shamhegde.

Cool app, lets see how usefull it is in actual conditions.

Also, i think it demands heavy data usage.

There are few other groups im exploring...
devrajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 20:23   #29
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,451
Thanked: 3,571 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
I installed the app. Its loaded with features, however it slow (map rendering). Im using my home wifi and standing in balcony for GPS locking.

I see 3-4 team-bhp members online, like Prasant, Jav-BHP, shamhegde.

Cool app, lets see how usefull it is in actual conditions.

Also, i think it demands heavy data usage.

There are few other groups im exploring...
hey are you seeing the other wazeiers on the phone or on the website? i started Waze on my phone and kept it outside, but it isn't showing up on the Live Map on the site :(
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 21:44   #30
BHPian
 
ByDesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 438
Thanked: 240 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Hope this thing doesn't open up another pandoras box related to privacy. Is there any option of not being online and still use the navigation features?
Yep. There's an option to remain anonymous on the map. Furthermore, you can choose if you don't want to be pinged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Does this app support Blackberry Storm 9530? I checked the site but storm wasnt there in the supported handsets list. Anybody tried this with Storm? Kindly let me know.
Thanks
My friend could download the beta version on his curve 8520.

Glad you guys are enjoying this! I wish there were more people online in Delhi! It'd be pretty cool to keep each other updated on the traffic situations and stuff. Plus I've created a 'New Delhi Wazers' group to keep delhi team-bhp roadsters well informed!

Good luck and lets keep this alive!
ByDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In Dash Navigation vs Navigation Module vs Separate Navigation SirAlec In-Car Entertainment 27 20th January 2014 22:19
India to have its own Satellite Navigation system soon! smartcat Shifting gears 31 3rd April 2013 15:41
Skoda Superb - Satellite Navigation integration? PM - B In-Car Entertainment 4 25th March 2012 18:16
Nokia offering maps and navigation for free joecherian Gadgets, Computers & Software 132 23rd September 2011 16:32
Hyundai launches i20 with satellite navigation h@r$h@l The Indian Car Scene 87 3rd June 2011 13:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks