Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 18th October 2010, 22:37   #31
BHPian

Looks like a cool app. I am just waiting for my external GPS receiver to arrive from US. Once i get it, i'll connect it with my Nokia 5530 and start using this app.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 23:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

I've been using it all the time I drive, and have had two cookies and a whole bunch of that Pacman-kinda-stuff

My groups-blues is still irritating me- I cannot see the first team-BHP group I created! The second group that I created has just me as member!

Have posted in their forum, lets see how that goes...
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 23:15   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
My groups-blues is still irritating me- I cannot see the first team-BHP group I created! The second group that I created has just me as member!

Have posted in their forum, lets see how that goes...
i think its case sensitive. when i tried to login as Ironh4wk, it didn't allow me. had to type the username as given when registering. did you try Team-BHP?
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 23:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

The search does not seem case sensitive - when I searched for Team-BHP, it returned with my group www<dot>team-bhp<dot>com, albeit the one with only me and not the one I had created earlier.

EDIT: Found this interesting guided tour. Turn your speakers on!

http://www.waze.com/guided_tour/

Last edited by ph03n!x : 18th October 2010 at 23:51.
Old 19th October 2010, 01:30   #35
BHPian

Check out this video on waze by Diane. Shez a "community geographer" with waze (what a designation)

quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 11:51   #36
BHPian

Anybody tried this on Nokia E63 or any other Nokia keypad phones? When I open 'Groups', the page is blank. I have no options to search or add.
Yet to try this outdoors.
zteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 12:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

How much data does it upload/download (other than the application)? I have Vodafone Mobile Connect (VMC) 250 plan (100MB Free) running with my Vodafone.

My phone (Samsung OmniaPRO GT-B7320 Windows phone) is not listed there - will it work. The phone supports GPS application.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 12:32   #38
BHPian

Installed on my Asus P526. Worked good. I guess it needs faster/powerful processor than what is in my phone as it freezes sometimes on hitting menus and multi tasking is almost not possible when Waze runs.
I liked the 'Resume in 30 seconds' option. Useful.
shyamhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 14:21   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
How much data does it upload/download (other than the application)? I have Vodafone Mobile Connect (VMC) 250 plan (100MB Free) running with my Vodafone.

My phone (Samsung OmniaPRO GT-B7320 Windows phone) is not listed there - will it work. The phone supports GPS application.
For now, I think it supports iphone OS, BBerry OS, and Android. Not sure about windows. You'd best be informed by the websites support.

My phone (moto milestone/droid) has a satellite uplink option that uses satellites to fix my location instead of using the GPRS or Edge data connection. I think this helps speed up my waze app a lot. The data transfer is used just for streaming the map. Plus I'm quite sure my 2GB data pack is enough for waze.
ByDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 14:44   #40
BHPian

Saw the site. Looks like an excellent & very innovative idea. Heck, if people can waste hours on social networks doing nothing, they can definitely use social networking for something productive like this.

Im in the same boat as Naveen.Raju at the moment as im using a BB Storm2. Will wait till it gets support from Waze & try it as soon as its available.

P.S. - This would be awesomely convenient for BHP Meets
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 16:58   #41
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Just downloaded to my e71 and joined team bhp group. Application is running a bit slow. Idea is great.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 19:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

My groups problem is solved!!
Can now see 25 members in the group - we are 3 less for to be in the top, herez to BHPians!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Anybody tried this on Nokia E63 or any other Nokia keypad phones? When I open 'Groups', the page is blank. I have no options to search or add.
Yet to try this outdoors.
When I open groups from my E72, it says Groups functionality is not available for my phone yet. I used the website (desktop) to join the group.
Old 19th October 2010, 20:54   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When I open groups from my E72, it says Groups functionality is not available for my phone yet. I used the website (desktop) to join the group.
same here. had to join the group from the laptop.

hopefully, they'll fix the sluggishness in newer versions. i set the map display to 2D, but still there is slight sluggishness. this inspite of a 1Ghz processor!
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 21:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
My groups problem is solved!!
Can now see 25 members in the group - we are 3 less for to be in the top, herez to BHPians!!!

Even i did the same . Now are you guys able to see it on the groups page (mobile)?
zteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 21:51   #45
BHPian

Guys I have installed the software in my E71 but its pretty sluggish. I will be joing the group by tonight as its tough to do it by mobile. Hope to catch some of the TBHPians from chennai soon. Guys any idea on the battery drain.. What I have observed is that this application is resource hungry? I am not sure if any one else has observed the battery drain if so please share your experience here.

Last edited by ElantraGT : 19th October 2010 at 21:52.
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote