Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

View Poll Results: MNP: Will you switch operators ?
Yes, I will definitely switch. I think there is a better service provider available in the market. 148 34.91%
Nopes, I am happy with my mobile operator so won't switch. 105 24.76%
No, I will not switch. I am not happy with my operator but I know the others are equally bad. 83 19.58%
Not Sure: Will wait and watch. 88 20.75%
Voters: 424. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2nd February 2011, 15:56   #211
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Mobile Number Portability: Will you switch operators?

I went to the reliance mobile office/shop. Same place where you submit the forms.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:10   #212
BHPian

My folks have a WLL wireless Line, which had unlimited free calls to any phone on Reliance network on CDMA. Anyone knows if I can swtich to GSM and the same scheme can continue if the number remains same.
manavdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 19:07   #213
Team-BHP Support

I think the Reliance WLL free call scheme extends to all Reliance numbers, not just CDMA.
If it does not, they can disconnect the land line, and get the 900rs On net pack which is a cell phone with unlimited free calls to any reliance phone anywhere in India.
Old 2nd February 2011, 19:21   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
My folks have a WLL wireless Line, which had unlimited free calls to any phone on Reliance network on CDMA. Anyone knows if I can swtich to GSM and the same scheme can continue if the number remains same.
I think you need to choose from existing plans available.

While porting from CDMA to GSM, I lost my tariff plan with one second billing while roaming. Now I have to settle with Rs. 1/in coming; Rs. 1.5 outgoing tariff while roaming though I get a 1 sec billing on home network.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 16:51   #215
Team-BHP Support

I called up reliance customer care today inquiring about what happened to my number portability request for CDMA to GSM. Apparently, it will take a few days more due to "technical issues",
I am wondering, what happened to the TRAI directive of "If should be done within 7 days"?

What happens if it is not done within 7 days. Where do I lodge a complaint or something?
Old 4th February 2011, 18:36   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Mobile Number Portability | MNP Charges Rules | How To Change | Idea Reliance BSNL - Oneindia News

Your link shows the no of people who WANTto port while the above link shows the no of users already ported
11 lakh customers opt for MNP, says cnnibn.

Eleven lakh mobile subscribers opt for MNP - Tech News - IBNLive
xotiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 18:48   #217
BHPian

I changed one of my number ( Idea ) to Tata Docomo ! Reason : Great tariffs ! Also there are lots of people around me having docomo no.
fz_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 18:55   #218
BHPian

Switched from Reliance CDMA to Vodafone. Smooth process
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 20:31   #219
Senior - BHPian

More than 11 lakh subscribers have opted for MNP so far:

MNP launch: 11 lakh subscribers switched operators - NDTV Profit

Impressive.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 08:51   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I called up reliance customer care today inquiring about what happened to my number portability request for CDMA to GSM. Apparently, it will take a few days more due to "technical issues",
I am wondering, what happened to the TRAI directive of "If should be done within 7 days"?

What happens if it is not done within 7 days. Where do I lodge a complaint or something?
I got a call from customer care yesterday saying that due to technical reasons the process will take few more days. As per the latest info, it will happen only on Monday (total 12 days!!)
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 12:47   #221
Senior - BHPian

i had applied to switch 2 nos from CDMA tata to GSM tata. one number got shifted within 7 days. but the other has become a pain. its 14th day today.
everyday i call them they say some numbers are stuck and its a pilot lot so facing some problem and blah blah.

i think they lack capability to port huge amount of nos.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 12:57   #222
BHPian

looks like the poll is heading pretty evenly matched. I am going to wait and watch.
ajman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 18:02   #223
Senior - BHPian

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Ive been using BPL Mobile/Loop Mobile since the past eight years and their service was pretty good when they were 'BPL Mobile' but deteriorated to a large extent when they became 'Loop Mobile'. Ive been having major issues with my Dad's number which gets zero network at his office while his colleagues using other service providers are enjoying full network. So imagine my Dad not being able to use his cell phone from 9am to 6pm for 5 days a week and Loop Mobile continues to send us bills every month without solving the problem. Complaint was made 3 months ago and after 3 months have past they have called us and told us that nothing can be done as they don't have a tower there. My Dad and myself moving to Vodafone. Porting procedure done 10 days ago but not in Vodafone network yet. However, got a message from Vodafone saying that the porting has been rejected due to some contractual obligation or something.

Called up Vodafone who told me to contact Loop. Called up Loop (my one point contact Mr. Shrinivas Pogle) and he told me that because they give me freebees on certain services like minutes free, itemized billing free, CLIP, etc that I am in some contract and it will expire only in May 2011 so I will have to wait till then. I was furious and told him that he will have to show me the contract that I have signed. The call dropped or was disconnected and I couldn't get in touch with this fellow again. I suspect that these mobile operators are unnecessarily harassing customers to retain them. This kind of behavior is obviously not gonna help them.

Called up Vodafone just now for an update on the same and they told me that it will be done in 24hrs latest. No one said anything about any rejection.
Hi guys,

Just an update on the above which is pretty disappointing to say the least. After a lot of haggling, Loop Mobile has finally told me that I will not be able to port my number for another year as I have been a long term customer (08 yrs) and have been enjoying freebies as a result of the same. They claim that as per TRAI rules, numbers enjoying such freebies are not eligible for porting. They have however released my Dad's number for porting and have asked me to resend the porting request which I did today at the Vodafone outlet and have been told that my Dad's number will be ported after 07 days but gave me no information about my number and have again asked me to contact Loop Mobile for the same. I asked the Vodafone executive about whether this rule is applicable to all service providers and surprisingly she replied in the affirmative.

Firstly, is this rule by TRAI true? If it is, don't you guys feel it is unfair to have such a rule as a customer is forced to use a service which he/she is not satisfied with?
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 18:27   #224
Senior - BHPian

Have you tried converting to Loop mobile pre-paid? Porting will be possible after that.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 19:59   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi guys,

Just an update on the above which is pretty disappointing to say the least. After a lot of haggling, Loop Mobile has finally told me that I will not be able to port my number for another year as I have been a long term customer (08 yrs) and have been enjoying freebies as a result of the same. They claim that as per TRAI rules, numbers enjoying such freebies are not eligible for porting. They have however released my Dad's number for porting and have asked me to resend the porting request which I did today at the Vodafone outlet and have been told that my Dad's number will be ported after 07 days but gave me no information about my number and have again asked me to contact Loop Mobile for the same. I asked the Vodafone executive about whether this rule is applicable to all service providers and surprisingly she replied in the affirmative.

Firstly, is this rule by TRAI true? If it is, don't you guys feel it is unfair to have such a rule as a customer is forced to use a service which he/she is not satisfied with?
if you ask me, this is a bunch of cock n bull story and the other operators are pitching in coz they'll be telling their customers the same thing to their customers who try to defect. btw, what freebies did you enjoy that you're operator is referring to (if you can share)?

i've been with Airtel for more than 10yrs (got two numbers) and if i want to change and if they come up with these kind of stories, i'll shove the two SIM cards up their place where the birds don't sing and the sun don't shine! i ain't giving into 'em that easy! if i've to lose my number, so be it.
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote