Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

View Poll Results: MNP: Will you switch operators ?
Yes, I will definitely switch. I think there is a better service provider available in the market. 148 34.91%
Nopes, I am happy with my mobile operator so won't switch. 105 24.76%
No, I will not switch. I am not happy with my operator but I know the others are equally bad. 83 19.58%
Not Sure: Will wait and watch. 88 20.75%
Voters: 424. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th April 2011, 11:41   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Mobile Number Portability: Will you switch operators?

Applied for this almost two weeks ago, from Airtel to DoCoMo. I am yet to move!
Hope it happens this week.

Moving to DoCoMo as BIS plan is cheaper.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 13:51   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Good one sbala, but with airtel you have to be street smart to enjoy the low rates (don't have any idea about vodafone though), one small blip and they will rip you off. I am using skycell/airtel for the last 11 years and I know how to get the best of them.
Can you elaborate on the highlighted bit ?
rishab.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 17:36   #273
Senior - BHPian

okay , I think this would be the right thread for me to share what happened between me and vodafone.

Last month I activated VMC 199 plan on my postpaid number hoping that I would get 3GB data free.But it turned out that i have activated an old plan in which I would be charged 5p/10kb and nothing free. I didn't do anything but just complained on www.complaints.core.nic.in and it worked. I got a call from Vodafone nodal officer that my data charges would be waived off. But that didn't happen,so i wrote them a mail.
Here is the zest of what happened.
Quote:
Dear Mr. XXXX,
First my details,
Vodafone No : 988XXXXXX
Name : XXXXXXX
Complaint No : Not provided by your customer care executive.
ISSUE : I had activated the VMC 199 plan on my above number with 3GB data
free. It turned out that I have activated the old plan on which I will be
charged 5p/10kb and will get nothing free.
On my complaint, Ms. XXXXX from your nodal team had called on 7th April
2011, stating that all the data charges would be waived off when the bill
generation would take place on 8th April 2011. She promised she would call back on 8th April. But that didn't happen. The call had come from
988XXXXXXX. Since then, I have tried to contact her many times but nobody answers this phone.
I then called your Customer care and told them the same. As far as I
remember, I spoke to Ms. XXXX and she told that the same waiver would be effected on next 48hrs. That also didn't happen. I again called your
customer care, this time I was told that there's no data free on my plan and that the issue has been escalated and I would be contacted within 24hrs. It's been more than 72 hrs since, nobody has contacted again.
I again called today and I was told there is no complaint listed on my name and phone number. The way things works at Vodafone, I guess zoozoo himself would not be able to help.
Please resolve this issue at the earliest.I have been with you guys since
2004, and if you won't be happy to help, I would be very happy to port.
I will see to it that I take this matter to logical conclusion, be it by
legal or other means.
Thanks & regards,
XXXXX
988XXXXXXX
I had sent this mail yesterday and today a person from Vodafone called and my issue was resolved.
Here is the mail I received from Vodafone after the telecon.
Quote:
Dear Mr. XXXXX
Thank you for your email dated 18/04/11 about the services for your Vodafone number 9885XXXXXX.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
This is with reference to the telephonic conversation with Mr. XXXXXX today, regarding services and bill clarification for your Vodafone number.
We wish to confirm you, that the waiver of Rs. 511.79/- (with service tax) has been credited to your account towards the Vodafone mobile connect charges on 19/04/11.
The same will reflect in your forth coming bill (first page adjustment column) dated 08/05/11.
We wish to inform, that based on your request we have activated Vodafone mobile connect service with 2 GB VMC + VL free at monthly rental Rs. 99/- for your Vodafone number, effective 20/04/11.
We hope we have addressed your query to the best of your satisfaction.
In case you need further assistance, please do call or email us. We'll do our best to help you.

Happy to help
Look at the text in bold, they didn't have this plan before and said they are still not offering it to everybody. I wonder why? They used to have minimum 199/- for 3GB . But now I am happy.
I had decided to port to Tata Docomo, they have amazing plans and topup and also VFM data packages like 50/- for 1GB.
I know I won't be using even 1GB of this 2GB, but I am happy that Vodafone sticked to their words. and yes, I love zoozoo's
EDIT: This waiver of 511/- is after 50% discount on my total data charges of 928/-

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 19th April 2011 at 17:38.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 17:55   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Got my mobile ported from vodafone to Airtel for the very basic reason - Better Network ..
Had to fight with Vodafone to come out of it.. Bonus : Got a cheaper plan in Airtel

Read this blog:
Cloud Nine and Two Thirds

Don't get carried away by cheaper plans. Airtel is not a good one to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
I am using Airtel for past 7 years and very much satidfied with the service...

Still I love Airtel for its Better coverage, responsive Customer Care (little doubtful), attractive call rates
I think you are a rare species. Most of the people whom i talk to regularly and on Airtel, are in the process of switching, or already done switching from Airtel to others. The so called Customer Care Executives know hardly anything about serving customers, and their customer care is best explained as sending out SMS that say, "we've received your email on so-and-so date, and will be replying to it in 4 days". Customer Care is a mirage.

Last edited by silversteed : 19th April 2011 at 18:01.
silversteed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 20:09   #275
BHPian

[] Have any of the folks on the board migrated from Reliance CDMA service to Reliance GSM service?

[] If so how is the quality of connectivity on the GSM network vis-a-vis the service quality on the CDMA network? Is it at par , below par or above par?

Will appreciate any feedback as I am contemplating the switch and am wondering if it is worth the bother.

Regards
RS_DEL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 21:30   #276
Team-BHP Support

I think fellow moderator tsk1979 did. Please check with him / search this thread
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 21:37   #277
Team-BHP Support

Yes, I have switched from reliance CDMA to GSM.
Since I was already used to reliance, I am ok.
At some places, GSM network is worse than the CDMA one, so it depends on where you live. I suggest you spend 100rs on a prepaid sim of GSM, use it for incoming calls at places you frequent, and then decide.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 09:52   #278
BHPian

On my reliance Walky I get a message almost everyday about announcement of they installing a new GSM tower and the area it was Installed. If that can be trusted then they are expanding big time.
Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 10:02   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
[] Have any of the folks on the board migrated from Reliance CDMA service to Reliance GSM service?
[] If so how is the quality of connectivity on the GSM network vis-a-vis the service quality on the CDMA network? Is it at par , below par or above par?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
At some places, GSM network is worse than the CDMA one, so it depends on where you live. I suggest you spend 100rs on a prepaid sim of GSM, use it for incoming calls at places you frequent, and then decide.
I am the poor soul who migrated from rel cdma to rel gsm and now its.....

There is no connectivity/poor connectivity where my work place is.
As of now, rel gsm is no no for me and thinking to migrate to another service next this month.

I think it will be better if one try the method that tsk suggested to test the connectivity.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 15th May 2011 at 10:03.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 17:15   #280
Senior - BHPian

Here is my experience of trying out different operators before porting.

I am on vodafone and wanted to shift, so I got myself 2 prepaid sims from docomo and idea.

Docomo has pathetic network on par with reliance gsm. customer care is even more pathetic than their network.

Idea network is pretty solid, worked very well. As good or bad as my existing vodafone network, maybe slightly better in low vodafone network areas. Customer care better than reliance and docomo.

What I did was to stick with vodafone. Why? Their customer care is leagues ahead of anyone else here in Mumbai.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th May 2011 at 23:40. Reason: corrected typo
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 22:31   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Docomo has pathetic network on par with reliance gsm. customer care is even more pathetic than their network.
Thanks for this info. I was assuming that Reliance GSM has the worst network and customer care and planning to move to Docomo. Now I need to check with other service providers as well.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 22:05   #282
BHPian

Hi, I intend to port from Idea to Vodaphone. I had sent the SMS for porting in required format but Idea is not sending me any Unique Porting Code. I tried it twice. Has anyone experienced similar thing? What is option available to me? I don't think customer care would be very helpful here. They have to serve a customer who does not wish to stay with them.
shipnil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 20:38   #283
BHPian

Migrated from Reliance CDMA to T24 in May. T24 service is by Tata Docomo and is not very stable in my home area, but atleast I am not getting ripped off.
abdriver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 15:07   #284
BHPian

Angry re: Mobile Number Portability: Will you switch operators?

Hello Team,

Going with the rush and the unwanted subscription packs been activated on my 6 months old Reliance GSM Delhi region number, I applied for the MNP on 10 June.I wanted to port to Airtel.Airtel executive came and handed over the sim to me on 13th June.After that I went to the Reliance webworld, asking them about the unbilled amount to be paid in order to get handed over to Airtel smoothly.But when I looked at the pc screen after giving the webworld executive my number and MNP reference to Airtel, a pop up message occurred and she told me that please wait till the bill is generated on 14th but as per my knowledge the bill is generated on 26th of every month.Hence I came back.

Now when I contacted the Airtel customer care they told that they havent got any request of intimation from Reliance.And same was the case when I went to Reliance customer care.

On 17th June Reliance told me that there is some error no. 102 and the porting cant be done and for further info I have to go to webworld.Pissed off by this circular statements I dropped the idea about the MNP.

On 28th June I got the sms from Reliance about the bill generation and so I logged in to the site and looked in to the details of the bill.And they did it again,some sports pack activated.I called the customer care and hence blasted off the executive in the very first minute.It happened to me in the month of April where they activated 3 subscription packs related to health,sports and business updates costing 99 INR each means almost 300 INR rise in the rent without my knowledge.At that time they apologized but before that they tried to be smart and told that this month rent have to be paid and for the next 6 months I will be getting 100 INR waiver in my bill.

So to cut the long story short I accepted this and warned them that this should not happen again in future.But yesterday when I saw the bill online then I was totally out of control called cc and blasted off and asked for the shut down of this mobile number.The executive again shifted the call to the relationship department but this time It was my anger which was over powering me.

I refused to listen to anything and wanted the request number for the disconnection request.He tried his level best but all in vein.Since my office area was also not getting proper signals from day 1, in-spite of repeated requests and complaints.And to make the matter worse my home area is having the BTS hardly 100 m away, but GSM signals gets absent for more than 18 hours.Hence enough was enough I wanted to dump this number with 007 in the last

Went to Airtel center yesterday in the evening and got the new postpaid connection with 666 in the end and did the first call at 12 pm today.Lets see whats next but over all experience was really disheartening since this Government is running this country like a private company in which no one is allowed to raise the voice and only option available is to suffer in one way or the other.

Regards,
Lalit Tyagi
T Y A G I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 10:56   #285
BHPian

I changed my operator from Tata Indicom to Tata docomo.
I sent the sms and within half an hour I got the docking no.
It took a weeks time for the number to get activated.
After using the network from Docomo for 3days it stopped working.
Contacting the customer care was told documentation submitted was not
adequate.So resubmitted the documents 3days back and activation is
still pending.Repeated calls only gets an answer that number
portability problems are persisting and be patient it will get activated in 1-2days.

Last edited by gajadonga : 8th July 2011 at 10:58.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote