Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

View Poll Results: MNP: Will you switch operators ?
Yes, I will definitely switch. I think there is a better service provider available in the market. 148 34.91%
Nopes, I am happy with my mobile operator so won't switch. 105 24.76%
No, I will not switch. I am not happy with my operator but I know the others are equally bad. 83 19.58%
Not Sure: Will wait and watch. 88 20.75%
Voters: 424. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd April 2009, 20:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

I can't wait to!
I've been stuck with Aircel only because of the ultra fancy number I have.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Probably not. But it's nice to have the option to. Power to the people!
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

im on bsnl..
even though there are lot of small glitches..
im kinda loyal to them and stick to their services.
You are always assured when a government is running an organization
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:56   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I've had airtel and Vodafone (was hutch before the take-over) and both are equally good at the worst degree of service and customer care.

I'm with Idea now. I reside in a residential area within the city limts but it's painful to use the cell inside the house. The network sucks... calls get disconnected almost at every instant unless i am near a window. Had the same issue with airtel too. Complained regularly to airtel then and now to Idea and the response... new tower coming up soon saar. We have forwarded your complaint to the tech dept. The reception indicator is never full.

Had a BSNL post paid connection. Never had any such issues with their service. Signal was full even in remote areas.

IMO, Penalties levied on malpractices and harrassment towards consumers need to be strict, financially heavy on the service provider and possibly even a suspension of tax benefits/rebate's if any. This would teach a nice lesson to all those players, big and small, to behave right, and treat consumers with repsect.

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd April 2009 at 20:58.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 22:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

when number portability comes in. each operator will try ways to keep their subscribers happy. hence i shall wait and watch, and see how they try to win me back (an unlimited internet plan, maybe ;-)
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 22:35   #21
Team-BHP Support

man i was waiting for this for so long. switched to vodafone keeping the same last 5 digits of my old no. was on loop/bpl mobile. the most horrible. if people think vodafone has call drops use bpl then you will know. 99% of the time u have to dial twice or the other person cant hear u or vice versa.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 22:49   #22
BHPian

i wont change my provider, dolphin rates are the best, - 30 paise to anyone in maharashtra.
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 23:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

When will Mobile Number Portability be established ?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:44   #24
BHPian

Would switch at the drop of a hat once number portability comes through. Have had a very harrowing time with airtel. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...omer-care.html
d3mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 02:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I've had airtel and Vodafone (was hutch before the take-over) and both are equally good at the worst degree of service and customer care.

I'm with Idea now. I reside in a residential area within the city limts but it's painful to use the cell inside the house. The network sucks... calls get disconnected almost at every instant unless i am near a window. Had the same issue with airtel too. Complained regularly to airtel then and now to Idea and the response... new tower coming up soon saar. We have forwarded your complaint to the tech dept. The reception indicator is never full.

Had a BSNL post paid connection. Never had any such issues with their service. Signal was full even in remote areas.

IMO, Penalties levied on malpractices and harrassment towards consumers need to be strict, financially heavy on the service provider and possibly even a suspension of tax benefits/rebate's if any. This would teach a nice lesson to all those players, big and small, to behave right, and treat consumers with repsect.
Sorry to hear that Idea dosen't seem to be a good Idea in your area. But you have to admit it is the best network in Poona. Prior to Idea, my main number was Airtel, and it was one of the worst things that happened in my life. After that Idea was like a god send! Works almost everywhere I'v gone... where Airtel and even Reliance don't work. The network is reliable and service is good (not the call centre... that sux like most others). I'm not saying its perfect... no ways... but its MUCH better than any other operator in this circle.

No question of changing operators for me.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:32   #26
BHPian

I've traditionally been an Airtel user for over 10 years now. I have not had too much cause for complains. But recently there has just toooooooo much call drops which is very irritating. But as I believe all other GSM providers here have similar issues, I would not be keen to change my service provider. Better to live with a known devil.
DriverR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:51   #27
BHPian

I have been using AIRTEL since 1996 and I am very happy with there service and the plans I have, also, all the other mobile phones in the family run on AIRTEL and have same internet and talk plans.

We just pay 99rs a month for an unlimited internet usage.

I am not sure if any other company will give me unlimited internet at 99rs a month.

So therefore switching is a big no for me.
Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Airtel lifetime prepaid needs you to use atleast 200 bucks in 180 days.
Meeting that is an issue for me.

I don't really care about the mobile phone.
Its the PDA functionality I use.
Oh so I am not the only Nutcase .

Got a call from Vodaphone last month. Caller said would you like to switch to post paid with low call rates ?

She was speechless to hear that my usage was like 20 Rs for last month and even that was for GPRS. Of course call ended there.

For me, my phone is more of a PDA that I use to run GPS + Email + Tons of J2ME things + Hacking + Reading T-BHP through RSS.

Have set it to download all threads from T-BHP / Desicritics / few other sites, every night.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:12   #29
BHPian

Since I never venture out of the city,I'll stay with Vodafone.Airtel,Vodafone,Idea are all the same inside the city limits.
chase_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:18   #30
BHPian

I use Airtel but the only reason I will not switch is that in my current plan I have full GPRS @ 199 per month with unlimited download which is currently a steal but if GPRS rates fall i may switch to others if they are giving good connectivity.
dkhatau is offline   Reply With Quote