Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 16th December 2009, 12:56   #1846
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Welcome to the 9700 club, its just the two of us for now But i'm sure it's gonna be a large bunch in due time.
How much did you did the phone for? From where?

Surprisingly, I find the javelin keypad much more comfy. The click sound on the javelin is irritating but besides that the keypad feedback and separate gaps make it more comfy for long typing.
thanks. got it for 28.5k from heera panna. the person who was supposed to get my phone from the us had already left for india so i just decided to buy it here.

lots of people seem to be buying this phone. 4 of my friends already have it.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 13:15   #1847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
thanks. got it for 28.5k from heera panna. the person who was supposed to get my phone from the us had already left for india so i just decided to buy it here.

lots of people seem to be buying this phone. 4 of my friends already have it.
Oh great, so the prices have come down to realistic levels. Last I heard it was 37ish. Is your phone factory unlocked or does it have an operator logo at the bottom like mine?

I'm sure the Javelin prices must have come down if the Bold is now 28? Has the new Tour hit the market, the one with the trackpad? It looks veryyy similar to the 9700!
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 14:03   #1848
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh great, so the prices have come down to realistic levels. Last I heard it was 37ish. Is your phone factory unlocked or does it have an operator logo at the bottom like mine?
mine has tmobile written on the bottom. i think the factory unlocked ones are about 3-4k more.
Old 16th December 2009, 14:45   #1849
BHPian

Akshay : what would be the price difference between heera panna and Alpha? secondly there are ample of shops in heera panna, which one should the buyer choose.
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 14:55   #1850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I'm sure the Javelin prices must have come down if the Bold is now 28? Has the new Tour hit the market, the one with the trackpad? It looks veryyy similar to the 9700!
My Javelin cost me Rs. 26,990 retail at Vodafone.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 16:20   #1851
BHPian

@pranavt,

Javelin is 23500/- in retail stores all over, unlocked with bill and warranty, box packed Redington imported.
anmolbedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 17:01   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
One more thing - How can keep my Msgs - SMS and my email from different accounts all separate.
I have 3 icons - msg, gmail n blackberry accounts, the msgs have all the conversations, ie. mails, messenger, gtalk,... I saw the settings for this somewhere dunno where. I have an 8800.
Johnda bhai.
Go to the message icon --- open it --- press BB key and look for options --- now under display options you will find a option which reads SMS and Emails seperate --- choose YES as a option and you will be ok.
Cheers.
Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 18:31   #1853
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Akshay : what would be the price difference between heera panna and Alpha? secondly there are ample of shops in heera panna, which one should the buyer choose.
both should be about the same. i go to a shop called sound out. lol ive given them sales of 3 new bolds in 3 days.
Old 16th December 2009, 18:46   #1854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
@pranavt,

Javelin is 23500/- in retail stores all over, unlocked with bill and warranty, box packed Redington imported.
Got it through a job, did not have an option.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 03:19   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Johnda bhai.
Go to the message icon --- open it --- press BB key and look for options --- now under display options you will find a option which reads SMS and Emails seperate --- choose YES as a option and you will be ok.
Cheers.
thanks Bubby, it worked. any hope on getting my older mail from my Gmail Inbox?
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 11:37   #1856
BHPian

one more thing: i'm trying my best to get google sync to get my gmail contacts. but because my (only emails) BBplan has no browser i can't download the simple application for my address book pertaining to my emails.
I may have to take the 3 times more plan to get my basic plugins and apps to run this phone. why is this such a pain.
I dont want to sound like its the spending thats the issue, I'm all mad at this narrow and sledging system between BB and service provider.

Does any body have ideas to fix this
Old 17th December 2009, 11:53   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Does any body have ideas to fix this
Hey johnda, even I got this cultural shock when I moved BB services ( 899 p.m.
plan ) from a unlimited mobile office ( 99 p.m. ).
When using a BB handset you don't have many choices, you will have to go for BB unlimited internet plan, so as to you can use internet anywhere you want to.
Email only plan will won't allow you download any application.
Old 17th December 2009, 12:00   #1858
Senior - BHPian

299 plans are mostly email and messenger only BB service, people who are mostly online on a PC will be happy with this plan as BB works as a back up whenever there is a requirement. I have used 899 plan for almost an year only because there was no 299 plan available at that time. Now I find the lower plan is a blessing, but considering your requirements (johnda), you might need the 899 plan. Try using both (1 month each) and select what suits your needs, that would be the best thing to do.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 00:58   #1859
BHPian

yes guys, you're right. about the unlimited plans.
The 899 is not yet available with Idea. its 1100. but come the 1st of Jan things might be different.
The complications still loom coz the High talk Voice plan I'm on is not available for BB!! I got to change my voice plan - (why not change the service provider huh?) LOL
I think i'll be bald by the time my BB starts working!

@Bubby - with a 299 GPRS plan the browser on the iphone was rocking and i had 1.5 gigs of download too. Plus Mail.. but not chats and 'real time' stuff.

My next hurdle is getting my MAC to sync with the BB, dunno how I'm going to get my email Ids from my Mac..
I have the desktop manager but syncs only my address book (tel numbers)
I might have to update each contact; but there are many mail Ids that dont have tel numbers - AAAAHHHHHAAA
Old 18th December 2009, 11:16   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
I have the desktop manager but syncs only my address book (tel numbers)
I might have to update each contact; but there are many mail Ids that dont have tel numbers - AAAAHHHHHAAA
Johnda bhai. Relax. There is a option in desktop manager wherein you can choose and drag whatever fields you want to sync. Add/Drag whatever fields you want sync in and sync again.

Kindly explore the desktop manager, you dont update each contact manually.