Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 25th March 2011, 18:13   #3256
BHPian

Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

I was looking for a movie convertor for my BB and stumbled upon this software (HAMSTER).

I had a movie converted in few mins and the best part is, it played on my BB full screen

so download and install the SW > choose the file > choose the phone > convert.

Will try to post few screenshots of the movie

(Running on BB 9300)
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 22:23   #3257
BHPian

Hi Guys,recently bought BB 8520 for 9850/. i am on unlimited prepaid vodafone plan monthly 399/ .I tried playing "youtube" but it says there is an error. do i have to download any software?
thanks
Rameshdude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 19:53   #3258

Youtube videos should play in your default video player on the bberry curve 8520. Try connecting to a WIFI network and check if it plays the video. No software is required to play youtube on bberry although there are a few available on blackberry app world.
amaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 20:16   #3259
BHPian

@Ramesh On my 9300 it doesnt work. With 3G i was able to play first few seconds and then the video stopped.
Val did told us the other day (do a search) that youtube will be played via Airtel live so it will attract charges. Tread carefully.
Old 29th March 2011, 10:47   #3260
BHPian

Question Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Received a mailer from naaptol.com of an offer of Rs.11,999 for BB 9530 (unlocked for any gsm) with 3G. Is it still a good buy? Release date is 2008. Way too old right?
deepakchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 10:56   #3261
BHPian

Playing back via airtel live will work only if the AL settings have been configured on your berry. Otherwise it won't work and hence no charges as well.
@Chaand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 11:04   #3262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Received a mailer from naaptol.com of an offer of Rs.11,999 for BB 9530 (unlocked for any gsm) with 3G. Is it still a good buy? Release date is 2008. Way too old right?
Hi deepak,

BB9530 is the STORM. Full touch. and if you are a heavy user eg. emails, chats etc you dont want to buy a Storm. the touch interface of BB storm is below average. Dont fall for the price, its a very old model. if you want to enter the BB world, BB8520 for 9990/- is a better deal for you.
h@r$h@l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 12:19   #3263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Dead right! Release date is old and the model is also discontinued, which is why this is sold cheaper. The same ad is also being printed in Times of India (Mumbai edition is what I know of). Dont go in for this. It looks like a gimmick to sell of outdated/refurbhished stuff.
@Chaand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 13:57   #3264
BHPian

Thumbs down Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaan View Post
Youtube videos should play in your default video player on the bberry curve 8520. Try connecting to a WIFI network and check if it plays the video. No software is required to play youtube on bberry although there are a few available on blackberry app world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
@Ramesh On my 9300 it doesnt work. With 3G i was able to play first few seconds and then the video stopped.
Val did told us the other day (do a search) that youtube will be played via Airtel live so it will attract charges. Tread carefully.

Even my bb 9700 doesn't play you tube videos. I've a GPRS connection. Once I checked with the airtel customer care and they declined any direct help on this matter. And he suggested to go for any third party app. Meanwhile I kept trying various browsers - opera, bolt(it works). Recently I tried playing a youtube video thru BB browser, it worked but it doesn't play till the end of the video.
Wifi - Actually doesn't help youtube.
vigneshnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 15:57   #3265
Senior - BHPian

I am interested in going for a BB Storm. Heard that Storm 3 is to be released during 2011. Any updates on the launch dates?
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 16:09   #3266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
Even my bb 9700 doesn't play you tube videos. I've a GPRS connection. Once I checked with the airtel customer care and they declined any direct help on this matter. And he suggested to go for any third party app. Meanwhile I kept trying various browsers - opera, bolt(it works). Recently I tried playing a youtube video thru BB browser, it worked but it doesn't play till the end of the video.
Wifi - Actually doesn't help youtube.
Hey,

Dont understand whats the issue here. I can very well Play youtube videos on my BB9780. I normally use wifi to play videos. Last week i had activated 3G on my fone to test it and we managed to stream a few videos from youtube to test it and all worked just fine.

I have never tried playing Youtube videos on EDGE.
h@r$h@l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 11:41   #3267
Senior - BHPian

Is the Tbhp messenger group still there? I tried to join but no response.

My pin - 30657053
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 00:15   #3268
ECM
BHPian

Looks no one tried a s.w for BB called Tawkon yet as I failed to see any post while searching,this software shows radiation level of your phone and then it controls it,my experence is if you are having low signals,sitting in a car or in lift phone just keep vibrating and tells you that radiation level is high and then try to reduce it,once it go above permisible limits warning comes to use either head phone or use hands free mode.Try this beautiful software which will give you an idea how a phone can throw radiation at you.Search google to get a link for download.Bye
ECM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 08:33   #3269
BHPian

@ECM: Nice find there. Will try to expriment. In terms of hardware google pong research and you will see a cover which deflects radiation. Only available in US though.
Old 5th April 2011, 09:50   #3270
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got my 8330 back after MEID & AKey registration. This is CDMA. How do I check it out whether the ESN is no longer there.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote