Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 7th May 2011, 21:33   #3331
BHPian

Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Guys I need a little help here.
Today morning I broke my 8520's housing(body) severely and I don't think it can be repaired. Only the front part is broken completely and the side/rear is fine
So obviously I'll have to buy a new housing now. Any good place in Mumbai where I can get a new housing??
Also, I've seen some BB's with custom colored/painted bodies so this time I'd like to buy something like that. Where can I get it?? Heera Panna??
Do reply 'coz I have to replace it ASAP!
Thanks!
If possible, I need something like this:
Attached Images

StrangeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 21:40   #3332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Guys I need a little help here.
Today morning I broke my 8520's housing(body) severely and I don't think it can be repaired. Only the front part is broken completely and the side/rear is fine
Go to Colormii. They make customised bodies for all Blackberries. The guys name is Sam and his number is 8108127999.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 22:38   #3333
BHPian

Thanks guys for the prompt response.Here in US,you don't get a sim alone,you get a package of phone with sim.after trying so many options with my BB,i finally bought a phone with sim for 9$ and then usual usage scheme. "when in Rome,do as Romans do"!
Rameshdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 21:17   #3334
BHPian

Installing OS6 on Curve3G, need help.

File details:
Quote:
Software For BlackBerry® Curve(TM) 9330 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2426 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2426
Consisting of:
Applications: 6.0.0.522
Software Platform: 4.4.0.434
File name: 9330AMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel2426_PL4.4.0.434_A6.0.0.522_S print_L.P.exe
File size: 140MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Link:click here

Crackberry takes me to sprint website which shows only 9330 there. Can i still use this f/w?
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 22:34   #3335
BHPian

@quadra
the curve 3g is the 9300. the sister phone on CDMA is the 9330.

the latest OS for the 9300 is from orange spain to be found here : https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...D281241FA66502

the reference page for all the latest official OS updates is here please stick to thoise as far as possible they tend to be the most stable:
The BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

the "absolute" latest OS noted for the 9300 is here:
Official OS 6.0.0.546 for the Curve 3G 9300 from du | CrackBerry.com

i would not suggest you use the absolute latest unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing or why you are upgrading.
valhallen.282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 10:13   #3336
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

A little help required. I am currently using a BB 9780 and in Feb 2011 i paid up a yearly upfront line rental to Vodafone for BB services.

My father is using E72 and he is not very comfortable with it as he has been on a BB for long time before he got his E72. So we thought of exchanging our Handsets. Today morning i called up Vodafone customer care asking if i can discontinue my BB services and settle my balance amount against my future bills or get refund. They simply refused.

I was told that if i change my handset or loose my BB and end up using some other fone (READ : NON BLACKBERRY) the money is gone. Those funds can neither be refunded nor adjusted against my future bills.

Is this legal or logical? I was bound to use a BB only but my dad needs one more than i do. And his E72 is hardly 4-5 months old and i don't see any problem with it, so i don't want to sell it and loose a sustainable amount on it. Also dad is a Airtel customer, so no option of adjusting the balance to his BB services :(

The situation for me now is, either loose out a part of the advance rental of BB services ( INR 6999) or loose out on re sale of E72. Only if Vodafone had a refund policy i wouldn't be loosing on anything and happily switch over my fone with dad's.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 12th May 2011 at 10:16.
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 10:17   #3337
BHPian

Hey guys, does anyone know of what BB services are available with IDEA Pune or Vodafone Mumbai. I will be coming to Mumbai/Pune soon so I need a BB plan. I just need basic BBMing and messengers. Not really in the need of browsing or emails etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
Aditya666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 10:23   #3338
Distinguished - BHPian

Need some urgent help. I updated my BB9700 from OS5 to OS6 thru the bb desktop app yesterday, and i absolutely hate it! Now im stuck as i cannot downgrade to OS5, when I connect my 2 colleagues 9700's, the desktop software shows an option to owngrade, whereas, with my phone, it shows only OS6(currently installed). What can i do to downgrade to OS5?
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 10:35   #3339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya666 View Post
Hey guys, does anyone know of what BB services are available with IDEA Pune or Vodafone Mumbai. I will be coming to Mumbai/Pune soon so I need a BB plan. I just need basic BBMing and messengers. Not really in the need of browsing or emails etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
Vodafone Mumbai has a BIS Lite plan for Rs 299 pm. Unlimited emails+BBM but no browsing. Fits you perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Need some urgent help. I updated my BB9700 from OS5 to OS6 thru the bb desktop app yesterday, and i absolutely hate it! Now im stuck as i cannot downgrade to OS5, when I connect my 2 colleagues 9700's, the desktop software shows an option to owngrade, whereas, with my phone, it shows only OS6(currently installed). What can i do to downgrade to OS5?
To downgrade, you have to do a factory wipe using a tool such as BBSAK (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife). Google for it.

However, it's not for the faint hearted. I *almost* bricked my BB 8520 in an effort to downgrade (I was a noob then). Not to mention the data loss.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 10:37   #3340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Vodafone Mumbai has a BIS Lite plan for Rs 299 pm. Unlimited emails+BBM but no browsing. Fits you perfect.

To downgrade, you have to do a factory wipe using a tool such as BBSAK (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife). Google for it.

However, it's not for the faint hearted. I *almost* bricked my BB 8520 in an effort to downgrade (I was a noob then). Not to mention the data loss.
Damn! So isn't there a risk free way of doing it? and why is it that some phones have an option to downgrade, while mine does not?
Old 12th May 2011, 10:50   #3341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damn! So isn't there a risk free way of doing it? and why is it that some phones have an option to downgrade, while mine does not?
BBSAK is a relatively safe way. Check this link BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

As I said, I was a newbie and didnt take proper backups. So be cautious.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 12:21   #3342
BHPian

Yeah. BBSAK works fine. Just click on load OS and choose to revert to old OS provided by Desktop Manager. It automatically backs up and reloads data when the OS is complete.

Thanks nishant. I will definitely end up using one of those SIMs and the subsequent plan
Aditya666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 12:43   #3343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Which OS6 did you install btw? Most people I know quite like OS6. Maybe you have installed some leaked version which is troubling you.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:46   #3344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Which OS6 did you install btw? Most people I know quite like OS6. Maybe you have installed some leaked version which is troubling you.

The version i have is 6.0.0.448. i ind it a lil fiddly, and i have absolutely no free space left, the phone frequently hangs die to this. Even i found this experience surprising, as all i've heard are good things about os6.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:49   #3345
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The version i have is 6.0.0.448. i ind it a lil fiddly, and i have absolutely no free space left, the phone frequently hangs die to this. Even i found this experience surprising, as all i've heard are good things about os6.
Ok so I think thats a leaked version which has been out for a while, hence the bugs.

Try upgrading to this
https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...CD0198E85F6D3A

It should solve most of your issues since it is supposed to be a stable OS. Try this and if you do not like it then downgrade.

Also remember to delete the vendor.xml file.