Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 13:00   #3391
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,176
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I think the 8520 is phased out. I've noticed no new advertisements for that model since the last 1 month+. Now all retailers seem to be pushing 9300 as the starting model.
How much is the 9300 for now?

Its a good phone, I got it as my spare BB for when I travel. It's got much better build quality compared to the 8520, especially the raised trackpad which was a big issue in the 8520. It runs smoothly on os6 too.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 13:37   #3392
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

9300 3g costs 14k in bangalore with 18 month warranty,the good news is,it is also available in white now
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 14:40   #3393
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
How much is the 9300 for now?

Its a good phone, I got it as my spare BB for when I travel. It's got much better build quality compared to the 8520, especially the raised trackpad which was a big issue in the 8520. It runs smoothly on os6 too.
Its around 12-13k. I didn't know the 9300 has a raised track-pad! That makes it interesting! I thought other than the OS6 compatibility, GPS and 3G, it isn't much different from 8520.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 16:49   #3394
BHPian
 
StrangeWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 738
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I think the 8520 is phased out. I've noticed no new advertisements for that model since the last 1 month+. Now all retailers seem to be pushing 9300 as the starting model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
How much is the 9300 for now?

Its a good phone, I got it as my spare BB for when I travel. It's got much better build quality compared to the 8520, especially the raised trackpad which was a big issue in the 8520. It runs smoothly on os6 too.
8520 is still available for Rs.9990 now.
9300 was for around 12k last time I check in alfa.
StrangeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:55   #3395
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,790
Thanked: 513 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Can anyone suggest a good BB service centre in Bangalore? My phone's (8900) trackball is not moving in upward direction. How much will be the cost for replacing track ball if necessary?
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 21:41   #3396
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 685 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Can anyone suggest a good BB service centre in Bangalore? My phone's (8900) trackball is not moving in upward direction. How much will be the cost for replacing track ball if necessary?
Hey,

Not sure of a bb center in banglore. But u can contact fellow bhpian nandish who is a BB retailer and I am sure he will be able to guide u well. Last year I had the track ball on my old 8310 replaced and cost be 550 rs. Don't know weather that's the right price or I was ripped. But it solved my problem and it does the job well till date.
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 21:45   #3397
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,790
Thanked: 513 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hey,

Not sure of a bb center in banglore. But u can contact fellow bhpian nandish who is a BB retailer and I am sure he will be able to guide u well. Last year I had the track ball on my old 8310 replaced and cost be 550 rs. Don't know weather that's the right price or I was ripped. But it solved my problem and it does the job well till date.
Thanks a lot. Can you kindly PM me his contact info?
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 21:59   #3398
BHPian
 
jatinpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 610
Thanked: 191 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

BB 9300(curve 3G) in alpha in mumbai its for 13.8k

Is BB pearl 9105 3G worth buying for 10k?
i dont mind omission of qwerty.
and is pearl 9100 still available ?
Cause its same as 9105 but with a qwerty.

And where can i find 8530 in mumbai? most shops give expression that they never heard of it or they directly show curve 8520.
jatinpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 22:42   #3399
BHPian
 
StrangeWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 738
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
BB 9300(curve 3G) in alpha in mumbai its for 13.8k

Is BB pearl 9105 3G worth buying for 10k?
i dont mind omission of qwerty.
and is pearl 9100 still available ?
Cause its same as 9105 but with a qwerty.

And where can i find 8530 in mumbai? most shops give expression that they never heard of it or they directly show curve 8520.
8530 is a CDMA phone so most shops don't have it. You can get it at any mobile operator gallery I guess.
BlackBerry - Curve 8530 - Find out where to buy BlackBerry 8530 phone

BlackBerry - Curve 8520 Smartphone - BlackBerry Curve 8520 in India
StrangeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 23:00   #3400
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 685 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Thanks a lot. Can you kindly PM me his contact info?
Here u go. His I'd is : nandishpal

U can find his posts in this same thread. You can PM him and I am sure you will find a solution.
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 23:06   #3401
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,790
Thanked: 513 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Thanks, I just received an email and while checking, thank God! the track ball found working.
Let me wait for few days.. if any issues, I will change.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 01:50   #3402
BHPian
 
jatinpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 610
Thanked: 191 Times
Default

Between curve 8520 and pearl 9100 or 9105 which to buy ?? Both are in my budget
jatinpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 08:26   #3403
BHPian
 
babaops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Hi,

Times of India these days gives an advertisement of BlackBerry Storm 9530 TouchScreen Smartphonefor INR 11000~ .

Is it a good price for this or is there any catch in it.
babaops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 13:58   #3404
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 571 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
Hi,

Times of India these days gives an advertisement of BlackBerry Storm 9530 TouchScreen Smartphonefor INR 11000~ .

Is it a good price for this or is there any catch in it.

The price is alright, however there are issues with the phone .
IMO, it was one of the worst phones BB ever made. The touchscreen is crappy and the phone has several issues. Freezing frequently being one of it. My advice, Stay Away. Get another model.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 14:02   #3405
BHPian
 
babaops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
The price is alright, however there are issues with the phone .
IMO, it was one of the worst phones BB ever made. The touchscreen is crappy and the phone has several issues. Freezing frequently being one of it. My advice, Stay Away. Get another model.
Thanks Swanand for the advice, will look for some other phone now.
babaops is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Of Bappa, Blackberry, Beach and a Beige beauty - My trip to Ganapatipule JoshMachine Travelogues 4 16th July 2013 14:21
Blackberry Pearl 8100 Sahil Gadgets, Computers & Software 20 10th September 2009 20:14
blackberry's for banglore cops whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 11 30th May 2007 22:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks