Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 10th June 2011, 10:45   #3421
BHPian

Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Its called the Playbook.
You can get reviews here BlackBerry PlayBook review -- Engadget and here http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/blac...-34185051.html

Last edited by slicvic : 10th June 2011 at 10:56. Reason: Wrong link posted earlier
slicvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 11:56   #3422
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,

A funny problem has come up in my Bold 9780. Since today morning it has stopped getting calls. sms, bbm, emails etc all work absolutely perfect. If someone calls me, i only get a missed call shown and no in coming call alert. i spoke to Vodafone and they dont see a problem at their end.

what could be the possible problem here? i check every setting in call forwards, call baring etc. No changes have been made there what so ever. I have only downloaded 1 app since yesterday evening which i deleted right after installing it as I didn't like it.

Please help me out. Its also not allowing me to make out going calls. I have to use my office land line to make outgoing calls after seeing missed calls :(
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 12:09   #3423
BHPian

h@r$h@l: If it's a prepaid, check you have enough balance in your account to make outgoing calls.
Neilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 12:13   #3424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
h@r$h@l: If it's a prepaid, check you have enough balance in your account to make outgoing calls.
Its a postpaid card. checked credit limit issue too. nothing of that sorts.
Old 10th June 2011, 12:44   #3425
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to Vodafone and also to the dealer from whom i bought the fone. He asked me to try swapping the sim and test. I inserted my dad's Airtel sim and everything seems to work perfectly normal and when i inserted by SIM in his E72 even that works perfectly well.

The call problem occurs only when Vodafone SIM is inserted in my BB9780. After a while when i connected my BB to my PC and open the desktop manager i got a software update. Did anyone else get the same?
Attached Images

Old 14th June 2011, 15:20   #3426
Senior - BHPian

Ok, here is a problem that i encountered a few days ago.
I used to use a Bold 9000 previous to switching to the Bold2.

A friend of mine bought the Bold form me, and after registering his fone (getting BB plan activated), all my BBM contacts and groups got registered on his BB. We had to literally delete one contact after another. Me adding them again in my BB was the additional headache. Rest everything was there, as is on my phone. Why the problem with only BBM in that case?

Any idea why this happens?
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 15:26   #3427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Ok, here is a problem that i encountered a few days ago.
I used to use a Bold 9000 previous to switching to the Bold2.

A friend of mine bought the Bold form me, and after registering his fone (getting BB plan activated), all my BBM contacts and groups got registered on his BB. We had to literally delete one contact after another. Me adding them again in my BB was the additional headache. Rest everything was there, as is on my phone. Why the problem with only BBM in that case?

Any idea why this happens?
Your BBM contacts are tied to the BB PIN which is hardcoded in each BB phone. To avoid this, or easy transfer of your contacts and settings to another BB, use the "Switch to another Device" option in BB Desktop Manager before giving away your BlackBerry phone.
Neilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 09:52   #3428
Distinguished - BHPian

Reliance CDMA Blackberry Options

What are the currently available options in Reliance and prices thereof.

After dallying with Android I am seriously thinking of coming back to a BB. Reason is the better sensitivity. Most probably I have a bad Epic 4G but found the signal levels at -101 to -106 dB at a friends place (not eactly usable), while his BB was at -83 dB. I live in a fringe area, so cannot afford to lose more than 6dB.

Must as I like Sndroid there are places where one has to be realistic. I find that Futurebazaar no longer lists Reliance phones.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 11:18   #3429
Senior - BHPian

Hi.. I have almost shortlisted BB 9780 as my next smartphone. However, I want to sell my existing BB Storm2 9520 (about one year old, good working condition. I am changing this device because I find it difficult to do fast typing of email messages on its touchscreen..)

Anyone know any BB shops in Chennai who buy back used phones for new one?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 13:41   #3430
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Anyone know any BB shops in Chennai who buy back used phones for new one?
Hyderabad has loads of options for buy-back.

I am contemplating on buying BB 9800 (Torch). Appreciate feedback from any users here and what's it current price?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 13:45   #3431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am contemplating on buying BB 9800 (Torch). Appreciate feedback from any users here and what's it current price?

One of the best phones made by Blackberry. IMO, go for it. You will find the expense to be justified. The current price in Pune is ~28k. Could be cheaper in a few stores.
Old 20th June 2011, 14:16   #3432
Senior - BHPian

@mobike- I will suggest wait for the new range of BB launches in next couple of months.
They are much better.
harry10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 14:21   #3433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
One of the best phones made by Blackberry. IMO, go for it. You will find the expense to be justified. The current price in Pune is ~28k. Could be cheaper in a few stores.
i saw it for 24k on dealsandyou.com.
but isnt it a resistive touch?
wait some, and a capacitive BB will definitely be around.

edit: my bad.seems the torch IS capacitive.

Last edited by mayankk : 20th June 2011 at 14:22.
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 14:26   #3434
Senior - BHPian

Mayank, dealsandyou.com offers "dealer warranty" IIRC. That varies between 6 to 12 months. Better to get the phone from an authorized dealer and get the correct warranty.
Also, yes the screen is reistive touch, but much better than those on the Storms.

@Mobike: On another thoughts, if you can hold your BB purchase for a while, then wait for the new models. If you cant, then the Torch is the best you can get in the current lot.
Old 20th June 2011, 15:20   #3435
Senior - BHPian

Redington warranty is the genuine warranty according to reports (as they are the one importing the BB Devices to India). So, if we can get the pack from Regington with their warrany which is most preferred than any Dealer warranty.!

I have read many reports and expert advises from other sources and the major opinion is that Bold 3 (9780) is better than 9800 model. Ofcourse the final deicision depends on the buyers and their individual preference.
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote