Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2013, 12:06   #4531
BHPian
 
nisarg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS View Post
I used the Z10 for an hour, and I have one question why to buy a Z10 or a Q10? I have owned Blackberry for years, and now I have upgraded to iPhone.
It is simple. Physical hardware keyboard of BB cant be matched with any droid or iPhone. Even newer Z10 has best keyboard i have ever used. Myself using Z10 and 9780 but I can type faster on Z10. they nailed it on touchscreen too. Q10 has very nice soft & tactile feedback keyboard which i liked the most.

Legacy devices with BIS is still winner for me. no doubt BB10 is very powerful platform.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 11:56   #4532
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 680 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Guys,

I am unable to open pdf files in my BB Bold 3. Do i need an app for that?

Please advise.

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 17:07   #4533
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 42
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

I am unable to open pdf files in my BB Bold 3. Do i need an app for that?

Please advise.

Regards,
You don't require any App.

What does it say when you try to open it?

Does this happen to pdf files which are a in an email attachment, or pdf files on your memory card, or both?
2legit2quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 17:11   #4534
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,573
Thanked: 7,655 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

I upgraded to the leaked OS version 10.1.0.2354

And, I am experiencing some network issues since then and also note that whatsapp does not show the new messages notification till i actually open the app and thats when the messages start populating. Crazy

Same issues most of the time with FB app. Some times it shows notifications and some times not until i open the app.

Can these be attributed to OS version issues?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 10:50   #4535
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,152
Thanked: 1,934 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Any idea if this battery from Flipkart is OEM? http://www.flipkart.com/blackberry-b...0-474f71585b9b

Has anyone bought this from Flipkart? How much would an OEM battery cost?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 13:02   #4536
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 680 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

I ordered a White "OEM" BB Housing from eBay for my Bold 3. Turned out crap. Its new and all, but the fitting is just not proper. Took it to my mobile guy and he quoted 2200/- for ORG BB Housing and 750/- for "OEM". But he said its best to stick to what came with the phone and live with the scratches.

Has anyone ever bought a ORG BB housing? Does it cost 2200?

Thanks
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 13:33   #4537
BHPian
 
StrangeWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 739
Thanked: 228 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I ordered a White "OEM" BB Housing from eBay for my Bold 3. Turned out crap. Its new and all, but the fitting is just not proper. Took it to my mobile guy and he quoted 2200/- for ORG BB Housing and 750/- for "OEM". But he said its best to stick to what came with the phone and live with the scratches.

Has anyone ever bought a ORG BB housing? Does it cost 2200?

Thanks
Yes its pretty expensive. I was quoted 2000 for the original housing for my curve and 650 for the copy.
The quality was decent enough lasted me a year.
StrangeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 13:59   #4538
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,152
Thanked: 1,934 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Yes its pretty expensive. I was quoted 2000 for the original housing for my curve and 650 for the copy.
The quality was decent enough lasted me a year.
I highly doubt BB would be selling the entire housing in the aftermarket. I guess you are being quoted 2000 for a good quality copy and 650 for a bad quality one.

I got the entire housing body of my 9700 replaced for 1200 last month, it is near perfect to OEM.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 15:00   #4539
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 680 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I highly doubt BB would be selling the entire housing in the aftermarket. I guess you are being quoted 2000 for a good quality copy and 650 for a bad quality one.

I got the entire housing body of my 9700 replaced for 1200 last month, it is near perfect to OEM.
I need to go look around for options. Cuz the one i got from ebay is just not right and has gaps on the sides. Else i will just go back to my org one. Scratched but fits perfect
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 19:10   #4540
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,250 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

The authorised BB retailers in our local market are quoting 1800/- for the same battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Any idea if this battery from Flipkart is OEM? http://www.flipkart.com/blackberry-b...0-474f71585b9b

Has anyone bought this from Flipkart? How much would an OEM battery cost?
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 04:45   #4541
BHPian
 
nisarg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I upgraded to the leaked OS version 10.1.0.2354

And, I am experiencing some network issues since then and also note that whatsapp does not show the new messages notification till i actually open the app and thats when the messages start populating. Crazy

Same issues most of the time with FB app. Some times it shows notifications and some times not until i open the app.

Can these be attributed to OS version issues?
Which z10 variants are you using? It was known issue on 2354 radio. But it is fixed now in latest leaked os.
You can try 10.1.0.4633 i have been running on it.

@harshal i have ordered 9780s from amazon but unfortunately seller sent 9800 housing. :( but quality and finishing is 8/10. Seller refunded me 1200/- no use of it though.

Last edited by nisarg86 : 16th July 2013 at 04:49.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 14:51   #4542
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 680 Times
Default BlackBerry Q5 launched in India for Rs. 24,990

BlackBerry Q5 launched in India for Rs. 24,990

BlackBerry has launched the BlackBerry Q5 in India at a price point of Rs. 24,990.

The BlackBerry Q5 is the second hardware keyboard (QWERTY) equipped smartphone running the new BlackBerry 10.1 operating system. The smartphone was first showcased at the BlackBerry Live Conference, in May 2013.

Source : http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news...ome-topstories

Even the BlackBerry India site is now updated.

http://in.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-q5.html

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 16th July 2013 at 14:55.
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 13:20   #4543
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,573
Thanked: 7,655 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Can the Blackberry 10 users list out their favorite apps that they are using?

It could be from any category would be useful to share this info amongst the minor set of folks who are onto this lovely mobile platform.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2013, 16:07   #4544
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Any reviews on the Q5, has anyone bought one as yet?

It comes with a sealed battery and cannot be removed. Good or Bad? What to do if the device hangs?

So I got it, a blackberry q5. Unboxed the device and using it from last evening.
I am kinda starting to like it.

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th July 2013 at 14:46. Reason: merging
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 07:47   #4545
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,593
Thanked: 3,310 Times
Default Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
So I got it, a blackberry q5. Unboxed the device and using it from last evening.
I am kinda starting to like it.
how is the experience without the optical trackpad? I missed that feature when I saw it recently.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Of Bappa, Blackberry, Beach and a Beige beauty - My trip to Ganapatipule JoshMachine Travelogues 4 16th July 2013 14:21
Blackberry Pearl 8100 Sahil Gadgets, Computers & Software 20 10th September 2009 20:14
blackberry's for banglore cops whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 11 30th May 2007 22:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks