Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 18:15   #586
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Mobike saab !

Get yourself a BIS package now, shop for accessories at Fommy.co.in.You cannot get good stuff within hyd without paying a premium, the fuel costs are equal to delivery costs if you need anything of quality.

I look forward to reading your emails and posts via the Bold! :-).

And when you figure out using the Wayfinder Navigator ,educate me because mine's stuck on "activation required" and beeping Airtel are clueless!.

PS : there is a desktop cradle by Amzer on fommy for about 1600. Ive just ordered it and looks a bargain compared to OEM one for 1.6k as well , but it comes without the charger. check out Desktop Cradle for Blackberry® Bold™ 9000 for Blackberry Accessories

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 30th March 2009 at 18:32.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 21:28   #587
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I look forward to reading your emails and posts via the Bold! :-)
Thanks Arun. Will surely get on to the bandwagon pretty soon. I guess the first accessory that i am going to buy is the car holder. It's pretty cool and quite useful too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
@quickdraw @ mobike008

congrats on your berries.

Quickdraw, you will miss the Bold eventually, TRUST ME!

Mobike, have a great time with ur Bold, i have one too and have become a Crackberry addict. For problems, software etc visit CrackBerry.com – The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers and it will fulfill most of your needs.
Thanks Anil. I quickly checked the crackberry site. Does it not have any freebies for downloads? Almost all software seems to be downloadable against a charge?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 21:35   #588
BHPian
 
mohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto / Kurukshetra
Posts: 640
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks Anil. I quickly checked the crackberry site. Does it not have any freebies for downloads? Almost all software seems to be downloadable against a charge?
It has some free themes in the forum and yes some free software too. Unlike symbian, most BB stuff is not free unless its from someone like google.

Are you looking for anything in particular? I'd say wait for the app store to come up and then evaluate your options.
mohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 22:54   #589
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,490
Thanked: 6,768 Times
Default

Hey congratz Mobiberry do post a review of the device.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 23:31   #590
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

@Mobike
Congrats for Bold.
So you bought from quick?

@N_crazy
Congrats for Javelin.

Have fun.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 12:40   #591
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,575
Thanked: 269 Times
Default

So, in short Mobike and Quick are happy. Mobike got a bold and quick got another buyer ! Expecting a clean review very soon (after getting BIS please).
shajufx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 13:00   #592
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

I NEED the BB Gurus help!

Fist time i installed wayfinder navigation from airtel.getwf.com , everything worked perfectly. This was the position for about a week and then suddenly , the Wayfinder app started saying

"Your wayfinder is not activated " , "click here to purchase a subcription"

So i clicked the link and it transfers to Airtel live webpage giving the following options

1) 199 monthly
2) 70 weekly
3) 30 for 24hrs one off

clicked on the 199/month, but there is never any response . I guess the Airtel server is not able to register my subscription via the link or something in those lines.The page remains dead without any activity whilst the browser shows the connection is active.

Then i called up Airtel and explain the situation.The 2 different opinions given were

1) Sir , you dont have GPRS service on your blackberry , BIS is different and you need to activate GPRS Mobile office for 199/month.

2) Sir , just uninstall the application and do a clean install for it to work again


I'm assuming the 1st one doesnt make sense and hence tried the second , however its still sayin "no subcription" .

Wayfinder customer service say its a Service provider issue. Airtel says its Wayfinder issue.

So whats my next step ?

cheers
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 15:22   #593
BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 979
Thanked: 1,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
@quick,

Congrats for Javelin..
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
What is the damage of having used all berries so far ?
I keep myself restricted in upgrading from Pearl just because of this losing factor. Every resale and new buy is a loss of money, unless you get them as promotional offers straight from RIM. Hope you are not doing a project on "Emergence, development and growth of berries in the world" !!
The damage done is quite a bit, but its worth it for the love of Berries, might right a book about it soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
@quickdraw @ mobike008

congrats on your berries.

Quickdraw, you will miss the Bold eventually, TRUST ME!
Thank you, and if I do then ill buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I guess I forgot to tell you guys -

I got a Blackberry Javelin 8900 last week too.
Woah sneaky sneaky, congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Mobike saab !

PS : there is a desktop cradle by Amzer on fommy for about 1600. Ive just ordered it and looks a bargain compared to OEM one for 1.6k as well , but it comes without the charger. check out Desktop Cradle for Blackberry® Bold™ 9000 for Blackberry Accessories
The OEM Cradle is way better in terms of build, I would reccomend a OEM cradle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Aila, Congrats to all who got their hands on new berries. Hmm, some shifting from iPhone to BB. Will have to try a BB then.. Seems like its raining BBs!
Dont get caught in the rat race get your berry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I NEED the BB Gurus help!

Fist time i installed wayfinder navigation from airtel.getwf.com , everything worked perfectly. This was the position for about a week and then suddenly , the Wayfinder app started saying

"Your wayfinder is not activated " , "click here to purchase a subcription"

So i clicked the link and it transfers to Airtel live webpage giving the following options

1) 199 monthly
2) 70 weekly
3) 30 for 24hrs one off

clicked on the 199/month, but there is never any response . I guess the Airtel server is not able to register my subscription via the link or something in those lines.The page remains dead without any activity whilst the browser shows the connection is active.

Then i called up Airtel and explain the situation.The 2 different opinions given were

1) Sir , you dont have GPRS service on your blackberry , BIS is different and you need to activate GPRS Mobile office for 199/month.

2) Sir , just uninstall the application and do a clean install for it to work again


I'm assuming the 1st one doesnt make sense and hence tried the second , however its still sayin "no subcription" .

Wayfinder customer service say its a Service provider issue. Airtel says its Wayfinder issue.

So whats my next step ?

cheers
I am quite sure they have no idea what the problem is and will give you genric out of the book response.

I advice you to buy mapmyindia.com navigator online and buy the licence as its way better for India and covers a far more detailed part then any other application I've ever seen.

HEY GUYS!

I was thinking about maybe a group buy from fommy.co.in and cnn.cn is anyone interested in Pimpin their berries and getting some toys for it? We might end up saving some moolah!
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 15:54   #594
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I was thinking about maybe a group buy from fommy.co.in and cnn.cn is anyone interested in Pimpin their berries and getting some toys for it? We might end up saving some moolah!

One problem i see is what would the delivery option be ? All items to one destination would mean persons from elsewhere have to pay delivery again. This would negate the savings made initially.

Otherwise , I'm game!
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 16:06   #595
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,378 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I got a Blackberry Javelin 8900 last week too.
And it looks quite gorgeous!
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 17:17   #596
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,368
Thanked: 383 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Woah sneaky sneaky, congrats!
Sneaky ? LOL ! Thank you thank you. Am loving it !!
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 17:35   #597
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,861
Thanked: 2,397 Times
Default

NC post some review man
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 18:50   #598
Senior - BHPian
 
revtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,987
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

a friend of plans on buying the Javelin in the US.he wants to know if it can be unlocked.

rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 19:05   #599
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,490
Thanked: 6,768 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Sneaky ? LOL ! Thank you thank you. Am loving it !!
Traitor! Whats with this mobile frenzy, Sun iPhone 3G, Monday BB?

Anyways congratz and enjoy the berry.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 19:48   #600
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,575
Thanked: 269 Times
Default

So we have a clean review of BOLD and Javelin expected here ! Dont they both look alike ? If you put them together, they look like brothers. I have not gone through the detailed feature list. Let us hear from the new users on what they like best. So far not heard on STORM. Anyone here ?
shajufx is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Of Bappa, Blackberry, Beach and a Beige beauty - My trip to Ganapatipule JoshMachine Travelogues 4 16th July 2013 14:21
Blackberry Pearl 8100 Sahil Gadgets, Computers & Software 20 10th September 2009 20:14
blackberry's for banglore cops whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 11 30th May 2007 22:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:55.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks