Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 16:14   #1261
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 106
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Guys I was planning to make a little guide, because lots of the questions being asked here are repeated. I needed a little help. I wanted the BB helpline numbers for all the OP's except Vodafone (55666) and I would love to compile everything together. I would love to know about any special plan's you get (my boss has a 600ish corporate plan from AirTel) and BSNL has BB services on PrePaid. Would like to know helpline numbers of CDMA providers as well.
Tata Indicom BB helpline 1800-419-0121
Airtel BB helpline 7070 or bb (dot) support (at) airtel.in

Even Airtel has introduced the personal mail 299 plan in prepaid. That plan is mentioned in all the BB Curve 8520 advertisements. That it is now available even on pre-paid.
deepakchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 19:28   #1262
BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 979
Thanked: 1,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Tata Indicom BB helpline 1800-419-0121
Airtel BB helpline 7070 or bb (dot) support (at) airtel.in

Even Airtel has introduced the personal mail 299 plan in prepaid. That plan is mentioned in all the BB Curve 8520 advertisements. That it is now available even on pre-paid.
Wow I had no idea about that one, anyways ill keep compiling some stuff and post soon. I got a chance to play around with a live 8520 today, and certeinly feel its really good. The tactility of the optical trackpad is excellent. And it has a nice rugged look to it. Feel really stupid now after spending 27k on the Curve 8900. Oh and the best part is that it doesnt have the chrome bezel so it wont fade away or get scratched.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 20:03   #1263
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

Does it make sense going in for a BB when one has a couple of POP email accounts ?
Should I go in for a BB or stick to a E63 or 72 with mobile office ?
I need to understand the utility, (though i would love to go for the BB 8520)
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 20:33   #1264
BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 979
Thanked: 1,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Does it make sense going in for a BB when one has a couple of POP email accounts ?
Should I go in for a BB or stick to a E63 or 72 with mobile office ?
I need to understand the utility, (though i would love to go for the BB 8520)
It doesnt matter if your email account is POP, IMAP or on the company Exchange server. I would personally say you should go in for one and see how it changes things. The 299 plan is simply irresistible. And if it isnt working for you I will pick up the 8520 from you. I cant stop thinking about it since I saw it, its lovely.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 21:12   #1265
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
It doesnt matter if your email account is POP, IMAP or on the company Exchange server. I would personally say you should go in for one and see how it changes things. The 299 plan is simply irresistible. And if it isnt working for you I will pick up the 8520 from you. I cant stop thinking about it since I saw it, its lovely.
There are BB lovers and there are BB lovers and then there is QD
Thanks bro. I will most probably go in for one next month. The 299 plan is unlimited mails right? Also, can I config 3-4 POP accounts in BB? I would need atleast 3 to be accessible all the time.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 12:04   #1266
BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 979
Thanked: 1,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
There are BB lovers and there are BB lovers and then there is QD
Thanks bro. I will most probably go in for one next month. The 299 plan is unlimited mails right? Also, can I config 3-4 POP accounts in BB? I would need atleast 3 to be accessible all the time.
Yes its unlimited, and you can configure 10 actually.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 12:07   #1267
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: kolkata
Posts: 927
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

I'm also quite tempted to pick up a blackberry after Airtel has launched the 299 plan, my brothre just picked up the 10k handset and it's serving him good, I think the 8520 is 15k though.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 14:37   #1268
BHPian
 
maverick555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Haryana
Posts: 78
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Considering blackberry 8520 locked with airtel.
is unlocking this possible to use with any other carrier and approx cost for same?
maverick555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 17:12   #1269
BHPian
 
maverick555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Haryana
Posts: 78
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Got a BB 8520 from HotSpot in Dwarka today. Airtel lock for 15k, the cheapest i found. it is coming with a 2 gb card and a free skin (I got a violet one as the other was yellow :-(). Though there is no leather pouch. Any idea how much a original cost and where to get it. I am a first time BB user moving from Nokia 5800, wish me luck.
the lowest price for 8520 here in chandigarh is 15200 after 5% cash back- at mobile store no freebies (skin etc ,hope mem card should be coming in box )along with it.
is it ok or should i try hotspot etc?

Last edited by maverick555 : 26th August 2009 at 17:31. Reason: correction
maverick555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 19:15   #1270
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,138
Thanked: 1,897 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I'm also quite tempted to pick up a blackberry after Airtel has launched the 299 plan, my brothre just picked up the 10k handset and it's serving him good, I think the 8520 is 15k though.
Which BB handset is for 10k? And where did you brother get it from?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 19:53   #1271
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,575
Thanked: 269 Times
Default

10k for a brand new handset ? That sounds attractive. I dont mind upgrading if I can get a BOLD in that price range !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 20:33   #1272
BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 979
Thanked: 1,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I'm also quite tempted to pick up a blackberry after Airtel has launched the 299 plan, my brothre just picked up the 10k handset and it's serving him good, I think the 8520 is 15k though.
Yes its for about 15k depending from where you pick it up from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick555 View Post
Considering blackberry 8520 locked with airtel.
is unlocking this possible to use with any other carrier and approx cost for same?
About 10$ish there are a lot of online sites that offer the service, I am sure you can ask AirTel for the code as well, free of charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
10k for a brand new handset ? That sounds attractive. I dont mind upgrading if I can get a BOLD in that price range !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Which BB handset is for 10k? And where did you brother get it from?
Ha ha, You can easily get a brand new pearl 8100, Curve 8300 or a 8830 for that price range. The 8700 is even cheaper.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 19:11   #1273
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,575
Thanked: 269 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
10k for a brand new handset ? That sounds attractive. I dont mind upgrading if I can get a BOLD in that price range !
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Ha ha, You can easily get a brand new pearl 8100, Curve 8300 or a 8830 for that price range. The 8700 is even cheaper.
I meant a BOLD in that price range, I know its just dreaming. Two of my friends sold their Pearl for 4k last week. Prices are dropping twice a day, as it looks. Gone are the days we had to wait for 6 months to see a price drop !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 19:17   #1274
BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 979
Thanked: 1,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I meant a BOLD in that price range, I know its just dreaming. Two of my friends sold their Pearl for 4k last week. Prices are dropping twice a day, as it looks. Gone are the days we had to wait for 6 months to see a price drop !
Yes sadly that is the case with tech these days, for the very same reason I am holding on to my 8900 rather then picking up a 8520 ASAP (I know I want to) but lets see. Dont like the tour that much, I like the spaced keypad (a la Curve)
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 19:24   #1275
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: kolkata
Posts: 927
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Which BB handset is for 10k? And where did you brother get it from?
Hi Sahil, check the below link, it's on the Airtel website as well.

Airtel Blackberry Devices, BlackBerry Handhelds in India for you
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Of Bappa, Blackberry, Beach and a Beige beauty - My trip to Ganapatipule JoshMachine Travelogues 4 16th July 2013 14:21
Blackberry Pearl 8100 Sahil Gadgets, Computers & Software 20 10th September 2009 20:14
blackberry's for banglore cops whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 11 30th May 2007 22:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks