Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 31st August 2016, 17:47   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hi Akshay,

If you PM me what city you are IN, i may ne able to point you to right ppl. I was in this industry in India for 7 years before moving to Melbourne in 2014.

If you have any further questions; feel free to post here or PM.
Hi ;
I have created a 4 camera setup with DVR and it records everything on an internal HDD. Nowadays its becoming very common for thief's to steal DVR also so if you can suggest a cheap but reliable solution to store camera feed on internet also which can be retrieved as when required.
Thanks in advance
sparkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2016, 18:56   #77
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I bought a Sricam IP camera available on Amazon. It costed me 3200. I am pretty satisfied with it so far. Now I want to add more cameras to my house. I have a very tight budget for this. Wanted to know the pros and cons of these from you all.
nik0502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 15:50   #78
BHPian

I came to know about the services of a start-up company called 'Secure Service Plus' They offer CCTV on rent! at the end of rental period there is an option for buy back also.

Got them to install the CCTV at my place. The team seems sincere to sort out issues. For e.g now its only B/W, they are still figuring how to make it color feed.

I don't stay at the site and would like to connect the system to the internet. This would need a wired broadband connection as per them. The plans for such wired broadband per month is at a minimum of 675rs per month, which is too steep for me considering that I will seldom check the feed online. So was wondering is there a technical way to connect the DVR to a wifi dongle through a Wifi router?
nijelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 16:52   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
--. So was wondering is there a technical way to connect the DVR to a wifi dongle through a Wifi router?
Yes, Certainly you can connect DVR through wifi dongle. I am using the similar setup. Technically you need a wifi dongle and a repeater kind of setup which accepts wifi from dongle and give internet over wired connection which in turn can hooked on to DVR. I am assuming that your DVR has got a LAN port.

I am using reliance jiofi and a dlink DIR 505 repeater.

Hope this helps
sparkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 18:09   #80
BHPian

Gurus, need some more help

I have set up a few Foscam wireless cameras at my place.

What I want to do next, is to replace my DVR with a USB drive connected to my Router. I understand this can be done by making my DLink 2750U an FTP server.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial? Or tell me if I am talking gibberish.

Thanks
akshaymahajan is online now   Reply With Quote