Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2006, 20:06   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
lancer_mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 142
Thanked: 0 Times
Default DVD Writer N Hard disc

i am upgrading my comp and am looking out for a good DVD Writer.please suggest a good one(pioneer/sony/lg) etc. and the approximate price.

as of now i only have 20 GB hard disk and im totally running out of space so i plan to upgrade my Hard disc.can some please give me the approximate prices of
1)80 GB
2)120 GB

thanx in advance.
lancer_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 20:15   #2
BHPian
 
dogdiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 74
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

ASUS has a good DVD Writer. The cost might be around 2200(I dont know for sure).
As far as the hard drive is concerned, buy the biggest you can afford.the price difference between the 80 GB and 120 GB is not significant compared to the added storage gain. (2500(80G) - 3500(120G))

http://www.computerwarehousepricelist.com/ for bangalore

http://www.npithub.com/ for delhi
dogdiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 20:19   #3
BHPian
 
ThE_DoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default

Sony is good.. AVOID samsung drives..
you may go for the 1 with the maximum warranty since problems usualy start creeping up after 1-2 years..
Price depends on the brand 3500-5500

About HDs.. I have the seagate 120 GB 7200.. Very good.. Current price around 3000-3500
ThE_DoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 20:33   #4
BHPian
 
ThE_DoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdiga
ASUS has a good DVD Writer. The cost might be around 2200(I dont know for sure).
As far as the hard drive is concerned, buy the biggest you can afford.the price difference between the 80 GB and 120 GB is not significant compared to the added storage gain. (2500(80G) - 3500(120G))

http://www.computerwarehousepricelist.com/ for bangalore

http://www.npithub.com/ for delhi


Dude you some site that delivers in mumbai at the best prices ??
ThE_DoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 20:48   #5
BHPian
 
dogdiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 74
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_DoN
Dude you some site that delivers in mumbai at the best prices ??
...I dont. I have no idea where they sell computer peripherals in Mumbai. Delhi has Nehru Place. Bangalore has SP road. What about Mumbai?
dogdiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 21:22   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,735
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

lamington road and andheri..................
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 21:24   #7
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
lancer_mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 142
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_DoN
About HDs.. I have the seagate 120 GB 7200.. Very good.. Current price around 3000-3500
my hardware guy said that 80 GB costs 3200 and 120 GB costs about 4200.are these prices proper or is he overcharging me.can some one plese find out for sure the cost for 120 GB.
lancer_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 21:24   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,735
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania
i am upgrading my comp and am looking out for a good DVD Writer.please suggest a good one(pioneer/sony/lg) etc. and the approximate price.

as of now i only have 20 GB hard disk and im totally running out of space so i plan to upgrade my Hard disc.can some please give me the approximate prices of
1)80 GB
2)120 GB

thanx in advance.
is tht a laptop hard disc? cos if so i might buy it from you if your interested in selling it
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 21:46   #9
BHPian
 
fash_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 217
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Been using Sony DVD writer for a while now and its pretty good. Avoid Samsung drives and HDD as much as possible-my two cents though.
fash_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 22:47   #10
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
lancer_mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 142
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hey fash
how much did you get your sony DVD writer for ??

no khanak its for a normal comp not laptop.
sorry
lancer_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 23:22   #11
BHPian
 
ThE_DoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania
my hardware guy said that 80 GB costs 3200 and 120 GB costs about 4200.are these prices proper or is he overcharging me.can some one plese find out for sure the cost for 120 GB.
Maybe hes givin you a SATA Disk.. anyways avoid it and go for regulars ONLY

HD prices +/- 100 rs
SEAGATE
80 gb 7200 = 2300
120 gb 7200 = 3200
160 gb 7200 = 3500

go 4 160 only
ThE_DoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 23:25   #12
BHPian
 
ThE_DoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default

PRICE LIST I GOT http://www.computerwarehousepricelis...=Pricelist.xls

YOU will get these at atleast 10 % less if u bargain
ThE_DoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 23:40   #13
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
lancer_mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 142
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

the don
those are banglore price.they might be more expensive here in bombay.
lancer_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 23:56   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NA
Posts: 1,217
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

I would avoid a Sony DVD writer. They are just rebadged Liteon writers, they are not very highly rated by those that burn lots of discs. Litone writers used to have a lot of problems.

The burners choice are Pioneer and NEC drives.

As for hard drives avoid Maxtor and go for the biggest 7200 HD you can afford. If Seagate still offer a 5 year warranty go for a Seagate.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2006, 09:51   #15
BHPian
 
dogdiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 74
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania
the don
those are banglore price.they might be more expensive here in bombay.
The price difference wont be too much. Maybe + or - 150 max.
dogdiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
External DVD writer - suggestions? benbsb29 Gadgets, Computers & Software 4 6th July 2009 10:37
Is this a DVD writer issue? deepakvrao Gadgets, Computers & Software 37 9th July 2008 20:26
External DVD-Writer bharanidharang Gadgets, Computers & Software 5 9th April 2007 14:21
Service centre required for LG CD-player/writer cum DVD player benbsb29 Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 18th January 2007 11:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks