Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 24th September 2016, 10:32   #1651
BHPian

Default Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
One more strike against the Mi Pad - Chromecast doesn't install on it. A tablet to be avoided for so many reasons.
Hi!
Are you not able to download Chromecast app from the Play Store?
If yes, then as an alternate solution, you can download its apk. Just google Chromecast apk and it should work.
I do the same for apps that are not made for the screen resolution which the Mi Pad has and therefore in play store it says not compatible with your device such as TOI, ET and whatsapp to name a few.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 24th September 2016 at 10:37. Reason: typo
Sherlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 13:13   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Hi!
Are you not able to download Chromecast app from the Play Store?
If yes, then as an alternate solution, you can download its apk.
Yeah, I know - I have installed Whatsapp similarly for a few people.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 15:11   #1653
BHPian

Had an eventful night yesterday upgrading my Moto Xoom tablet from 3.2 to a custom ROM 4.4.4. For a newbie I went through phases of excitement at the start, tension as it got soft bricked and then relief when it was done. Took about 3 hours, reading procedures online, different forums, downloading ROMs,gapps etc. and resolving issues. At the end, a new lease of life was provided to an aging tablet.
sansvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 07:33   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
So the screen of my Nexus 7 2013 tablet got broken today, any suggestions on screen replacement costs and reliable vendor in Delhi or Noida
I'm in a similar predicament with my Nexus 7 2013 tab. I was wondering if you were able to restore your tab to working condition. If yes, then could you share where you got it fixed from and for how much?
lordvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 19:55   #1655
BHPian

Default Sony Experia Z Tab repair - need help in Bangalore

Hi All,

I got an Experia Tab Z from the US a few years ago. Thing was working well for a while but then it suddenly died. No indication, no wear and tear. Just one day decided to die. When I charge it, the light glows but doesn't turn the device on.

I took it to the Sony service center in Koramangala and they said that they won't be able to help since it's a US device and they don't have the required software / knowledge to repair it. That leaves me with the last option - SP Road.

Can any of you recommend a place there or anywhere in ORR (Silk Board to KR Puram area) where I can repair this? Its a wonderful device and I want to repair it and use it. I do have an iPad for work so not really impacted but spending 500$ and not enjoying an Android device at home is just silly.

Please help.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 12:37   #1656
BHPian

Hi, is there any budget android tab available which has HDMI output port? I need the tab to play stored media or youtube and send audio & display to TV?
ankan.m.blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:45   #1657
Senior - BHPian

What is a robust but budget tab, preferably with a big screen. Actually we wish to give it to our fashion designer so it'd be great if it can handle some abuse but since it'd be given to factory staff I don't want to spend too much.

I looked at Micromax tablets at around 8-9k but the reviews weren't very confidence inspiring. Willing to spend around 10k on it.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 20:18   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
What is a robust but budget tab, preferably with a big screen. Actually we wish to give it to our fashion designer so it'd be great if it can handle some abuse but since it'd be given to factory staff I don't want to spend too much.

I looked at Micromax tablets at around 8-9k but the reviews weren't very confidence inspiring. Willing to spend around 10k on it.
See if you can get the Mi Pad.
Xiaomi has build it around the iPad, and does the basics pretty well.
Been using one since a 2 years now.
neofromcapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 20:30   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
I agree with neofromcapone. Been using one myself since a year. It's a great tab for basic net surfing, streaming movies on netflix, occasional gaming and all.

Strong points being powerful processor, great display and a good battery life.

Although, it will be difficult to get one hold of since its discontinued. You can try olx.
Sherlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 15:56   #1660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
I agree with neofromcapone. Been using one myself since a year. It's a great tab for basic net surfing, streaming movies on netflix, occasional gaming and all.
I can't find it on amazon. I don't want to take a chance sourcing it from olx as used electronics don't interest me.

Its really surprising that there are no good reviews for any tablet under 10k.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 16:25   #1661
Senior - BHPian

If you are buying a Mi Pad, ignore the fact that has 2 GB Memory. Assume you are buying a tab with 1 GB Memory. The MIUI takes up 1 GB or more of memory.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote