Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 13th March 2016, 21:16   #316
Default Re: Cheapest Second/Third Car.

Originally Posted by Guru_DTSi View Post
What are your observations of the Nano? I've driven it only once, when it was launched, and really didn't know what to make of it, since my experience with driving was limited during those days.
I have driven the Nano for 20-30kms in the city on a few occasions and was very impressed, except of course the drum brakes which need some getting used to. I'm a 6 ft'er and I could comfortably seat in the rear seat after adjusting the driver seat according to my driving position. It gives one of the best road view from the driver seat and the engine is decently peppy. My friend is very happy owner of the car and takes it for 300-400 kms highway drives too.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2016, 11:43   #317
Default Re: Tata Nano vs Maruti Alto vs Chevrolet Spark

Since the current discussion is about getting a cheap car I am sure Nano LX will be the best option. And I would say that one should pay more and look for the latest Nano LX version in used car market. Because its already available for discounted rates, So in case you pay more you might end up getting good deal with power steering in twist model.

I have seen people buying Old maruti 800s for 25-40 k and then scrapping it in two months of use! Where as I got my Nano LX 2011 one and half year back for some 70 K and I have covered more than 8 K km and just had to change a spark plug and normal servicing that's all. So the Nanos can never be compared with Old 800s.
zaheer5776 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2016, 13:25   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

When comparing preowned between the three.

It would be good to look at which makes for a better car when new and go for that.

Now which is better is so subjective, hence the best approach in my view would be to look at which is best in your own eyes (the buyer). Next also consider that if the vehicles is a big success in terms of sales then the resale buy and sale price will be high.

Spark is now too dated and so not only is it a poor resale put also a poor support proposition.

Considering the above I would go with the Nano as it would make for an even more VFM vehicle when bought preowned.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 19:19   #319

Be nice to know actual fuel consumption figures for the Automatic Nano in City usage. Also, some idea about resale value after 3 years
Dead Head is offline   Reply With Quote