Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 11th February 2006, 02:14   #31
BHPian

Maybe this helps:
Baleno Lxi costs around 5.74 lacs onraod in kerala.

Also you just can compare baleno with a ford ikon or esteem.
Baleno is a midsize car which was competing with Honda city & lancer.
But esteem & ikon is an entry midsize car.
So with baleno u get more status .
Also from browsing i can see that baleno is an interntonal car ( tho outdated).
it has 2 stars in crash test which is comparable to that of Lancer.
Sorry if im confusing you.I had travelled in a swift for a continuous 200 km trip & couldn find any problem with engine noise.I would suggest you take your wife along with you & take a test drive at a showroom.Maybe the swift your wife travelled had some problem
Juz my 50 cents
hari_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 16:01   #32
BHPian

Thank you for all your suggestions and responses. Although it did take me a while to decide and buy a car, I bought a Silky Silver Baleno Lxi last week. Am very impressed with it so far. So there is one more addition to the Baleno owners club.

Some questions that I have
1)What are the precautions that I need to take during the run in period? The dealer told me not to worry about the run in period as the engine comes run in
2)The dealer told me that since it had a B6 at the very end of the vin number that it was a 2006 model(feb 2006). Gurus, please let me know if that is correct.
3)What petrol should I be using?
4) Hyderabad owners: Any good petrol bunks near hitec city?

Thanks and Have fun,
Dwarak
dwarakv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 18:31   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarakv
Thank you for all your suggestions and responses. Although it did take me a while to decide and buy a car, I bought a Silky Silver Baleno Lxi last week. Am very impressed with it so far. So there is one more addition to the Baleno owners club.

Some questions that I have
1)What are the precautions that I need to take during the run in period? The dealer told me not to worry about the run in period as the engine comes run in
2)The dealer told me that since it had a B6 at the very end of the vin number that it was a 2006 model(feb 2006). Gurus, please let me know if that is correct.
3)What petrol should I be using?
4) Hyderabad owners: Any good petrol bunks near hitec city?

Thanks and Have fun,
Dwarak
Oh wow!!! I was begining to wonder what happened... So you brought a Baleno Lxi.. silky silver?!! Congrats mate. Its a nice car.

By any chance are you in Satyam? :-/ Of late I am seeing at least two silky silver new Balenos here... Anyways, finally how much did you get it for? Did you get it for the target 5.75L? And yes... B6 means it is a Feb'06 model. Maruti follows a funda wherein every month has a character associated with it. So B is feb... and that 6 is for 2006. Anything before 2000 had a different way of numbering (I forgot the numbering scheme there).

A good petrol bunk near hitech?!! Ummm... I doubt it. And I presume you live somewhere close by (since you travel only 5 kms). However if you do drive to city at least on weekends there are lot many good ones available. I know the IndianOil pump next to Shoppers Stop is a good one... So is the BP pump after Paradise flyover... The Reliance pump at Balanagar is also good.

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd April 2006 at 18:33.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 14:50   #34
BHPian

[SIZE=2]
Quote:
By any chance are you in Satyam? :-/ Of late I am seeing at least two silky silver new Balenos here... Anyways, finally how much did you get it for? Did you get it for the target 5.75L?
Nope, I work for Noetix Corporation. Got it for 5.61 L with finance disc. Dealer also threw in a stereo system.

Quote:
I know the IndianOil pump next to Shoppers Stop is a good one... So is the BP pump after Paradise flyover... The Reliance pump at Balanagar is also good.
Thanks for the info. Shall check them out this weekend.

Regards,
Dwarak
[/SIZE]
dwarakv is offline   Reply With Quote