Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 21:43   #571
BHPian
 
Wildy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wild Planet
Posts: 195
Thanked: 621 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

uthra, Welcome to T-BHP. Just for a change, why don't you TD the Nissan Micra Active XV Safety Pack? It's the High End model and is priced 4.71 Lakhs with complete package including ABS, 2 Airbags, Music System and other goodies. And the Mileage is 19.49 which could be great advantage for the city drivers like you.
Wildy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 17:12   #572
BHPian
 
rkhare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 89
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am in the market to replace my 100000 kms covered Ritz VDi. Had short listed the Swift ZDi; Ritz ZDi and Liva D. Ruled out the Liva for it's interiors, Ritz was ruled out as I don't want a repeat. So my choice now is the Swift ZDi and this is what I am buying. Anurag.
Downgrading from a smarty Ritz to piggy lookalike Switz? Isnt Swift and Figo two ugliest hatch on Indian Roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uthra View Post
i would not touch the company with a bargepole wrt service.
You call overcrowded, and no personal attention MASS as quality service.
The companies you consider providing barge pole service, just ask the owners how many times they need to take their vehicles to service centres and cost of actual ownership.
Just TD a Brio before taking a call whether its comparable to good old waggy or upgrade, I am sure you will change your opinion. Amongst the B2 hatch I will rate Europeans way ahead of Asians except Brio and Micra (I dont consider Nissan as Asian anymore). My 2 cent advice is TD top end Micra / Pulse , Polo and Brio before taking a final call.
( and in case you are adventurous type, TD Punto as well in their newly set up Fiat Caffe's and just ask them about their service schedule and warranty terms )
rkhare is offline  
Old 7th September 2013, 17:37   #573
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,371
Thanked: 13,345 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
Downgrading from a smarty Ritz to piggy lookalike Switz? Isnt Swift and Figo two ugliest hatch on Indian Roads?
Piggy!

Now that is the worst comment I have heard for the Swift.

I wont comment further as looks are subjective and a strong final opinion can't be brought to so it is to each of his own.

I feel the Swift is better than the Ritz in looks and features (the ZDi) and no other comes close to the Swift and MASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
You call overcrowded, and no personal attention MASS as quality service.
I rate as MASS the best. Let it be troubleshooting or any sales, after sales problem. No one in India can beat their service by miles.

Yes they are overcrowded due to the name they have created for themselves and so people go for them. But till date in my life I have never heard any complaint from my dad for MASS.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th September 2013 at 17:40.
a4anurag is offline  
Old 7th September 2013, 17:45   #574
BHPian
 
Wildy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wild Planet
Posts: 195
Thanked: 621 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Well, Like good old Molly Hatchet Southern Rock song, One man's pleasure is another man's pain. So, it's all depends on one's tastes. However, decide the best that you think according to your tastes and budget and take a ride. Always, the buyer is the best.
Wildy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2013, 14:24   #575
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: delhi
Posts: 32
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

[quote=rkhare;3230924]Downgrading from a smarty Ritz to piggy lookalike Switz? Isnt Swift and Figo two ugliest hatch on Indian Roads?

Smarty ritz and ugly swift? I have heard a lot of thuings about swift but "ugly" sure isn't one of them!!! As for Ritz, smart isnt exactly the word I think of when I look at it!

You call overcrowded, and no personal attention MASS as quality service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I rate as MASS the best. Let it be troubleshooting or any sales, after sales problem. No one in India can beat their service by miles.

Anurag.
I second Anurag. MASS is crowded, but not over-crowded. That's understandable, since maruti has a lot more cars out on the roads than anyone else! And I haven't had any complaints from them all these years. Neither have I heard anyone else complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
The companies you consider providing barge pole service, just ask the owners how many times they need to take their vehicles to service centres and cost of actual ownership.
Just TD a Brio before taking a call whether its comparable to good old waggy or upgrade, I am sure you will change your opinion. Amongst the B2 hatch I will rate Europeans way ahead of Asians except Brio and Micra (I dont consider Nissan as Asian anymore). My 2 cent advice is TD top end Micra / Pulse , Polo and Brio before taking a final call.
( and in case you are adventurous type, TD Punto as well in their newly set up Fiat Caffe's and just ask them about their service schedule and warranty terms )
I was talking about GM...and I have an owner at home (my husband drives a UVA) so I know exactly how "brilliant" their service is or how often the car needs to go to the service centre, what is the cost of ownership etc etc, as you pointed out. And it sure doesnt beat MASS.
Brio...I already explained was in terms of the size. Driving is definitely better (have driven a friend's) but definitely not an upgrade either way. The Europeans may be fine but for India, the Asians do pretty well (Indians, Japanese, Korean...). And not to forget, the top end of Polo and Punto go way out of the league of the other makes -- and only give extra power on the roads. Which is something anyone would love to have, except that we don't have teh roads to put the power to best use!
uthra is offline  
Old 9th September 2013, 17:24   #576
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 243
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
uthra, Welcome to T-BHP. Just for a change, why don't you TD the Nissan Micra Active XV Safety Pack? It's the High End model and is priced 4.71 Lakhs with complete package including ABS, 2 Airbags, Music System and other goodies. And the Mileage is 19.49 which could be great advantage for the city drivers like you.
How does the Micra Active compare to the new model or the Renault Pulse ?. Am considering these cars and also the Etios Liva & Polo. Any actual owner feedback ?.
vivriti is offline  
Old 9th September 2013, 18:15   #577
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,371
Thanked: 13,345 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uthra View Post
I second Anurag. MASS is crowded, but not over-crowded. That's understandable, since Maruti has a lot more cars out on the roads than anyone else! And I haven't had any complaints from them all these years. Neither have I heard anyone else complain.
I would say Maruti, Hyundai and Toyota have the largest vehicular population.

What I feel is the worst is with Toyota as compared with the other two. Toyota has only three dealers and ASC's for the whole of Hyderabad, so imagine the crowds there. But never I have heard a complaint from toyota owners. The best reliable car and ownership experience I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uthra View Post
I was talking about GM...and I have an owner at home (my husband drives a UVA) so I know exactly how "brilliant" their service is or how often the car needs to go to the service centre, what is the cost of ownership etc etc, as you pointed out. And it sure doesnt beat MASS.
+1

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline  
Old 10th September 2013, 09:02   #578
BHPian
 
Wildy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wild Planet
Posts: 195
Thanked: 621 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post

How does the Micra Active compare to the new model or the Renault Pulse ?. Am considering these cars and also the Etios Liva & Polo. Any actual owner feedback ?.
Both engines are same except Micra Active has a little lower bhp. Apart from that, size and performance wise micra active and pulse are almost identical. But active is really a true value for our money and can be easily handled in city traffic. Moreover it got nice looks and good space and boot too. You may go for top model which cost you lesser than many basic models. I didn't like Liva for it's taxi kind of interiors. Polo is great looker if you got good money but my vote goes for micra active. All the best.

Last edited by Wildy : 10th September 2013 at 09:04.
Wildy is offline  
Old 10th September 2013, 17:42   #579
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Hi everyone, between an i10 grand petrol magna and ford figo exi diesel which one is a better choice? Current running doesnt really warrant diesel, however with some good discounts the ford is really tempting. Please advice
spiler is offline  
Old 10th September 2013, 18:49   #580
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: delhi
Posts: 32
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

ok, so now, the plans have changed a bit. My folks no longer want the Wagon R (they have decided it isn't worth getting worried about it and maintaining when they can hire a taxi for the rare times they need to drive off far) and I have decided to look at selling it off. I have received different valuations at three Maruti True value dealers (70k, 80k and 90k respectively), besides the 20k exchange bonus. Is it worth it? Or should I try and sell it off myself? I don't expect more than 1.25 in the open market, which would be about 15k more than the best offer. What say, experts?
also, the waiting time for my chosen colors at this particular dealer (DD Motors, Maya Puri) is 15 days and one month respectively. only thing is, it is quite a distance from my residence (I decided to check up with them simply because my Waggie was brought there). Suggestions please!
uthra is offline  
Old 10th September 2013, 19:35   #581
BHPian
 
Wildy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wild Planet
Posts: 195
Thanked: 621 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
Hi everyone, between an i10 grand petrol magna and ford figo exi diesel which one is a better choice? Current running doesnt really warrant diesel, however with some good discounts the ford is really tempting. Please advice
Figo would be more appropriate. But, I would recommend Titanium diesel instead of ZXI. The difference is less than 50,000. But you would get 2 Airbags, ABS+EBD, Alloy Wheels, Driver Seat Height adjustment, Electrically Adjustable ORVMs, Rear Wiper, Fog Lamps etc. Isn't that a damn good deal for less than Rs. 50,000 more?
Wildy is offline  
Old 10th September 2013, 19:39   #582
BHPian
 
kraft.wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: LA <---> Coimbatore
Posts: 943
Thanked: 254 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

May be this is already answered in previous posts, looking to buy a Swift or i20 for my parents. This will be driven by my driver bhai. I personally like the Swift, but parents seem to like the i20 better.
Are there any other cars I should look out for?
Trying to keep the budget in 5-6L range
kraft.wagen is offline  
Old 10th September 2013, 20:07   #583
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,371
Thanked: 13,345 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
Hi everyone, between an i10 grand petrol magna and ford figo exi diesel which one is a better choice? Current running doesnt really warrant diesel, however with some good discounts the ford is really tempting. Please advice
I would say the Ford Figo. Please go for the Top End Titanium variant.

Since you get good discounts then choose the Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uthra View Post
ok, so now, the plans have changed a bit. My folks no longer want the Wagon R (they have decided it isn't worth getting worried about it and maintaining when they can hire a taxi for the rare times they need to drive off far) and I have decided to look at selling it off. I have received different valuations at three Maruti True value dealers (70k, 80k and 90k respectively), besides the 20k exchange bonus. Is it worth it? Or should I try and sell it off myself? I don't expect more than 1.25 in the open market, which would be about 15k more than the best offer. What say, experts?
also, the waiting time for my chosen colors at this particular dealer (DD Motors, Maya Puri) is 15 days and one month respectively. only thing is, it is quite a distance from my residence (I decided to check up with them simply because my Waggie was brought there). Suggestions please!
Why don't you try getting a quote from outside. If the prices you get is better than the three True Values guys then sell if off outside else sell it Maruti.

Look for convenience also while selling and buying a new car as you should not get a headache with the travel latter on. Which car have you chosen and which colour that has a such a long waiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Are there any other cars I should look out for?
Trying to keep the budget in 5-6L range
Petrol or Diesel bhai?

I would say the Swift first but would suggest you the Figo too. The titanium model rocks and is in your budget too (may be you'll have to stretch a little bit for the Figo).

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 20:20   #584
BHPian
 
kraft.wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: LA <---> Coimbatore
Posts: 943
Thanked: 254 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Petrol or Diesel bhai?

I would say the Swift first but would suggest you the Figo too. The titanium model rocks and is in your budget too (may be you'll have to stretch a little bit for the Figo).

Anurag.
Oops forgot to mention that.. Petrol
kraft.wagen is offline  
Old 10th September 2013, 20:23   #585
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,371
Thanked: 13,345 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Oops forgot to mention that.. Petrol
1)Ford Figo
2)Swift VXi
3)Honda Brio.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The B2-segment Hatchbacks Comparison Thread! RavenAvi Hatchbacks 410 20th September 2017 23:31
FEATURES comparison of select Hatchbacks & Sedans in Rs 5-6 (P) & 6-7 (D) Lakh Range jessie007 The Indian Car Scene 27 25th December 2014 17:22
FEATURES comparison of Hatchbacks in the price range Rs 5-5.85L (P) & 6.00-6.85L (D) jessie007 The Indian Car Scene 26 31st January 2013 12:27
Base variant FEATURES comparison of select Hatchbacks jessie007 The Indian Car Scene 28 3rd November 2012 20:27
FEATURES comparison of select Hatchbacks & Sedans in Rs 6-7 (P) & 7-8 (D) lakhs range jessie007 The Indian Car Scene 10 24th April 2012 14:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks