Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2013, 00:50   #661
BHPian
 
Pankaj_Ahlawat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 141
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Well gentlemen , I too need to pick up a hatch to replace indica turbo for my wife. It would be hardly driven 600 to 800 kms in a month. Hence leaning towards a petrol. Now choice is Swift vxi or zxi or i10 grand . OTR 5.5, 6.4 and 5.0 L respectively. More inclined towards swift cause of interiors, ride quality(most important after having stiffer ride of Verna, indica, xuv in the house), space and bulletproof reliability
ICE upgrade ( rainbows and DD amp) and alloys with Michelin 185/65/15 is must
However split between vxi and zxi. Any thoughts. Thinking of 3-4 lacs down payment and rest finance.
Any thoughts welcome, wish to close it next week
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline  
Old 12th October 2013, 00:52   #662
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
Well gentlemen , I too need to pick up a hatch to replace indica turbo for my wife. It would be hardly driven 600 to 800 kms in a month. Hence leaning towards a petrol. Now choice is Swift vxi or zxi or i10 grand . OTR 5.5, 6.4 and 5.0 L respectively. More inclined towards swift cause of interiors, ride quality(most important after having stiffer ride of Verna, indica, xuv in the house), space and bulletproof reliability ICE upgrade ( rainbows and DD amp) and alloys with Michelin 185/65/15 is must However split between vxi and zxi. Any thoughts. Thinking of 3-4 lacs down payment and rest finance. Any thoughts welcome, wish to close it next week
Consider the Pulse, Micra, Ritz and Stingray too! All very nice cars indeed.
shankar.balan is offline  
Old 12th October 2013, 00:59   #663
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
Any thoughts welcome, wish to close it next week
Swift ZXi it is. Just add the speakers + Amp you want and enjoy. It is a complete package and overall a classic ownership.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline  
Old 12th October 2013, 01:11   #664
BHPian
 
Pankaj_Ahlawat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 141
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Consider the Pulse, Micra, Ritz and Stingray too! All very nice cars indeed.
My wife does not like any of above, last rejection being brio for coming across as fragile and cramped. So it's actually more of swift, zxi or vxi being the question.
Zxi has ABS , airbags, alloys, climate control.
Nicely integrated HU , however not sure if it is a good one to do justice to rainbow comps and DDc4c,
Am I better off with vxi that leaves room for choice of alloys plus Michelin , nice 2din dvd led HU capable of juicing out SQ
However this would be without abs and airbags , not sure if that would be that relevant as my wife drives very modestly.
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline  
Old 12th October 2013, 03:58   #665
BHPian
 
90BHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 233
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i20 vs Linea Classic vs Fiat Punto

Firstly I would recommend you check the service network for both Volkswagen & fiat in the area. They are not yet known to have the most widespread network so that might help you cut your choices. I personally own the i20 & the reason I bought it was the space & the luxury that Hyundai gave me at that price. However given a second choice & probably a shorter height I would have gone for the polo. I still the design but the only grouse is that I am 6ft and the car just doesn't fit me well.
90BHP is offline  
Old 12th October 2013, 06:26   #666
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mandi
Posts: 65
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i20 vs Linea Classic vs Fiat Punto

^There are all the showroom in my hometown barring Volkswagen which doesn't have a single showroom in the whole state. Another reason that we're not interested in Polo is that it has 3-cylinder engine whereas the Polo GT TDI is out of his budget (8-lakh).
0xTKB is offline  
Old 12th October 2013, 07:02   #667
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,557
Thanked: 646 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i20 vs Linea Classic vs Fiat Punto

Quote:
Mileage shouldn't be too low & should be a diesel car.
Spares should be easily available.
He prefers a sedate driving style, not like us enthusiasts, so handling won't matter that much.
For him, Safety > Comfort > Features > Handling.
With the above parameters, i20 seems to be sole contender.

Grand i10 may not be able to accommodate the occasional 5th passenger and it doesn't have powerful heart that propels the i20.

On contrary, had he been an enthusiast, PUNTO 90HP would have been the sole contender

Last edited by F150 : 12th October 2013 at 07:09.
F150 is offline  
Old 12th October 2013, 07:31   #668
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,762
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i20 vs Linea Classic vs Fiat Punto

I think your friend is better off with one of the FIATs.

Some of the reasons are:

1. He will be driving on ghat roads, which are never in good condition for long. The FIAT's have SUV like ground clearance of 185mm and comparatively stiff suspension. So there is not much chance of bottomming out or scraping anything. The i20 with its low GC and soft suspension will run this risk a lot.

2. Even if he is not an enthusiast, driving around in mountain roads, he will feel the confidence that the FIAT twins will give him, compared to the vague steering of the i20.

3. FIAT dealers are a hugely improved lot and are getting even better. So you dont need to worry too much about that.
julupani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 08:56   #669
BHPian
 
asit.kulkarni93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune/ Bahrain
Posts: 571
Thanked: 594 Times
Default

Hello,
Did your friend consider the Amaze? I myself have not been in one, but a friend who recently got the amaze diesel keeps telling us about the space, comfort and the ease of driving the 100ps Diesel engine. You can get one your budget and It has ABS standard across all its variants.
As you suggested he needs no enthusiasts car why don't you suggest him a verito/vibe? They are the ideal workhorses we have in our market. The D6 variant comes with abs, end and air bags and is priced at 6.66lakhs ex-showroom ( Shimla).
asit.kulkarni93 is offline  
Old 12th October 2013, 09:23   #670
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,686
Thanked: 3,842 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
Am I better off with vxi that leaves room for choice of alloys plus Michelin , nice 2din dvd led HU capable of juicing out SQ
However this would be without abs and airbags , not sure if that would be that relevant as my wife drives very modestly.
I would say go with the ZXi. IMO, airbags/ABS are much more important than choice of alloys or music system. Your wife maybe a modest driver, but our roads are full of not-so-modest drivers. Please don't discount on safety.
vb-san is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 09:55   #671
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,308 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
Am I better off with vxi that leaves room for choice of alloys plus Michelin, nice 2din dvd led HU capable of juicing out SQ. However this would be without abs and airbags , not sure if that would be that relevant as my wife drives very modestly.
Every time you or your need not be at fault. The other road users will compel you for thinking about safety features. It is better to go with the ZXi variant and retro fit what all music system parts you want. At least you have the safety features and a peace of mind which is more important than music.

The saying: "Jaan hai to Jahaan hai!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I would say go with the ZXi. IMO, airbags/ABS are much more important than choice of alloys or music system. Your wife maybe a modest driver, but our roads are full of not-so-modest drivers. Please don't discount on safety.
+1000!. You echo my mind.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 12:32   #672
BHPian
 
Pankaj_Ahlawat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 141
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Every time you or your need not be at fault. The other road users will compel you for thinking about safety features. It is better to go with the ZXi variant and retro fit what all music system parts you want. At least you have the safety features and a peace of mind which is more important than music.

The saying: "Jaan hai to Jahaan hai!"



+1000!. You echo my mind.

Anurag.
Lol ..agree completely, dunno why one needs other folks telling you that . pure incident of how mind gets hijacked for bling stuff at the price of logic
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline  
Old 12th October 2013, 18:40   #673
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,129
Thanked: 996 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

If you can afford it, get the SX4. You get high GC, better space and a more powerful engine, the ideal combination for hill roads.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 19:23   #674
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mandi
Posts: 65
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i20 vs Linea Classic vs Fiat Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I think your friend is better off with one of the FIATs.

Some of the reasons are:

1. He will be driving on ghat roads, which are never in good condition for long. The FIAT's have SUV like ground clearance of 185mm and comparatively stiff suspension. So there is not much chance of bottomming out or scraping anything. The i20 with its low GC and soft suspension will run this risk a lot.

2. Even if he is not an enthusiast, driving around in mountain roads, he will feel the confidence that the FIAT twins will give him, compared to the vague steering of the i20.

3. FIAT dealers are a hugely improved lot and are getting even better. So you dont need to worry too much about that.
This was my initial recommendation to him. And, I went today to the showroom of Fiat, there, the salesman told me that he'll waive off Rs 70,000 + Free insurance + some accessories on a 2012 model Fiat Punto Dynamic 75 BHP (with ABS but no airbags). So essentially, this model will be of Rs. 5.5 lakhs. So what do you say guys? Should we go for this 2012 model Fiat Punto?

And regarding the dealers of Fiat, yeah they have improved a lot. Fiat showroom is under the same guy who has Chevrolet showroom here & his customer care & ASC are highly spoken of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Hello,
Did your friend consider the Amaze? I myself have not been in one, but a friend who recently got the amaze diesel keeps telling us about the space, comfort and the ease of driving the 100ps Diesel engine. You can get one your budget and It has ABS standard across all its variants.
As you suggested he needs no enthusiasts car why don't you suggest him a verito/vibe? They are the ideal workhorses we have in our market. The D6 variant comes with abs, end and air bags and is priced at 6.66lakhs ex-showroom ( Shimla).
He did not consider Honda Amaze because somehow, he didn't like the build quality of the vehicle. Regarding Mahindra Verito/Vibe, they're hugely practical but downright ugly too.
0xTKB is offline  
Old 13th October 2013, 09:47   #675
BHPian
 
Pankaj_Ahlawat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 141
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Swift ZXi it is. Just add the speakers + Amp you want and enjoy. It is a complete package and overall a classic ownership.

Anurag.
Well looks like gravitating more towards vdi now and then going for zdi would take it to whole new territory ..so thinking of vdi, would also test drive I.10 grand today
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The B2-segment Hatchbacks Comparison Thread! RavenAvi Hatchbacks 410 20th September 2017 23:31
FEATURES comparison of select Hatchbacks & Sedans in Rs 5-6 (P) & 6-7 (D) Lakh Range jessie007 The Indian Car Scene 27 25th December 2014 17:22
FEATURES comparison of Hatchbacks in the price range Rs 5-5.85L (P) & 6.00-6.85L (D) jessie007 The Indian Car Scene 26 31st January 2013 12:27
Base variant FEATURES comparison of select Hatchbacks jessie007 The Indian Car Scene 28 3rd November 2012 20:27
FEATURES comparison of select Hatchbacks & Sedans in Rs 6-7 (P) & 7-8 (D) lakhs range jessie007 The Indian Car Scene 10 24th April 2012 14:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks