Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 23rd February 2006, 07:31   #16
BHPian

Dont forget to try out the Tuscon. Its a great vehicle too
nishant_kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2006, 10:39   #17

Why not try out the Laura? FE is of course excellent. Plethora of features (usefull as well as useless). I know you already have the camry as a luxury car but the european cars are in a league of their own. Since all your cars are japanese going towards the korean cars doesn't make sense. I dont think the Laura is overpriced (as most members here seem to think so) considering an octavia L & K manual costs 15 Lakhs on road in delhi. A laura DSG costs 18. Add 1 Lakh for the auto to the L & K octavia and the diff between the two is just 2 Lakhs (not bad for a brand new model and extra features).
mohananuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2006, 12:33   #18

Well now I am seriously considering of getting a SUV, thanks to all of your suggestions. However I still do have a few doubts in my mind..

1. Are there any real advantages of getting a CRV/TUSCON over a luxury car like the Accord or Laura other than completing my garage. (Both the CRV and Accord are 5 seaters, and the Accord clearly being more comfortable and feature rich)

2. And suppose I do decide to go in for a SUV, then the Hyundai vs Honda battle will rage. Argh!

I am going to get a test drive of the Tuscon today, maybe that will make things clearer.
wildthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2006, 14:25   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Are there any real advantages of getting a CRV/TUSCON over a luxury car like the Accord or Laura other than completing my garage.
- More room (useful for airport and out of town trips)

- Higher position and ground clearance - Very good for highway driving

- Ruggedness

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2006, 13:37   #20

Hey Guys,

I finally managed to get a test drive of the Tuscon. And I must say, that it was pretty impressive. The car looks nice and rugged. And the engine performed smoothly. Interiors were decent too.

Somehow, though I know it's not right, I end up comparing the comfort levels of the CRV and Tuscon to the Accord!

Anyway, thanks to everyone here at T-Bhp for their support!
Old 5th April 2006, 16:46   #21
BHPian

Given that you have been used to comfortable sedans so far, a move to an SUV in a similar price range will feel liking moving down the ladder in terms of comfort.

Since you mentioned that the vehicle you are considering is going to be used 90% in the city, why would you want to choose an SUV for that purpose?

You have mentioned all the cars you have.. wouldn't one of those still serve the purpose? If the idea is to get another ride for the same purpose, consider something like a Skoda Combi.. has car like comfort levels with SUV like load carrying capacity.

Another option might be the Chevrolet Forrester.

-Sumit
sumitsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 01:17   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

if ur expecting luxury from a suv and comparing it to an accord then i feel u actually have made a decision.go for a luxury sedan choose from the accord or octi vrs.u can also look at the laura with dsg.pretty good car with nice f.e. and a good build quality.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 01:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Looks like somebody is in the same shoes as you.

http://www.bsmotoring.com/whichcar/2006/feb04_3.htm
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 04:45   #24
BHPian

just thought I'd add a couple of points:
1) accord is not very fuel efficient. my Accord v6 initially gave barely 4kmpl in the city. My grandfathers 2.4 doesnt do much better. in every other way it is a fantastic car-comfortable, respectable. but i see you already have a large 4 door sedan, so that should do the job.

2) crv is basically an suv on a civic chassis and to drive is very carlike. how about a left field choice. a Mahindra Scorpio? Agreed it is not as upmarket as your other desicions but it is a really good car, especially now it has a good diesel engine. I have a scorpio( an older one). bought it new almost 2 years ago. Immediately put some good I.C.E in it (drop down tv screen, mp3 player, nice speakers). along with that it has leather seats, keyless entry and all the pre requisite features of a good modern car. Buy the higher end versions and u get beige or Carbon fibre effect trim so the interiors are good to look at. plus u get 7 seats!

it is extremely reliable, a lot of fun to drive, fast for an suv and i have taken it offroading on a few occasions and although it wasnt hardcore offroading, i was suitably impressed.

have fun, deciding which car to buy is almost as much fun as actually buying it! best of luck
tvrspeed12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2006, 12:32   #25
BHPian

The best car for you for city driving would be the Skoda RS. Its the fastest, not as bulky as a suv and most importantly its FE is the best in its class. It gives an avg FE of 10.5 kmpl which is much better than any of the other cars in the D segment and better than some cars even in the C segment.
And of course , the kick it would give you , compares to nothing else available right now.
mrhap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2006, 13:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

There is the Tucson's big brother..the Terracan.
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2006, 13:44   #27

Hello,

We've finally bought a Honda Accord 2.4 M/T. I guess that the comfort was what did us in

Thanks to all the fellow T-BHPians for their support. Your inputs have been truly valuable