Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 4th April 2006, 18:44   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Should you look at Indigo. Boy!!! Are you leaping ahead... and how. haa haa haaa. From Xeta to ITurbo and now Indigo?
I am looking long term and have a budget upto 5.5L max. But I do not want to spend money just because I can (I had started a sedan thread which GTO closed ) I am looking for value for each money I spent and a car that I think I should keep for at least 5 yrs or so. If the logic says xeta makes more sense over indigo I would like to go for it rather than spending money on status symbol & a boot

Though I was initially reluctant, I am more or less sold on TATA so now have to decide which TATA sister to take home

Last edited by pingme : 4th April 2006 at 18:47.
pingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 20:08   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingme
Though I was initially reluctant, I am more or less sold on TATA so now have to decide which TATA sister to take home
Slightly off-topic considering the title of this thread:
After 3 years and approx. 58K km of an Indica V2 LSi, I'm considering a change of car. I'm in a similar dilemma - do I need a boot or not? Indica Turbo DLG or Indigo LS? Or wait for the DICOR versions? Confusing!!

P.S. Not selling the LSi
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 20:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

After being used to Zen, i dont think you will feel that "Fun factor" driving Xeta.. or even WagonR (due to its tall boy dynamics).. so why not consider a second hand Esteem Lxi/Baleno...

Just my 2 cents.
DCEite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 21:12   #19
BANNED

Hi,
Just Buy a new Wagon R or go for an Indica Turbo.

2nd hand is risky at times.

Xeta is not that better than a Wagon R when it comes to technology and driving experience. It may sound like a better value, but maintenance of a Maruti will be far better than a Tata. You'll recover the price diff within a year or 2.

If you still insist on a value buy, go for the Indica Turbo. It'll save you of precious fuel costs and will offer some fun to drive. And that 1 lakh rupees extra? You'll correct it within some thousands of Kms which I think you'll do in one year.
As said earler: PETROL : 50Rs.
DIESEL : 34Rs.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2006, 18:09   #20
BHPian

Having such a strong brand loyalty, I am sure TATA would die to get more customers like you. A XETA is a sensible option given that for the same price, you are getting a "new" car vs. a used one.

-Sumit
sumitsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2006, 14:15   #21
BHPian

okay guys, Finally I have bought 2nd hand Ford Icon Flair for 3.5L 24KKm run a Aug 2003 model with Blaprupt 10 CD changer.

Now is this a good deal
pingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2006, 16:18   #22
Team-BHP Support

Car prices are decided based on today's street prices, not on the past prices. If you look at today's cost of a new Ikon Flair IMO a 2.5 years old car at 3.5L is on the higher side.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote